Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

getting cycles back when BF

Sorry, I know this isn't swaying related but 6.5months in to BF and still no sign of AF! All of this is pushing my ttc pink start date back

Already taking 30mg of vit b6 plus some pink supps, 2cups of peppermint tea daily, dont want to take vitex in case it can affect my sons hormone levels too via my milk. We are weaning (started at 5 mo) and he has 2-3 small meals a day, sleeps at least a 6hr block at night following a dreamfeed and one night feed too. Daytime milk feeds are 3-4hrs apart.

My cm is wreaking havoc - getting sticky and ewcm in the same day and sometimes white ewcm.. so think my hormones must be all over the place especially as still feeling like I have morning sickness most mornings at the moment. Argh!

What I was wondering is would taking a contraceptive pill for a month kickstart my cycles again? Or would that further confuse my body?

Sorry for the rant, finding my body so confusing and know I ought to be patient but so broody and just want to start my sway prep!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do NOT take a contraceptive pill while breastfeeding. It DOES affect your breastmilk, even though it is believed to be safe. http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/birthcontrol.html Vitex is also believed safe during breastfeeding. I took it with both DS 3 and 4 and felt good about it, and I am paranoid about taking anything while I'm nursing.

6 months with no AF is perfectly normal and it's just one of those things you have to wait out. Nursing at night, even with the 6 hour block of sleep, keeps AF away longer. I suspect at that level of nursing, AF will be on your doorstep shortly.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just this last week I took 3,000-5,000 mg a day for two days straight because I wasn't keeping track and AF came 4 days early.

I am pumping so DS2 was drinking the pumped milk at the time but my naturalist said it wouldn't affect a nursing child (who is eating solids) and it would help the milk production. My milk did increase a lot. I am still pumping and will continue to nurse DS2 after BFP until he is 2, I am dumping the current milk because I am afraid of the sudafed I am taking getting in the milk.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only got AF back while breastfeeding when breastfeeding a toddler just a couple times a day. Sounds like you're down to not much more than that, so hopefully you won't ge waiting too long
    04 06 MS/PGD 08

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you. It's interesting as I read that some (not all) contraceptive pills are safe when BF but that vitex is a questionmark as noone knows what affect the hormones will have on the baby in the long run. This just makes me want to take neither!

did vitex work for you?

pp20 - what supp did you take that much of? vitex?

Lilian - thanks! TBH I still feel that I feed him quite a lot but when I RTW in Sept I'll be going at least 10hrs a day (3 days a week) without BF during the day, and hopefully a good stretch at night as well... so maybe that will make a difference

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Taking neither is the best option for someone who is terribly concerned about it.

Vitex restored my cycles very nicely and certainly helped me get pregnant but didn't sway pink for me obviously.

I really think that the best advice in your situation is a big dose of Vitamin P - patience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just a little update - I have had some very very light bleeding the last 2 days... I'm hoping this is an AF although there are no clots or cramps like usual and it's so light!
    I drank RLT Weds morning, and Thurs morn, the bleeding started on Thurs evening, but this morning it has virtually stopped... could the RLT have caused the bleed and not an AF?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, and I've always had a vitamin P deficiency lol

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    just a little update - I have had some very very light bleeding the last 2 days... I'm hoping this is an AF although there are no clots or cramps like usual and it's so light!
    I drank RLT Weds morning, and Thurs morn, the bleeding started on Thurs evening, but this morning it has virtually stopped... could the RLT have caused the bleed and not an AF?
    Good idea on the RLT, I'm gonna rem. that one. RLT is like having an O - sometimes it can "knock AF loose" (sorry I know that's crude ) but if there wasn't anything there to begin with, nothing would have happened. If you hadn't been just on the verge of having AF anyway, you wouldn't have had the bleeding.

It is totally normal that your first PPAF will be odd or different and the sooner after having your baby you were, the weirder it will be. Some are light, some are superheavy, extra clots, or whatever.

I know you don't want to do vitex but my advice for anyone reading this who does, would be to take vitex for 2 weeks on, two weeks off, starting now. For you, since vitex is off the table, just take a note of when this mini-AF was, and assume that your cycles will resume on a similar pattern (they may not - they may go away again for a few months and start up again on a whole diff. day but most people's stick with the same dates.) Then plan your attempts around when you think O ~might~ happen, even if it doesn't.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    oh, and I've always had a vitamin P deficiency lol
    Boy mom! The only nutrient that doesn't sway blue is Vitamin P!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast