Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

weight loss help :(?

Well ladies I will be ttc next month after a crap attempt or 4 at diet if I am totally honest..I have been on and off it for the last few months and I just can't stick to it..its stressing me out and of course I am a comfort food eater when stressed I guess thats why I am overweight I am constantly stressed.

The only thing I have done successfully is cut out red meat totally. I have had fish once or twice and chicken a couple of times but have been off red meat for a few months now. My cm seems to be no different and the weights just not coming off.. I am overweight so there is no reason for it not to be.

For the last few days I have been skipping dinner as well because the weights not coming off and breaky too but still I gained??? WTF. As to why the only thing I can think of is I am eating basically carbs.

Pre diet I never ate until dinner time ( I just never get hungry until night when I can relax) Just have coffee here and there then eat dinner (way to much) with maybe a naughty snack of chocky after tea. But generally meat a potato and 3 veg at tea time.. then bread if I am still hungry. SO I know I am eating too much in the one sitting I do have.. but way under cals for the day!

Previous diets I have never lost weight at 1500 cals it wouldn't budge until I dropped to 1200 with no carbs then became successful and I lost approx 1kg a week.

Any way I am struggling with this diet and need tips.... see I always fill up on carbs really have a very low nutrition diet to start with so I don't think that replacing my bread/pasta with salads and fruits I would be getting more nutrients.

Im confused at where to go from here but ttc is 4 weeks out and there might be something I can do to get some of this fat arse off lol!

I was thinking of starting the yogurt diet where instead of meal replacement shakes its replaced with a yogurt do you think that would add too many nutrients more than bread and butter my usual?

Or I loved boiled veggies with no salt I never eat salt at all I hate the taste. I am a really picky eater :/ so do you think a boiled cabbage and limited other veggie soup would be ok to replace my carb habits?

I am stuck in the not losing any weight rutt... I am sure its the carbs ???
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following... Thank you for posting this b/c I seem to really be struggling with this as well. I was actually going to post to Atomic about this in my personal sway at the end of this week if I still hadn't seen much of a change. I struggle taking weight off. Most people eating as low caloric intake as me would be dropping weight super fast but for me, it's like my body just is totally fine functioning at such a low intake. :/ When the sways say to consume 1200 to 1500 or even up to 1800 I was like wow, that's probably more than I'm accustomed to eating even regularly. I skip breakfast every day (always have), I've hardly eaten any meat at all and esp no red meat... just like you. Lots of fruits and veggies, limited fats, limited dairy... limited everything. I have lost a few pounds, about 7 or 8 over the past few weeks, but that's all. :/ Not nearly the "dropping" like it seems the sway should or would for most people. And the past few days it's just been hovering at one same weight. It's really discouraging.

@Atomic, hoping your words of wisdom can help us out. My first attempt is fast approaching for this next month and I'm afraid I'm not losing weight fast enough or enough at all. Esp considering the suggested BMI.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it possible neither of you is eating ENOUGH calories? I know for me personally if I try to limit my cals too much I simply get cold and tired and don't lose a pound, all signs of a slowed metabolism. Make sure you are getting 1500cals every day for a week and see how you do.

Exercise will help, too. It's impossible to be dieting AND exercising and not lose weight. Even just walking for 30 minutes a day will rev your metabolism.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump - Atomic do you have additional information on this? Thanks in advance.