Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by medicrunner View Post
    So does a man being older effect swaying?? Also, Ive read through this article and it just makes me bang my head against a wall even harder. I AM that BOY mom, the whole thing is ME to a T. Yet I have three girls. Don't understand.....
    I have an aunt who is exactly the Martha type yet she has two of both, (there is always a chance) the only difference for her was lifestyle. When she had her girls(they were both surprises) she and her husband had a lot of money problems and she was working full time and I know for a sure she wasn't eating much, definitely no breakfast and always had light luch at work and the only real meal she would've was dinner.
    When she had her sons they were both planned and it was when things got better financially, so lots of healthy eating and she wasn't working anymore.
    When I tell her the things that I read here she believes me. I'm too the Martha type and the reason I believe I have 2 DS has more to do with lifestyle (and of course eating habits) than my personality.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by flowerlily; March 27th, 2014 at 06:30 AM.
    #1 6 #2 4 #3 1.5
    with #4 / it's a

2. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that's the reason not one thing sways! and indeed there is always a chance.
    it's like everything gives you 20% to sway one way or another. that's what I believe. I think excercise (or life style) and Diet are the biggest swayers. but then again diet and metabolism works together (metabolism is not something you can always control) so that's also something genetic wich sways. wich you can prolly try to influence with fiber or something.

so that's why it's the complete package. and this may sway a bit cause of T lvl's. but I also believe that when I'm getting in my "martha" eppisodes.. I'm stressed.. and fall back in to wrong habbits wich sways the other way..
    I feel like setting myself up for failure.. wich happens then too.. cause I feel weak and that it's stronger then me... Now i've read this again.. I'm gonna try again! get back on track..

relaxing helps with the sway. specially with keeping myself on track.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Motherofboys....that's me too!! Except for the lists!! But I do worry over the exact things you do and always think the worst and always blame myself! I also don't think I "deserve" a girl cause I'm not a good enough mum, wife, daughter!! And after reading all about this theory, I am thinking the worst and going well no wonder I have six boys and that I'll never have a chance of having a girl and it's all my fault!! 😕

I'm trying to lighten up but it's also hard when the whole family are used to me doing everything and controlling everything and so if I don't nothing gets done and decisions don't get made. 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes everything is down to me to decide on so it doesn't help.
    I know where your coming from, after all the info I have read on this site I see that everything in my lifestyle, diet and personality all point to boy. But I feel like if I was a better wife and mother I'd get that daughter, or that the mother daughter relationships in my family are so disastrous I would completely mess it up so really shouldn't be a girl mum. It's hard knowing that I need to relax about it but end up stressing over relaxing. I even dreamed of swaying last night, not the getting a girl, but the actual tactics I could use. Obsessing much? Lol
    Did you sway in the past? I only discovered this site around my 12 week ultrasound with ds4 so haven't tried anything before. I think once I've got my plan set, and we do start ttc, I will have to step back from the boards for a little while then come back after my bfp.

Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No we have never swayed before now. We were actually thinking about it (reading the shettles book) when we fell pregnant with the twins! I said that's what we got for even thinking about it! Lol!!

Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by medicrunner View Post
    So does a man being older effect swaying?? Also, Ive read through this article and it just makes me bang my head against a wall even harder. I AM that BOY mom, the whole thing is ME to a T. Yet I have three girls. Don't understand.....
    Yes, we believe that older men father more daughters.

What you have to understand about Mary-Martha stuff is that there are OTHER things that affect swaying as well. We get signals from the environment about what gender has the best shot of survival to adulthood to pass down the genes and so it's tough when you look at one thing in isolation and say, well gee whiz that really doesn't apply to me. But there are a zillion other things that are coming into play - diet, exercise, muscle mass, and a bunch of stuff that isn't obvious and may date back to things that happened when you were a kid or even in your mother's womb.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes sunnygirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by motherofboys View Post
    Oh yes everything is down to me to decide on so it doesn't help.
    I know where your coming from, after all the info I have read on this site I see that everything in my lifestyle, diet and personality all point to boy. But I feel like if I was a better wife and mother I'd get that daughter, or that the mother daughter relationships in my family are so disastrous I would completely mess it up so really shouldn't be a girl mum. It's hard knowing that I need to relax about it but end up stressing over relaxing. I even dreamed of swaying last night, not the getting a girl, but the actual tactics I could use. Obsessing much? Lol
    Did you sway in the past? I only discovered this site around my 12 week ultrasound with ds4 so haven't tried anything before. I think once I've got my plan set, and we do start ttc, I will have to step back from the boards for a little while then come back after my bfp.

This just isn't the case and I know several women who have girls and want boys because they have poor relationships with their mothers and are scared of mother-daughter stuff.

No one is getting boys or girls because they "don't deserve them" or any such thing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Logically I know that can't be the case, but it doesn't stop those thoughts from creeping into my mind.

Feb 2006 Oct 2007 March 2010 Oct 2013

Hoping the future holds a for us......

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This all makes total sense! Explains my personality and 2 boys and why I cannot let go of not getting what I wanted...a girl. This pushes me towards GS with IVF as I don't know that I can let go enough to influence a sway for a girl. Can I change who I am? My two boys have helped me loosen up a bit for sure, but enough? Who knows. And if all of this is true, what will happen if I choose GS with IVF, get the daughter I always wanted only to realize I am not "Mary" enough to raise her right. What if the Martha types are best suited to raise men? Should I mess with my own fate?

2 baby boys blessed Hoping for a little girl to complete our family
    Angel baby Decemeber 23confirmedand pregnant again nowPlease, please be my little girl!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Maternal Dominance Hypothesis and Priviledged Daughter Hypothesis

I know atomic advised against taking that test, but I couldn't resist. I scored 15% boy 85% girl. Funnily enough, my answers were completely different to how they would have been back when my boys were conceived. Back then I was very confident. I believed I could do anything I put my mind to. But not achieving the very thing I wanted to achieve, i.e. conceive a girl, completely knocked he wind out of my sails. I would be interested to see how I scored back in my confident days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fiveboysandagirl; March 30th, 2014 at 06:50 PM.
    5 bouncing boys!
    2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011

FSH 14.8 - AMH 0.72 (low ovarian reserve)
    Genesis Cyprus - 1 healthy transferred 13/07/2012 BFN

Swayed pink unsuccessfully 2012-2013. Stopped vitex and other supps in Jan 2014, abandoned TTC, then fell pregnant! Me and DH both 40.
    Blog http://asisterformysons.tumblr.com/

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast