Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to move up ovulation?

So, since I have been paying attention to my cycles (starting around 10 years ago), I have always ovulated late -- usually no earlier than day 24, and on average I'd say day 26. Pretty much always been days 24 and 29. It is frustrating as all heck when I am TTC as I have to wait soooo long for my next opportunity to try after one cycle fails. I am looking for ways I can move my ovulation up closer to where it should be, day 14 or thereabouts. Even day 20 would be a big improvement. I am thinking herbs -- I don't want to use Clomid because I did once and really over-responded with about 10 good follicles and major ovulation pain even on the lowest dose, and I'm terrified of multiples! I don't think having delayed ovulation sways either way for me, really -- I have two boys and one girl, all conceived after ovulating late, around day 24.

I do know that I have high testosterone. I have issues with excessive hair where there shouldn't be, and a few years back I had my levels tested and it was like 84 - which is on the very, very high end for a female. (Probably why I need to sway to get a DD, lol!) I do not think I have PCOS, however, as this was ruled out by an RE years back. I am thin and have no issue with insulin resistance -- in fact, I tend toward being hypoglycemic with a normal fasting glucose level of around 60. Even non-fasting, after a super sugary drink like in the pregnancy diabetes testing, my glucose level doesn't get above 100. I also do not have polycystic ovaries. So, I don't know. Oh, also worth noting: I tend to have low progesterone and have to take supplements when I am pregnant. In fact, I have a progesterone cream I use after ovulating every cycle when I am TTC. So I am thinking the high testosterone and low progesterone have something to do with my ovulation issues...

How can I move up ovulation without swaying boy? I am thinking saw palmetto might be a good choice for me due to the testosterone -- any thoughts or ideas?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would def. give SP or pep tea a try.

I am leery of some of the supps to lower testosterone because they lower blood sugar levels and I don't want to risk your passing out or anything like that.

Another thing to consider is that there are prescription medications such as aldactone and spirolactone that lower testosterone levels.

I do want to just hold out hope that despite having a high T reading (ONE time may I add) you have gotten a girl anyway and so I am not super duper sure you should start messing about with tons of supps - does that make any sense?? Sometimes I think that we do more harm than good.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, atomic! It does make sense. I did get my DD, and that is awesome. What do you think about someone in my position (probably high T, low progesterone) trying soy isoflavones, used like Clomid on days 3-7? I just started reading about those and it seems like they may sway girl?? And it looks like people use them primarily to move up ovulation, which is def. my issue. I am just not sure if that would be a bad idea with me in terms of my T levels...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to crash this thread, but I'm curious about spironolactone. I was on it for about 9 months in 2007-8 for cystic acne. I recently looked at my charts from back then and I was Oing, on average, 4-5 days before AF! Before and after my time on it, my LP was a more nnormal length of 10-12 days. So contrary to bringing O forward, spiro majorly delayed O for me. Is that an unusual rxn, do you know, atomic?

I am anxious to O earlier myself, as my LP since TTC has been under 10 days most months. On FF I've observed other late Oers try various supplements and most don't seem to do anything. Soy has maybe worked for some people and seems to have more potential than most things, though.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used soy isoflavones and it did make me o earlier, I has super long (45-60 days) cycles but I also got an opposite so I won't use it for my next sway. Some think it raises a estrogen which you don't want for pink but if it were to balance your other Hormones that might help in your case.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think Clomid sways pink, soy iso probably also does but is a PITA in terms of side effects and I personally don't recommend people use them unless they're in a scenario where they really are not ovulating and have one of those obnoxious doctors who guard the Clomid like the crown jewels or something.

I agree with Maiden in that I have seen people take every combo under the sun to "fix" short LP and I don't think it does a whole lot except for a small minority of people. Soy does seem to be the exception and it does do SOMETHING but that something may not always be GOOD.

I just posted a new essay here in this thread with a couple diet variants that are going to be better for testosterone than the "crash and burn" type of LE Diet. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Sorry to crash this thread, but I'm curious about spironolactone. I was on it for about 9 months in 2007-8 for cystic acne. I recently looked at my charts from back then and I was Oing, on average, 4-5 days before AF! Before and after my time on it, my LP was a more nnormal length of 10-12 days. So contrary to bringing O forward, spiro majorly delayed O for me. Is that an unusual rxn, do you know, atomic?

I am anxious to O earlier myself, as my LP since TTC has been under 10 days most months. On FF I've observed other late Oers try various supplements and most don't seem to do anything. Soy has maybe worked for some people and seems to have more potential than most things, though.
    Well, I'm not sure I ever said it would shorten a cycle, but it does lower testosterone. If a person had a long cycle because of testosterone, then it could shorten a cycle for them but in others it would have a different effect. It's kinda notorious for making cycles really strange and that is why so few people take it - lots of side effects.