Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not finding out the gender?

Im interested in peoples theories on this, as i have always been dying to find out the gender and 20 weeks was always too long lol.

BUT this is our last baby, and we would really like a boy, and i am torn about finding out the gender (not even pg yet!!)

If we find out the gender, and its a girl, i think ill be less excited about the rest of the pregnancy than i probably should be, but at least we will know and be ready for it.

If we dont find out i worry that i might be idolising the idea of a boy and be really disappointed if it is a girl.

What did you do and do you wish youd done the opposite?

Xxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can let you know in February...lol.

I think it depends on you...
    Like are you the type of person that needs to "prepare" yourself?? Or do you think looking into that sweet baby's face will erase any sort of "disappointment" you might've felt anyway??
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We said we weren't finding out and we've already had our 20 week scan and made sure not to watch incase we saw any clues. I was just talking to DH last night and can't tell if my desire to not find out is based on A: Wanting to experience the surprise as it's our last baby, not have to deal with annoying boy comments if it's DS3 or B: Because I'm too scared to know either way and want to prolong the inevitable (I'm banking on another boy!) as long as possible. I have no idea how I'll feel or if we'll cave and find out. From previous experiences finding out the gender in an ultrasound was devastating and I cried for weeks after. I definitely don't want to go through that again! I guess I'll know in December, but here's hoping it goes over okay and I don't get PPD or something!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if there is any part of you that could even possibly be upset at birth because of the gender than you should find out... I don't think it's fair to the baby for its birthday to be a sad day...
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deleted
    Last edited by Waiting4Daisy; August 1st, 2021 at 11:19 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. Its really causing me issues lol, each way has serious negatives to it, but after reading the replies, i think we will find out, if rather have the pregnancy be less exciting than the birth if im honest. I am okay with the thought of having a girl again, and id rather have the "oh well, no boys for us!" thoughts in the scan than it being my reaction when i hear the sex when baby is born.

Although we shall see, i also like the prolonging the inevitable idea, so i might have a last minute wobble before we go in.

Having said that, i am hoping to get some good nub shots at 12 weeks so i have a fair idea anyway!!

Xxxx
    2009 2012 due Apr 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me it was really important to know the gender going in. I did not want to have disappointment in the delivery room and be having to deal with conflicting emotions when I was going to be needing to be at my strongest dealing with my recovery and a newborn. But I never found out with my first two and I really enjoyed that surprise (I did not have GD with them tho)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it will make your pregnancy worse... I think it makes it more exciting ... As you get to go shopping and such... Even tho I've heard boy four times now I've always been very excited to meet my little man... Now that this guys my last I have pretty well forgotten about that urge for a little lady... I'm crossing my fingers for a granddaughter lol
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was team yellow for our first (we'd previously had a MC, I hoped for a girl but really didn't mind that much) and loved being team yellow

we found out after our sway that we had DS2 and although I got used to the idea and bonded I found it quite deflating as it felt like we'd opened our Christmas presents early

next time we'll be swaying again and I really want to be team yellow again next time

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea of waiting but there's no way I could do it. I'm way too impatient!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast