Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone with Team Green Experience

Hi Ladies,

I am not pregnant yet. I won't be TTC till August, however, I'm thinking of going team green for my last and final baby. I wanted to hear all your thoughts on this as I found out at my 20 week scan with both my boys. Also, in your honest opinion if I get boy # 3 do you think it will be better to know about it at 20 week scan or if it will be better once the baby is here? I kind of think it will be easier once baby is here because at that point you are just to happy to have the baby in your arms that gender really truly does not matter, however like I said I have never done it before so I was just wondering your thoughts. Thanks.
    I am with (2010) and (2011)

Our prayers were answered. We are having a little (2014)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi

I went team green with my first and tbh I felt no different to when DS2 was born and I had found out the sex.

I will be finding out because otherwise I will be wondering through out the whole pregnancy and I do believe that even if you did go green you will still have the Gender disappointment even if just for a few minutes.

I will be finding out at my 20 week scan and if it is another boy then will have another scan so I can enjoy looking at my son because I know if I hear boy at the 20 week my insides will be feeling disappointed. God it sounds terrible actually writing down.

Although going green and getting the sex you wanted would be fab, however I don't want any white or yellow just pink
    Xxx
    Please have a go at guessing my nub http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-guess.html

My sensitive autistic aged 7 and my cheeky chappy aged 5

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't find out with any of my 3 boys. With DS3 though, GD was by far the worst and sadly it lasted a lot longer than a few minutes. I was a complete mess for the first 3 months, and burst into tears every time I saw a little girl and a baby girl was obviously the worst. I couldn't even bring myself to buy him anything new as was just too scared to go into a baby shop and see all of the pretty pink things. I was just so so sad for what I didn't have, especially as DH and I had decided 3 was it.

However, I don't enjoy being pregnant and am not quite sure how I would have coped for the last 20 weeks or so, if I had not had that glimmer of hope that he was pink (even though in my heart I knew he wasn't), so I still think not finding out was the right choice for me.

Two years on and I wouldn't change him for the world. FX you will get your DD but if you don't, 3 boys is great xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    in my opinion it depends on how much you want a daughter (and you need to be honest with yourself). If gd is even a possibility i would find out first, personally i never wanted to greet my babies with anything other than excitement to see them and by number 3 i really wanted a girl. Yes i had gd badly at 20 weeks but i did deal with it and by the time he arrived i was so excited to meet HIM. Team green does seem to work for some people though but i do think if gd is likely it will catch up with you at some point, even if its a few days/weeks down the line. I have also seen a couple of girls suffer with disappointment at birth and feel guilty for it later on as if you have a preference it is hard not to get your hopes up with even longer to think you may get lucky.

For me gd was worst with the third of all of my babies - this one included as for me it really made me face the fact that i may never get a daughter, yes i hit rock bottom but i made it out in one piece with one of the most special little men ever by my side - i went into this one knowing i was not going back there again and if this one was another boy that i would be fine as he would be just as special as his brothers.

I hope you get your dg but if not please know that although it can be a hard road to walk three of a kind is something very special and they do seem to make that third little boy extra sweet to compensate for it - i have heard many moms say that their third little person has an extra special hold over them and my third holds my heart in a way that no one else ever has done; it is hard but it will be ok x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so glad I found out with DS3. I was very sad for a few weeks, a little sad for a few month, an then beyond excited to meet him for the last few months. He had a name since a week or so after I knew, and by birth I had bonded to my little Robbie. Not "just a boy" but MY boy, MY son.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me finding out was the best thing especially with my 3rd son. As the others said, i had no gd at birth, dealt with in advance so his birth was about my son instead of not getting my longed for daughter. X
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a tough one aye. I have never had a surprise and really want to know what it feels like but then if it is a 4th boy I don't want to feel negative at the special time of his first few days. I really don't think I could make the descission until pregnant but reckon I would most likely find out because the not knowing would be eating me alive every day
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've just had my 4th boy and suffered terrible gd through pregnancy with him and ds3 but I can honestly say I dealt with it before birth and had absolutely none at birth even though a small part of me so hoped they'd got it wrong. I think being team green must be wonderful but I would hate the first moments, even weeks to be over shadowed by gd. We was told ds2 was a girl and I did suffer after the birth with him so I would never want to go there again but everyone is so different x
    2003 2005 2010
    Swayed so really hoping for a little

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't find out with DS 1 or 2 but I did not have any gender pref. with them (and in fact hoped for a boy with DS 1). I did find out with DS 3 and I'm really glad I did, because the whole time I just "had a feeling" that he was a she and I would have been really upset if I had found out differently. He was a difficult baby and I had some trouble bonding with him as it was and I"m really glad I was prepared. Now he's a really wonderful little boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are team green. I wanted a girl for DS1 but the minute he arrived I forgot all about that. I wanted a girl for DS2 but not that badly. I was slightly disappointed when my hubby announced it was a boy, but when I held him I was fine.

This one I am impatient to know because we swayed. Neither of us cares that much, but I feel more impatient this time wanting to know if the sway worked. I think I want a girl more this time, but we generally decline ultrasounds, so I doubt I will convince my hubby that we should find out before the birth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast