Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Power of suggestion/pma/signs and swaying

I am a believer in signs and before we conceived my second son I dreamt about being pregnant, staring out of the window and seeing a full moon which represented our son. I was just wondering:

- have any of you had signs before becoming pregnant or during pregnancy? Did they reveal much?
    - do you believe that seeing signs can influence your sway?
    - does positive mental attitude about your sway help achieve a positive outcome?
    - does other people's views and opinions affect your thinking about your sway?

I am fully set on having a third boy but this is probably in an almost defeatist attitude as much as just wanting another son. I feel like I am no longer 'destined' for a girl. I don't know whether switching my thinking towards focusing on a girl in the future or being open to signs about a girl will help or if I should just continue accepting that I will only ever be a boy mummy? Xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    - I have seen signs all over the map, including some people who had very clear signs and got opposites so I don't believe in them or encourage reading too much into them.

That having been said I had a very vivid dream after shortly having DS 3 where I had another toddler boy (which I did) and then my sons and husband were preventing me from reaching an infant girl across a room, my husband was doing all this construction and the boys kept interrupting me and getting in my way and I just knew I had to get past all of them to get to her, which is almost exactly what happened IRL. I don't necessarily think this was a sign but it was dang weird.

- I don't personally believe seeing signs means anything for swaying. I think people go looking for signs and then they find them.

- I think a positive mental attitude can sometimes hurt pink sways but always good for blue. I do not recommend visualization or "The Secret" for pink sways and I think it's good to go in expecting to get another boy and not go looking for signs because you will always find them. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ypothesis.html

- I think other people can affect your attitude towards swaying and I have seen too many people start off approaching it with a healthy mental attitude, as something kinda fun and worth a shot. Then insanity spreads almost contagiously and then we end up with people who get obsessed with swaying (which can wreck otherwise good pink sways) and who had only mild gender desire ending up with extreme GD.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic you've pretty much summed up what I was thinking there although far better than I could have done. Interesting about the obstruction to your girl vision! I feel like I have all the tools to make a girl but that I need to cleanse the boyness in me which probably sounds totally insane!!! We are still a long way off our sway but I love to read about everyone's sways and the science of it. Finding it all fascinating it's like being back at school xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]