Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do Symptoms really have NOTHING to do with Gender?

you go on these websites, IG, this one, Babycentre..., there are so many women telling us pregnancies are completely different for their boys vs girls.

Different hair growth, morning sickness, diarreah, headaches, cravings, hot and cold feet or hands.

I am one of these really unlucky women with hardly any differences this pregnancy to my last three boys.

I cope very well with pregnancy it seems anyway, I've never been sick, no real cravings, just tiredness, my boobs dont grow (unfortunately)! they are tiny!!! my leg and arm hairs grow a little faster (are this time too). how couls this possibly be a daughter when girls and boys are a completely different species of human being!!! and i feel no different to carrying my boys.

Admittidely I am only 12 weeks and a few days, but I have this friend, who is driving me crazy, saying because she fell whilst she was on birth control, and is suffering really bad hypermensis with terrible headaches, cravings for chocolate and meat, getting an upset tummy and having no hair growth on her legs, that she's undoubtedly carrying a girl. (she is only 8 weeks). but all these symptoms are the complete opposite to her boy pregnancy

I cant help but feel a little jealous, I dont even know what she'll have yet! not that it makes a real difference to my life and my babies, but all my hope is lost as I have another Identical pregnancy.

There must be some truth to the gender symptoms musnt there? given that it takes a little more testosterone to make a boy Vs less for a girl? xxxxx
    Last edited by pinkplspls; September 16th, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's like the heartbeat old wives tale. For every person that says their pregnancy is different, there's another that says it's the same. Don't drive yourself crazy!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has absolutley nothing to do with gender! My ds4 debunked every one of those "girl symptoms"
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has nothing to do, don't even waste your time thinking about it (I know it's not easy, I've been there too). For me, three pregnancies, different symptoms every time, and with the same result: boy.
    Mom to &
    with boy #3, trying to accept the fact I'll never have a daughter
    English is not my language

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMom View Post
    It has nothing to do, don't even waste your time thinking about it (I know it's not easy, I've been there too). For me, three pregnancies, different symptoms every time, and with the same result: boy.
    Exactly the same here too! By OWT this little one should be a girl, even down to a fast heart rate let alone pg symptoms. Please don't beat yourself up with worrying. Hugs x x

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm driving myself crazy!!! its awful, worst thing i keep reading is women who carry girls getting bigger boobs early on, it seems to be 80/20 how often that rings true!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no no, this is the first time I had my bubs bigger very early in the pregnancy, and as you can see, has nothing to do (for me at least), i got another boy...
    Mom to &

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And I had all the "girls cravings" too, I don't believe in owt anymore, I drove myself crazy with all that stuff this time and I wish I didn't ...
    Mom to &

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL THE GENDER OF YOUR BABY FROM YOUR PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS. Seriously. I have been thru hundreds of pg with various women all stressing over omg I craved mustard it's a boy LOL and there is NOTHING to it.

There is a TINY % difference between the number of women pg with girls who have hyperemesis vs. boys. I think it's like less than 3% (sorry I have no time to go looking this am but the studies are online) Every person I know who has hyperemesis has all boys.

A baby is a MINISCULE ball of cells at 8-12 weeks. The reproductive organs do not even begin to form until 8 weeks HowStuffWorks "Development of Sex Organs" and until that point there is no difference in testosterone levels because it's the repro organs that make that stuff.

Your friend very well may be pg with a girl but it has nothing to do with her pg symptoms. THere are gals on here that had same genders with diff. pg, diff. genders with similar ones, and everything in between. My girl pregnancy was the most similar to my 2nd son.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkplspls View Post
    i'm driving myself crazy!!! its awful, worst thing i keep reading is women who carry girls getting bigger boobs early on, it seems to be 80/20 how often that rings true!!!
    Step away from the computer, take your children to the park. You're making yourself unhappy for nothing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast