IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation A warning when using Clomid for "swaying purposes"

You should never use clomid without being monitored by your doctor. Ever. There is a new article out today talking about the higher order multiple birth rate and how non-ivf infertility treatments(i.e using clomid and DTD or IUI's) are now mostly responsible.

Here is a bit of the article-

The new study also suggests that non-IVF fertility treatments deserve greater attention, as they now contribute to a greater proportion of multiple births than IVF does. The percentage of triplet and higher-order births resulting from non-IVF treatments increased from 36 percent in 1998 to 45 percent in 2011, the study found.

"When people hear 'multiple,' they intuitively point at IVF," Adashi said. The study found "IVF is an actor," he said, but "not the leading culprit when it comes to the genesis of multiples."

But unlike multiple births from IVF, which result from the number of embryos that are intentionally implanted, multiple births from non-IVF fertility treatments are difficult to prevent, Adashi said. That's because non-IVF treatments, including oral and injectable drugs, stimulate ovulation in ways that cannot be precisely controlled, Adashi said.

Please don't take clomid without supervision. You may think twins are really cute, etc. but there are huge risks associated with multiples and if you end up with 3,4,5 babies which is possible, you are facing issues like death or severe impairment of one or more of your children.

Fertile women on clomid is a recipe for disaster. In HT, many women find out they have policystic ovaries when they do pretesting even though they have shown NO outward signs and have had no fertility issues. If that person were to take clomid, they could easily end up in a Jon and Kate plus 8 situation. 6 babies at once is never cute.
    Last edited by nuthinbutpink; December 5th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you got a link to the full article nuthinbutpink? Would be interested to read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sister in law had her triplets using clomid. I would definately reconsider using clomid if u don't have fertility issues. (She tried for 6 months only and was prescribed it)
    Mummy to 2 wonderful little boys

Cycle #1 HRC- Aug 2013- Long lupron. 11 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fertilised. 8 biopsied day 5 acgh/day 6 fresh transfer. 5 normals- 4 XX, 1 XY- transferred grade A, fully hatched XX. BFP 4 dpt. 1st beta 9dpt 199, 2nd beta 14dpt dropped 46, 3rd beta 24- CHEMICAL!!!

Cycle # 2- FET- Dec 2013- cancelled due to late ovulation

Cycle #3- FET- Jan 2013-transferred 1 fully hatched grade AA blast- BFP 4dpt, 1st beta 9dpt 678, 2nd beta 12dpt 3195, 3rd beta 25dpt 56,000- 1 HB seen at 6 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks!!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that article last night and found it very interesting. I also read this article. Fertility Doctors Aim To Lower Rate Of Twin Births

Octomom is an example for all and her doctor. The doc put all those embryos in her and she got pregnant. I think that is being careless. IMO