Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok I'll look for it. It sometimes takes me longer to do PM's than forum q's just because forum q's benefit everyone instead of one at a time.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I'll start a forum question I don't think it sent anyways

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is an old post but I'm freaking out! I am about 9 weeks pregnant right now... Tried to sway pink... my bloodwork from my 8 week appt cane back and they said my blood glucose a1c was a lil high and want me to drink that glucola drink at my 12 week appt! I thought I did good on my diet- didn't eat til after 1130 am, no red meat, some chicken for 2 months before and lots of cheese, strawberries & no fat Greek yogurt for a month before. Used equal in coffee and crystal light. Didn't eat pasta. And tried not to snack. How is it that my A1C went up!?!? Is this going to lower my odds of hearing pink? Any way the pregnancy itself is raising it this early!? It measures last 3 months... half of which o was pregnant for. Also, in that 3 months I lost 22 pounds! 10 of those pounds in the last month before getting pregnant. Im shocked & thinking the dr office is gonna call back and say they were kidding or mixed up the results!!!!! I have 3 boys and never had a problem with glucose! HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by ChrisM; January 24th, 2017 at 09:03 PM.

5. Thanks squigglepink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I pressed 'thanks' accidentally! Good luck with everything xx

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What your blood glucose level is now tells you nothing about your sway.

Yes absolutely your blood sugar can rise from pregnancy this soon. Pregnancy makes blood sugar go up.

I suspect it was just a fluke thing, you'll go in and do fine on the Glucola test and it was probably just something you'd eaten that hadn't left your system when they tested. They just want to be sure that nothing is wrong.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been sick (winter cold) so haven't been on that much. Just to clarify.... the A1C glucose test is a "snapshot of the last 3 months." It wasn't just testing that day I was pregnant for 6 of the weeks & on my diet for 6 of the weeks. To keep myself from getting too paranoid and depressed I keep telling myself maybe it's because my body isn't used to having a girl in there (even tho you say gender doesn't present til later in the trimester)

9. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We do not know that your levels mean anything. When we say "low blood sugar levels" we are not actually describing a number you can measure. Your body doesn't "like" having low blood sugar levels and immediately takes steps to raise them by burning off its stores. It is this whole process that we're talking about, not a number on a chart.

Everyone's body "knows" how to grow boys or girls. Remember, we were all pregnant once with our first baby regardless of their gender.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I know this is an old post but I'm freaking out! I am about 9 weeks pregnant right now... Tried to sway pink... my bloodwork from my 8 week appt cane back and they said my blood glucose a1c was a lil high and want me to drink that glucola drink at my 12 week appt! I thought I did good on my diet- didn't eat til after 1130 am, no red meat, some chicken for 2 months before and lots of cheese, strawberries & no fat Greek yogurt for a month before. Used equal in coffee and crystal light. Didn't eat pasta. And tried not to snack. How is it that my A1C went up!?!? Is this going to lower my odds of hearing pink? Any way the pregnancy itself is raising it this early!? It measures last 3 months... half of which o was pregnant for. Also, in that 3 months I lost 22 pounds! 10 of those pounds in the last month before getting pregnant. Im shocked & thinking the dr office is gonna call back and say they were kidding or mixed up the results!!!!! I have 3 boys and never had a problem with glucose! HELP PLEASE
    Glucose in pregnancy, as I've learned, often has nothing to do with us. It's all the placenta! Unless you have Type 1 or 2, the placenta is your new mistress of glucose lol.

That said, I had a GD diagnosis that even my midwife agreed was erroneous -- I, nor my DD, ever had a single symptom outside of a few points over the 1 hour test (which had only changed to a lower norm the few months before I did it!). I learned from the doctor on staff, however, that certain "metabolic derangement" (eesh... actual phrase she used) can both trigger a false positive for GD and also actually contribute a bit to GD. The LE diet isn't the "derangement" I experienced (history of anorexia with a relapse before I conceived my DD), but it's a diet more in line with it than say the HE.

So, all that said -- I have a thread on here somewhere when I was dealing with all of this. I had a girl!! Definitely don't think any of this means you're having a boy.
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; February 7th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and one of the worst glucose tests I ever had was when I had been pregnant with twins but one did not survive. I had 2 placentas, one baby, and then I was actually kind of out of it when I was taking the 3 hr. glucose test (I always flunk the first one for some reason). They told me to prepare for failing the test but then I passed. I also gained tons of weight with that pregnancy. The two placentas!

14. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    and one of the worst glucose tests I ever had was when I had been pregnant with twins but one did not survive. I had 2 placentas, one baby, and then I was actually kind of out of it when I was taking the 3 hr. glucose test (I always flunk the first one for some reason). They told me to prepare for failing the test but then I passed. I also gained tons of weight with that pregnancy. The two placentas!
    Something like 67% of women fail the 1 hour! Oh, the rants I could go on about the GD test...

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast