Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hesitant about ttc

Hi ladies,

I feel like I don't really have anyone irl that I can vent to about this and thought since GD is playing a bit of a roll in this that some of you may have had a similar experience or know where I'm coming from.

I've always wanted a little boy after growing up in an all girl family, attending an all girl school and now working in a female dominant environment. I just feel it would suit me. After two children (didn't know about swaying) I now have two wonderful DDs. The decision to have the first was tricky (the unknown, change of lifestyle etc) but knew we always wanted kids so took the plunge. The decision to have the second was the easiest (wanted a sibling for DD1). However really deciding to have a third is proving very very difficult. I've never felt so indecisive in all my life and as a planner my flip flopping on this is very out of character.

My DH is very happy with his two DDs and has been slow to come around to the idea of a third. He feels that the financial pressure this will put us under will likely significantly impact the lifestyle that we can lead and what opportunities we might be able to give our DDs. I totally get where he's coming from, it makes complete logical sense to me, but after finding this site while still pregnant with DD2 I haven't been able to shake the idea of giving it one last try (with swaying) in hope for a son.

After chatting with DH about getting my mirena removed he says he'll be supportive of whatever I want to do. The pressure I feel that this is 'my decision' is weighing on me heavily, particularly given the result may well be an opposite (we both seem to have all lot of girl friendly things going for us naturally). My hope is to ttc between April and July 2018. I just booked an appointment to have the mirena removed next week but I still don't know if I'm doing the right thing. I feel like I'm going through the motions a little without being totally present. Kinda how people describe having an out of body experience and watching themselves from above.

Has anyone experienced a strong sense of hesitation prior to ttc? Does this mean I'm not ready? Or I shouldn't pursue this at all?

TIA for your thoughts.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did. I was in the same situation as yours the only difference being my DH never says no to the idea of kids . I had closed the kids chapter after dd2 but after a co worker mentioned "swaying" curiosity got the best of me and i stumbled onto this site and after 4 yrs of being "done" i reopened the chapter of "should be have a third".
    I took a long while in thinking it over and struggled with the idea of "what if its a girl" "is a 3rd child workable or will i just ruin what we already have by throwing in a 3rd".
    The bottom line was there was this hope that this site had given me and i just couldn't stop wondering " what if ? ". So for me i had to give swaying a try or i would not have been able to rest in peace.

I did get a sway opposite btw and regretted swaying deeply. Not to mention that "letting my guard down" for swaying opened the route for my current oopsie a year after my DD3 so now i am having to deal with 4 kids where i was once hesitant at the thought of no.3.

So bottom line its natural to feel hesitant. Just weigh ur pros and cons before you make a final decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bluebooties; January 7th, 2018 at 10:34 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hesitant about ttc

Hi MiaMelb I'm probably not much help as we are in the same boat as you.
    We just had DD2 (failed sway) and are talking about a 3rd (thinking of going HT) but are very conscious of the financial and lifestyle implications of having 3 vs 2.
    Like you I always wanted to have a boy (although I came from a boy heavy family) and I know hubby would love a boy.
    I think it's normal to be hesitant prior to ttc and doesn't necessarily mean you aren't ready yet or shouldn't pursue it. It's a big decision to make!
    Good luck with whatever you decide - sending you blue dust too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think cold feet can mean almost anything: they can just indicate a little nervousness or they can mean that on some level you really don't want to go ahead with it. How do you think you would handle it if your third was also a girl? If you found out you were pregnant today, would you feel mostly joyful and excited about it? Just a few questions to toss around in your head.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebooties View Post
    I did. I was in the same situation as yours the only difference being my DH never says no to the idea of kids . I had closed the kids chapter after dd2 but after a co worker mentioned "swaying" curiosity got the best of me and i stumbled onto this site and after 4 yrs of being "done" i reopened the chapter of "should be have a third".
    I took a long while in thinking it over and struggled with the idea of "what if its a girl" "is a 3rd child workable or will i just ruin what we already have by throwing in a 3rd".
    The bottom line was there was this hope that this site had given me and i just couldn't stop wondering " what if ? ". So for me i had to give swaying a try or i would not have been able to rest in peace.

I did get a sway opposite btw and regretted swaying deeply. Not to mention that "letting my guard down" for swaying opened the route for my current oopsie a year after my DD3 so now i am having to deal with 4 kids where i was once hesitant at the thought of no.3.

So bottom line its natural to feel hesitant. Just weigh ur pros and cons before you make a final decision.

Wow Bluebooties, your experience definitely gives food for thought.

Congratulations on your current pregnancy, I hope after the initial shock of an oopsy you've found some happiness and excitement for your expanding family. Are you going team green or finding out the sex?
    It's a bit of a moot question now given #4 is on the way so close to DD3 but were you ever worried out the age gap between DD2 and #3? DH is keen to wait and if I knew #3 would be a boy I could delay a while but given the real chance of another girl I don't want her to feel like the third wheel as DD1 and 2 are quite close in age.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
    I think cold feet can mean almost anything: they can just indicate a little nervousness or they can mean that on some level you really don't want to go ahead with it. How do you think you would handle it if your third was also a girl? If you found out you were pregnant today, would you feel mostly joyful and excited about it? Just a few questions to toss around in your head.
    I'm realistic about the fact #3 may well be a girl. Obviously extremely disappointed about never having the boy I dream of but to be honest I have amazing girls, really truly great. If a third girl was anything like my others then I'd be extremely lucky and thankful.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boywish View Post
    Hi MiaMelb I'm probably not much help as we are in the same boat as you.
    We just had DD2 (failed sway) and are talking about a 3rd (thinking of going HT) but are very conscious of the financial and lifestyle implications of having 3 vs 2.
    Like you I always wanted to have a boy (although I came from a boy heavy family) and I know hubby would love a boy.
    I think it's normal to be hesitant prior to ttc and doesn't necessarily mean you aren't ready yet or shouldn't pursue it. It's a big decision to make!
    Good luck with whatever you decide - sending you blue dust too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats on the arrival of DD2. It will be interesting to see how your heart feels in a years time? Two years time?
    Am I right you are in Aust too?
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)

11. Likes boywish liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post

Congratulations on your current pregnancy, I hope after the initial shock of an oopsy you've found some happiness and excitement for your expanding family. Are you going team green or finding out the sex?
    It's a bit of a moot question now given #4 is on the way so close to DD3 but were you ever worried out the age gap between DD2 and #3? DH is keen to wait and if I knew #3 would be a boy I could delay a while but given the real chance of another girl I don't want her to feel like the third wheel as DD1 and 2 are quite close in age.
    As much as I'm panicking over the age gap of my DD with any possible sibling, I do want to say: I don't think a third DD OR DS would be a third wheel. At least not all the time. I think all 3 kid families inevitably have that dynamic at times, but it changes! I am very close to my sister 8 years younger than me, who is not at all close to my sister 5 years older than her (I am close with both). My husband isn't even remotely close to his Irish twin, but is much closer to his brother 3 years younger. It all comes down to personality!

13. Likes Bluebooties, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MiaMelb View Post

I am team green but i strongly feel given the odds that this will be another girl. I at this point have just accepted defeat and my fate. Whats destined will happen no matter how much i beat myself over it.

I was and still am petrified. Bring the planner that i am i had never in my wildest dreams imagined having 2 kids in diapers and drinking from bottles/sippy cups. I am thus actively working on potty training my 20 month old and have already taken her off bottles but i feel its unfair on her that all of a sudden mommy is now pushing her to be a "big girl"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As someone who soon will have a third girl, 4.5 years gap with her eldest sister – I hope that the bond will be there - as TP says, it all boils down to personality so try not to worry yourself sick about a certain age gap...I have a ½ sister, 3 years older than me and we have literally no bond/relationship (as we grew up we got along but now, she grates me so bad on the few times every few years I see her) . My 2 brothers, 3.5 and 8 years younger am very close to… you never know until they are there how their relationship will be and evolve
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024! luck has finally been on our side- expecting our 1st little boy October 2024!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast