Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've recently seen a trend in a lot of girls having what their mother did - in the same order too. At first I thought it was coincidence, but now I'm seeing a lot of people have that.. wonder if there's anything to it.. or it's all just a fluke?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just a fluke, I haven't seen that happening. Not true for me anyway or anyone in my family.

I would say the trends I've seen have been when there are three daughters and two of them (one is usually the oldest) have all boys and then the other (the one who is a bit of a neer do well) has all girls, and then when there is a brother and sister and the brother is a little bit of a screwup and then the sister has all boys. I do think there can be something in your family makeup that can make you more Mary/Martha and I will go into that in another essay.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs magoo View Post
    my grandmother is a matriach/control freak/anxious if things dont go to her plan/ type A and she had 3 daughters. exception i guess.

i do see a lot of people including myself fit your theories here though.
    There are physical/dietary reasons why people can have boys/girls too and the dad also brings something to the table. These are just general trends we are looking at. Also, it can be a little bit problematic to look at a woman we know later in life and know anything about where she was when she conceived her kids - I think most women change a lot between their younger days and their "matriarch" years.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's just a fluke, I haven't seen that happening. Not true for me anyway or anyone in my family.

I would say the trends I've seen have been when there are three daughters and two of them (one is usually the oldest) have all boys and then the other (the one who is a bit of a neer do well) has all girls, and then when there is a brother and sister and the brother is a little bit of a screwup and then the sister has all boys. I do think there can be something in your family makeup that can make you more Mary/Martha and I will go into that in another essay.
    Wow, that is so true for us! We are 3 sisters, I have 2 boys, sister in the middle has 2 girls and youngest has a boy (she has PCOS)! I did not understand "the one who is a bit of a neer do well" ???
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A "neer do well" is the one in the family who is sometimes a little more prone to causing dramatic situations than the others. It means "never do well", a bit of a troublemaker who doesn't live up to their obligations in the family (and I hope no one is offended by this, it's just what I have seen personally and 98% of my observations are coming from the sisters who had all boys so I may be getting skewed data. )

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A "neer do well" is the one in the family who is sometimes a little more prone to causing dramatic situations than the others. It means "never do well", a bit of a troublemaker who doesn't live up to their obligations in the family (and I hope no one is offended by this, it's just what I have seen personally and 98% of my observations are coming from the sisters who had all boys so I may be getting skewed data. )
    Actually that part does not fit, bcz she is the most dutyful and intelligent of us all. Unfortunately she has had a lot of marital problems, and bcz of that been worried, depressed, skinny and not gained any weight after marriage
    I am the troublemaker LOL, not entirely true...but maybe a little...
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there are so many possible combinations of diet/lifestyle/personality that we really can't construct a rule that will apply to every person, every time! I can totally see how a very dutiful and responsible person would find themselves in that situation.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mhmm, interesting! I assumed it couldn't be anything "genetic" just noticed it recently but it's easily coincidence!

Thinking of the skinny moms thing and boys, I wonder if swaying has better results with people who have a bit of weight to lose. I had zero weight to lose and the moment I lost even 1-2lbs my ovulation went wacky so my body is used to ovulating at a really low BMI. Since I feel like my body is already used to ovulating in a semi-declined state (I eat pretty LE with lots of empty carbs, minimal veggies etc., don't take vitamins etc.) I wonder if swaying would have the same effect on me as someone who could lose 5-10lbs. Anyways, I don't even know why it matters since I am totally sure we are done so I won't be able to sway again but it's all so interesting I just still think about things for fun

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I somewhat hesitate to answer this cause I worry it will make people freak out, but yes I do think swaying via diet may be ~somewhat~ more successful for people who have some weight to lose. But I don't know WHY that is - I'm not convinced that it's necessarily weight loss. It may be that they can be on diet longer. Or that they were able to sway more strictly because they didn't have to drop a bunch of stuff because they were losing too much weight. or it may be something else entirely along the lines of, if you had boys at a low weight, you may be more of a Jeannie/Martha to start OUT with regardless of diet. Remember, the lady who can have a boy (due to cues of social dominance rather than food intake) when the rest of the tribe is in a famine, will have her genes be much more likely to survive than others.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I somewhat hesitate to answer this cause I worry it will make people freak out, but yes I do think swaying via diet may be ~somewhat~ more successful for people who have some weight to lose. But I don't know WHY that is - I'm not convinced that it's necessarily weight loss. It may be that they can be on diet longer. Or that they were able to sway more strictly because they didn't have to drop a bunch of stuff because they were losing too much weight. or it may be something else entirely along the lines of, if you had boys at a low weight, you may be more of a Jeannie/Martha to start OUT with regardless of diet. Remember, the lady who can have a boy (due to cues of social dominance rather than food intake) when the rest of the tribe is in a famine, will have her genes be much more likely to survive than others.
    Interesting! I think if you have some weight to lose, even if it's only 5lbs but your cycles all stay normal then that's a huge benefit. I always wondered if I were to have just stuck to 1800 calories of really bland LE food and not lost weight to keep cycles normal if it would even make my body sense any sort of health decline since I'm already at a very low BMI. I definitely remember wishing I had more weight and room to play with as far as the diet and extreme exercise goes, but I really felt limited because losing anything made O mess up.

I definitely must be more 'martha' lol!

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast