Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Scared of the diet and exercise!

Hi ladies! It is getting closer and closer to when we will hopefully TTC and sway for a girl and I have to say I am getting so worried about the diet and exercise! I normally work out 2-3 times a week and skip breakfast but other than that I don't do anything like the girl diet. The thought of limiting calories, only eating certain foods, working out every day and doing dreaded cardio (shudder) seems awful. I'm really not disciplined and a bit lazy- how have people been able to keep up with the diet? Especially with kids LOL?

Seriously any tips for how you all have motivated yourselves and stayed disciplined would be great!
    Enjoying life with my crazy little DS1 2010: and DS2 2012:
    Jan 15- Loss sway baby 12 wks
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! To be honest, I haven't found it hard at all. The first week was a definite adjustment period but I soon got the hang of it and after 3 months, it's just a way of life for me now! I couldn't imagine NOT being on the LE diet or doing the regular exercise. You'll get in the routine and be fine! What has helped me had been using myfitnesspal for tracking everything I eat and helping you record weight loss. Also, maybe join a thread where people are writing/typing down everything they have in a day? I've found seeing what other people are doing helpful. With exercise, it's helpful to add in a day at a time. So for the next week, add one day to your routine and then add another, etc..until you are up to 6 or 7 days weekly (though even 4 is supposed to be ok, as long as you are doing at least an hour). Over the winter, I've been using my exercise bike usually FIRST thing in the morning and catching up on shows or even watching a film! It's definitely become 'me time' which gets addictive!! I'll start walking as it warms up and I listen to music to keep me going and have arranged to meet up with friends once a week for a walk and then a coffee!
    Just do little changes at a time. Don't expect to be an expert on the diet straight away. I made little changes at a time. And I don't get stressed with 'cheats', it's good to cheat now and again. For me it's normally special occasions, splurging on birthday cake or something :-D
    I really thought it would be a lot more difficult but it hasn't been at all!! In fact, I love the diet. I've NEVER had a flatter stomach! Seems a shame to get pregnant now!!
    You'll find lots of support here, good luck with it all!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ooh that doesn't sound so bad. I have to say I am a bit worried about the weight loss as I am already just on the cusp of being underweight but I don't need to worry about it yet. I know there is no way I would do 7 days of 60 minutes of cardio, but 5 seems doable.Normally I'm quite against cardio and feel like weight training brings much faster results (maybe there is a reason why I have two boys ) but it really seems that doing the cardio can really help a girl sway so I want to commit to it!

I'm glad you are having so much success- that makes me more excited about it!
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can do the LE diet but up the calories so that you're maintaining instead of dropping weight. Yes, weights give you faster results when you're concerned about your body, but remember that the focus is on TTC pink, not having an awesome physique ATM. I have to keep telling myself that because I certainly drop weight faster when crossfitting and eating paleo, and I've hit a few weight loss plateaus, but I can always lose weight later. Now is the time to try for my DD!

A lot of moms (including me) use their exercise time for me time. Bring a book or magazine for the elliptical, bring your iPod, watch TV or whatever makes you happy. I'm SO glad I chose a gym with childcare that my kids like! It has enabled me to completely relax about them for an hour and a half everyday and really keep strict about getting my time in.

Good luck!
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WWhen you are on the elliptical for an hr, how hard are you training?
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started on the elliptical at the lowest level, mostly because I was coming off of a 3 month couch potato run due to a hamstring injury. So I was super unfit! Now I bring it up to level 3 out of 10 and I just pump it at a jogging type speed for the hour.

Regardless of what I'm doing, you need to do what's right for your fitness level. If you're a runner already (doubtful, since mostly those are girl moms already!) you just run at your normal pace for an hour. You can speedwalk or bike at a quick clip, as well. What matters most is that it's challenging enough to make you sweat, but not so challenging that you can't keep it up for an hour.
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This will definitely improve my condition as my endurance level is not great. Something else to look forward to
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, how i did managed, i don't know! I just did ;-)
    And i got my girl.

Sways including exercise for at least 6 days a week an hour almost have a 100% success rate. That motivated me! Besides, the girls of the exercise motivation group were great!

I must admit, i did almost 6 weeks of exercise before first attempt. Thereafter, i only included it from af-o. I already started feeling super tired after three days, so the two weeks off in the 2ww def did not increase my condition.
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the diet and no exercise, no way I could have found the time to work out enough! I still walked my dogs and did same things with the boys. The diet was hard at first but became second nature after a few weeks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long did you TTC, Bigwish and thehappypixi?
    It's a boy!
    My Chart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast