Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We did team green for our first two (boys). This time, because we swayed and because our boys are really, really hoping for a sister, we are going to find out. I don't want our kids having drama in the delivery room if it's a boy. I want them to have time to get ready (and excited). DH and I are wanting to know because we worked hard (well, mostly I did) to sway... We also have no baby stuff left, so I'd love to buy gender specific for my (probably)last baby...

Either way you will love your baby... There may be some disappointment but you are an adult and can deal with it...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did find out at 20 weeks and even though I was sad we were not having a boy I started go get her nursery ready and enjoyed the rest of my pregnancy and fell in love with her when she was born. I think if I waited and found out when she was born I may have been upset. I'm glad I did find out and I was in a better state at birth. Also my girls kept saying they wanted a brother and we told them they were having a sister. Although they were a little dissapointed they got used to it and they were so excited when their sister was born they told all the mums at school with excitment!!
    DW 38
    DH 37

Cycle # 1 HRC Dr Potter 8th March 2014
    7 retrieved, 3 Mature, 2 Fertilised, 1 abnormal XY XB BB -10,-16,
    1 Normal XY HB AA BFP!
    First BETA 135 26/3/14 11dp6dt, Second BETA 859 31/3/14 16dp6dt
    Third BETA 10106 14/4/14
    NO HEARTBEAT! 22/4/14, D&C 23/4/14

Cycle # 2 HRC Dr Potter ER OCT 2014
    Stimmed an extra 2 days so ER was 31st Oct Halloween
    19 retrieved & 14 mature & all 14 fertilised
    7 to day 5 testing, 3 abnormal xy's
    1 normal xy HB AA Transferred 6/11/14
    3 normal xx
    First BETA HCG 400 E2 1389 P4 17, 17th Nov 10dp6dt
    Second BETA HCG 1022 E2 3246 P4 88.3 19th Nov 12dp6dt
    Third BETA HCG 15513 E2 3803 P4 78.4 27th Nov 20dp6dt

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, im too impatientvas well, that why weve always found out.

I think im the kind of person who would feel a pang of disappointment in the delivery room, even though i would love her with all my heart, and i dont want that to happen. So i think we will find out.

Thanks for the help ladies - just got to get pregnant now lol!

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!!!
    I think you're making the right decision!!!
    And I won't end this with XO...I'll end it with XY!! LOL....Hoping you get your little blue bundle!!!
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When we have our next child, I'm not gonna find out. Finding out I was having ds3 definitely tainted my pregnancy. But when he was born, I was 100% in love. If we get handed a girl for out next it would be the icing on the cake after giving birth, but I know now that if I had a boy with 2 heads and 5 willies I would still worship him. I think its down to the person - not everyone operates in the same way
    ds1 2008 and ds2 2010
    ds3 2012

with and due in August!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All 3 of my previous pregnancies we have had "surprises" and this one ( now overdue) is no different - i am the sort of person that once i hold that baby in my arms gender wont matter but if i knew before hand and it wasnt what i wanted to hear i think with pregnancy hormones etc i may become a little depressed and start to really suffer GD - the not knowing isnt easier and the way ive come to terms with it is to convince myself its the gender we were not swaying for, pick names, and generally bond with it as if its another boy - that way if we get a girl it will be a massive shock and blessing but if we dont we are mentally prepared...if that makes any sense
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not even pregnant yet either and I think about this too. I would love to know what it is like to have a surprise since I found out with all my boys and the next will be our last but then the issue of possible GD at the birth comes up. If I have the patience not to find out I would like for no one to tell me the gender of my baby when it is born so I can look into his or her face and get to know/love my baby as 'my baby' before I look to find out the gender myself. I'd love to hear from people who have done this.
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I regret not finding out with my last pregnancy because I allowed myself to believe it was a girl and when he was born I went a bit manic trying to hide my disappointment from everyone and the shock was hard. It took me longer to bond with him then it did my second son whom I knew was a boy from 15 weeks and although I was depressed during pregnancy at least when he was born the sad feelings were all gone and I could bond straight away. Such a personal decision hard to say.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1+2+ boys, i was wondering if this was possible too, id love to know if anyone managed it.

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found out as early as possible!

The way I see it - at birth you are already so overwhelmed, having gone through labour, meeting your baby for the first time, establishing feeding, trying to recover from the birth, getting thrown into sleepless nights again. The announcements are also packed full of info - the birth date and time, babys name, weight, how long labour was, first photos etc etc. I think the gender is totally lost in all the other info, and you don't really have time to properly celebrate it, let alone anyone else!

At 16 or 20 weeks the gender is much more exciting than it is thrown alongside everything else at birth, you can announce it on its own, really celebrate it. It kind of happens at a nice mid point too, you announce your pregnancy, announce the gender, then announce the birth & name.

You can do gender specific clothes shopping (sorry but gender neutral clothes are almost never as nice or as fun), decorate the nursery, really narrow down to a name, and properly think of baby as a real person, your new daughter or son instead of just "it" or "bump" or "the baby", if that makes sense.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast