Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Crappy Mothers Day

Sorry, but I just have to vent!! I had such a crappy Mother's Day! My morning consisted of a million loads of washing, vacuuming and mopping, the kids being painful and DH out for hours looking at hardware shops.

Then we went to my parents for afternoon tea. I had planned to make a cake to take but with DH out all morning, I couldn't go to the shop to buy the ingredients and then ran out of time so I didn't end up taking anything. Then we get there and my brothers girlfriend had bought cakes so she gained brownie points and I was left apologising for not being able to bring anything. She then followed my mum around like a puppy dog and they were chatting like best friends and I was just left upstairs to get afternoon ready.

Then my nan and aunty rocked up and they weren't there 5 mins when my aunty asked if we were going to have any more children. I said "I don't know, we would love another one though" so that answer started an uproar about how we shouldn't have anymore children and how ridiculous even thinking about it was and "where would you put another child? On the roof?!". One of the twins then piped up and said "well she wants a girl" and so my nan said "well of course she does but she needs to get over that and there's no way she can have anymore children" and then that lead to a discussion about how the twins were 'supposed to be a girl'!!!!

Then I gave my mum her present, which I couldn't really afford to even buy after all the birthdays etc we've had lately, but I bought her a really nice vanilla reed/oil holder and a book. She said thank you and said it was nice but then my brother and his girlfriend have her a bottle of wine (which I'm guessing was an expensive nice bottle as they an afford to although still probably less expensive than the present I got her) and she almost cried and said "oh you didn't have to do that, thank you, thank you so much" and then Dad was carrying on about what a great present it was. My present seemed to be nothing compared to this wine! So I went and started cleaning up and washing up. Whilst I was doing that my dad called out that my children had made a mess and put food on the floor so I went and saw the one crumb on the floor and picked it up and then continued to wash up only to have dad call out again saying DS6 had put food on his sleeve (my dad wasn't even in the same room as DS6 but was watching him eat) so I had to stop to go clean his sleeve.

I then finished cleaning up everything while the kids and DH went outside and were playing and everyone else was talking and eating.

When we got home I was hoping to sit down with the kids and watch frozen but I had to go shopping to get stuff for dinner but they watched it while I was out so I missed out.

DS1 then cooked a beautiful dinner, which was so nice of him and the best part of my day but after dinner, the younger kids went to bed and DS1, DS2 and DH sat and watched a movie while I cleaned up 2 days of dishes (as I felt like crap on Saturday so I hadn't done it).

To add to it all, I don't know why, but yesterday my desire for a daughter (and being down cause I don't have one) was at a high. I think it may have had something to do with shopping the day before and seeing so many mums and daughters and even young teen girls together out shopping for their mums and knowing I wasn't getting anything off my boys, and that they didn't really even care that it was Mothers Day. And also knowing that if I hadn't had a mc then I'd have another baby growing inside me that would have made me a mum to 7 this Mother's Day, oh and comments from DH about "would I please hurry up and get pregnant already" as he is sick of the diet.

Arrgghh... Again so sorry for the long post and rant but just had to vent to someone!!!
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mum BIG BIG HUGS!!!!! I'm so sorry your mother's day was crappy Sorry but I think your parents were acting like jerks!!! Ungrateful and mean. That's just my opinion. If it makes you feel any better mine was crappy too...dh was away in another state working, and I was cleaning etc all day and DS3 was acting up and I didn't get anything for Mothers Day (I don't expect my kids to get me anything b/c they're so young, but my mom, who lives across the street, didn't get me a card and she always does). Just felt forgotten this year.
    I'm glad your dh wants you to get PG tho That gives you something to look forward to, I bet you'll have your rainbow bfp in no time. (((((hugs)))))
    Mommy to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm sorry Mum that all made me sooo mad!!! People can be such jerks:/
    Try to focus on your son making dinner?!?
    Oh I don't know what to say, I just feel really bad for you
    Big hugs!!!!!

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, how rude of your family!!! I will never understand why anyone other than the mom/dad/immediate family thinks they have ANY say in whether or not to have more children. That is YOUR decision (well, I suppose your DH as well, haha) NOT theirs. Inexcusable, if you ask me. If you don't have anything supportive to say then keep your mouth closed!!!!
    I'm so sorry your day was so hectic and filled with negative people. I'm happy you were able to find a ray of sunshine in all the murkiness (your son making you dinner, that was very sweet). I hope you have a peaceful night's rest and can start fresh tomorrow. I hope I don't overstep here, but you ARE a mom of 7. Your last child watches over you and your family until the day comes when you are reunited.

Hugs to you,
    Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I get both sad and really angry when I hear about your parents and family. That is so rude!!

You if anyone, the mother of six beautiful boys, should be celebrated on mothers day! I literally don't have the words to say how crappy that sounds and I feel so sorry you had to spend the day there. (I could write a novel in swedish about what I think of their behavior but that would take me all work day to do in english!)

Big hug to you!
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you all, and you're right about my angel baby angie. xx
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe need to clarify that with "your parents and family" I meant that SIL and aunts and so on, not your kids. They seem so sweet!
    Gorgeous 4 6 and unfortunately in jan 2014. Swayed pink but got a lovely little in jan 2015. Now expecting an OOOPS! baby, according to Panorama test a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh I do not know what to say other than to agree with what has already been said! I dont know how people can be so rude to thier own family. Do they not realise that your brothers girlfriend is able to make/buy brownies, buy expensive wine etc, firstly because they have the TIME (and money) to do so but also she is his girlfriend so has to step up the effort!! Maybe they were making a fuss over it to make her feel welcome (I dont know how long they have been together/how much she sees your family).

What a lovely DS making dinner for you, I am sure that all of your sons are so well behaved and will turn out lovely. A credit to you.

Even the most on-board DHs make unhelpful comments, if he doesnt want to do the diet and it makes him feel better about TTC, I guess he could eat normally? Mine wont do the diet, he has agreed to eating 3 vegetarian dinners a week but he will sit and eat a packet of ham for a snack so it kind of cancels it out lol

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honey I'm so mad for you right now. I think I said before, but it just couldn't be around them anymore. I would explode. Next year, send a card to your mum and let your boys fuss over you all day. Hugs xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally agree with Mrs. Incredible. I wouldn't go over there next Mothers day. After all it is YOUR day. Plus you are going to have a LO next year so I would just stay at home and let your kiddos and DH fuss over you and hold the baby like it should be. Can you tell your Mom how you feel or would that just make things worse?
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast