Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Iui/sway over 40

I am not sure where to post, because this is somewhat of both a HT and LT question. I went for a consultation after multiple ivf failures and a natural sway miscarriage. My older age and possibly very high doses of meds that I was given are a factor. The doctor at this clinic is recommending iui as the next best option to get me pg. this is a highly respected dr at a great clinic that doesn't do gender selection. I am told that I would only have a <1% chance of conceiving naturally, and a 10% chance with iui or ivf. With iui I would be able to afford more cycles, and that's why the dr. Thinks it may be more effective for me. I am about ready to give it a try. But is there anything that we can do to help sway an iui? Is it true that microsort with iui would probably not work? I really need to get pg at this age and would feel blessed to get a either gender...but I do hope for a girl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No one is doing Microsort any more except in Mexico, that I am aware of. the odds of conception were dreadful with it.

I am of two minds on the concept of swaying with fertility issues. On the one hand if you do not get pregnant, your chance of a daughter is ZERO. But at the same time I understand that some may prefer to have lower chance of conception but higher chance of pink. So my compromise would be for you to follow the "atomic fertility diet" here in this thread (it's a PCOS thread but anyone can use the diet) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html I would not have you lose too much weight unless you have it to spare.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keshet- what about getting DH on olive leaf & vitamin C? HT ladies usually see an increase in healthy pink embies with their DH on these supplements...I am not sure how it would work (or what atomic thinks?) for IUI, but if you are def. doing the IUI anyway, then maybe it couldn't hurt if he was willing...

Bear in mind its no guarantee though obviously, my DH took the olive leaf for months while I was swaying and I am having a boy! (I am in the minority though )

Good luck xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes def. give him Olive Leaf, sorry I should have mentioned that. Thanks Coralsky!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely have weight to lose so will continue to diet. I would have to convince DH about the olive leaf. That's a tough one.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Show him the stats if he really wants a girl too, it might persuade him....I think I might be the only opposite so far (or certainly one of only a few anyway).

Also if he really hates the liquid- I persuaded my DH on the flavoured one which was slightly better tasting, and I let him take the capsules in the morning if he did the liquid in the evening...he was more happy when he felt it was a compromise! lol. but even if he will just take the capsules its better than nothing, and no yucky taste! worth a try maybe? good luck anyway xxx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are the swayers using olive leaf for DH.... ALL of them got pink, except for me! So while 13people is not really a big sample size, 12/13 so far is pretty good odds

CoCo
    meeks32
    Pangea
    HopingWishingPraying
    lollylegs
    GT77
    mrs magoo
    coralsky
    English Rose
    Bow peep
    MrsandMama
    greeneyes
    Ruby88

Hope that helps xxx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do want to point out that I will be flabbergasted if these numbers stay this high over time. Still in the "this is probably a fluke" stage. Exercise also had incredible results at first and then numbers came down over time. So no one should feel "doomed" if they can't get hubby to use olive leaf.