Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

2ww Diet...Why is it so important?

Is sticking to the sway diet during the 2ww important b/c if you don't conceive, you're still on the diet to sway for the next round or does it have something to do w/swaying for the gender after you O? Sorry if this question is really stupid...I guess I'm just a bit uninformed on how things work and why sticking to the diet is so important during this time frame. I'm finding myself in the 2ww right now for the 1st time and I'm definitely sticking to my diet but I was just curious as to what makes it a must. TIA, ladies.
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because XX fertilized eggs seem to develop best in a lower glucose environment (and they have been proven to suck up more glucose from their environment) and XY fertilized eggs seem to develop best in a medium glucose environment and are less efficient at sucking up glucose from their environment (no one likes very high glucose environment and your body takes steps to keep your blood glucose levels from getting too high.) Glucose is present in your CM and has been theorized to be one mechanism for gender swaying.

Of all the theories about swaying, this one has the firmest scientific footing because researchers have actually witnessed the XX and XY sucking up different amounts of glucose.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GREAT INFO, Atomic! So it has nothing to do w/the gender outcome but instead fostering the best development for what you hopefully have growing in there, right? But then what happens if I'm dieting for an XX but an XY has fertilized the egg (or vice-versa)? Would this be really bad? This is really interesting!
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 3dpo and am eating nutritious foods in the case I am pregnant, I was to keep my sugars level like atomic said

I am not worried about the salt and potassium, though.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww...Got my FX for you, TTC5!

I'm still wondering if eating an XX diet while an actual XY is forming in there would be bad for the XY (or vice-versa)? I'll still stick to my XX diet for now.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of the Blue View Post
    GREAT INFO, Atomic! So it has nothing to do w/the gender outcome but instead fostering the best development for what you hopefully have growing in there, right? But then what happens if I'm dieting for an XX but an XY has fertilized the egg (or vice-versa)? Would this be really bad? This is really interesting!
    It's very likely that MOST babies of either gender can develop perfectly well in a wide array of environments, we're just trying to optimize the odds, because it does no good to conceive a baby of a particular gender if you lose it. There seems to be a disproportionate number of chemical pregnancies amongst pink swayers and I ~personally~ believe the blood glucose factor may have something to do with it. (For the record, Tamara does not believe there is a disproportionate number of CP among pink swayers but it has sure been true in my experience.)

Just know that this is NOT about making you miscarry a baby of an opposite gender AT ALL and I would never be part of such a thing. If swaying works, and I believe that it does, you are raising your odds of conceiving a baby of a certain gender and it just makes sense to me to keep the environment favorable towards a baby of that gender.

Veering off into speculation-land for a sec...I ~personally~ believe that since this mechanism is in place (XX and XY sucking up different amounts of glucose), another mechanism would also have evolved/been designed by God that would increase your odds of conceiving a baby of the gender with the best shot at survival. So if your blood glucose levels are more XX-friendly to begin with, SOMETHING is going to make you more likely to conceive a baby girl and vice versa. That's why I like people to at least try to stick to the blood glucose stuff for 6 weeks before TTC.

I actually have a study that backs this idea up and it's posted on here somewhere but I have a kajillion

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    I am 3dpo and am eating nutritious foods in the case I am pregnant, I was to keep my sugars level like atomic said

I am not worried about the salt and potassium, though.
    I think it's best to ease off the salt/eat some salt during the 2WW!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So if I am going for a girl... I know I have low blood sugar because of the very low sugar diet and I have a glucose meter. I have to keep my glucose low for 6wks after conceiveing??? Or do I raise my glucose levels a little after conceiving?
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    So if I am going for a girl... I know I have low blood sugar because of the very low sugar diet and I have a glucose meter. I have to keep my glucose low for 6wks after conceiveing??? Or do I raise my glucose levels a little after conceiving?
    No, only during the 2WW. Once the babe is implanted it gets its nutrition from the yolk sac which develops during the 2WW, and then later the placenta.

The 6 weeks I'm referring to is the 6 week period BEFORE your attempt during which time you follow one of the TTC diets.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's very likely that MOST babies of either gender can develop perfectly well in a wide array of environments, we're just trying to optimize the odds, because it does no good to conceive a baby of a particular gender if you lose it. There seems to be a disproportionate number of chemical pregnancies amongst pink swayers and I ~personally~ believe the blood glucose factor may have something to do with it. (For the record, Tamara does not believe there is a disproportionate number of CP among pink swayers but it has sure been true in my experience.)

Just know that this is NOT about making you miscarry a baby of an opposite gender AT ALL and I would never be part of such a thing. If swaying works, and I believe that it does, you are raising your odds of conceiving a baby of a certain gender and it just makes sense to me to keep the environment favorable towards a baby of that gender.

Veering off into speculation-land for a sec...I ~personally~ believe that since this mechanism is in place (XX and XY sucking up different amounts of glucose), another mechanism would also have evolved/been designed by God that would increase your odds of conceiving a baby of the gender with the best shot at survival. So if your blood glucose levels are more XX-friendly to begin with, SOMETHING is going to make you more likely to conceive a baby girl and vice versa. That's why I like people to at least try to stick to the blood glucose stuff for 6 weeks before TTC.

I actually have a study that backs this idea up and it's posted on here somewhere but I have a kajillion
    The emerging science behind swaying is so facinating! I love learning this stuff! Thx for responding, Atomic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast