Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help, I am not eating enough

I am trying to stay in the ranges and in doing so I am getting way under 1000 calories in a day and not even half the recommended potassium (I am calling the companies to find out how much potassium is in things so I am not missing any). Please look at my day (no more food for me today...will prob have another glass of milk but that will put me over my protein limit). What can I do? Do I have to stay under 40g for protein (I've been planning for a year and had that written down but now I don't remember why)?

Tahina 1tsp
    Unsalted Rice Cake 1
    Hard boiled egg 1
    nutrigrain strawberry 1
    Milk, Stoneyfield Organic Fat Free 12oz
    Kraft Parmesan 1tsp
    Rice, Success white boil in bag .5 servings
    chicken tenderloin 54g
    Aquafina with Raspberry Crystal Light 1

Calories kcals 565.7
    Sodium mg 459.2
    Potassium mg 615.0
    Calcium mg 710 (getting the rest in supplements)
    Protein 38.3g
    and IVF/PGD

Cycle #1 - Antagonist protocol
    AFC=24

5/30: start stims (187.5 gonal f), 6/2: decrease gonal to 150 add 1 vial menopur , 6/5: add 2nd vial of menopur, 6/6: add ganirelix, 6/9: no meds, do trigger, 6/11: ER 21 retrieved, 13 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6/16: transferred 1 XX...bfp! Betas: 10dp5dt 283, 12dp5dt 807, 19dp5dt 8762, 7/21: 7w5d HB 155!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think 40-50 g of protein is best and that is a part of my "low everything" diet.

The problem with the diet that you're eating is the inclusion of chicken and egg. Those are allowed in the IG diet but not so much in the "low everythign" diet. They both have a lot of protein for very very little calories. I prefer that people focus on a vegetarian-style diet and get protein from grains, which have a lot more calories for the same amount of protein. Milk also has a lot of protein in it for the amount of calories it provides.

If you want to follow the IG-style diet and include chicken and eggs, that's fine, just relax the protein amount so you're eating more protein. 1000 cals a day is not enough to survive on. The protein is NOT part of the IG diet, it's part of the Low Everything diet. The two are mutually exclusive because if you try to do both, you end up with too restrictive a diet.

You are right, that is nowhere near enough potassium. You MUST relax your diet on fruits and vegetables because that is a dangerously low amount of potassium. IG has put the fear of fruit into all of us but I promise that of all the girls who've been conceived since the world began, their mothers were eating an occasional banana here and there.

If you add a banana and a coconut water to your diet, you will get over 1000 mg of potassium and an additional 200 cals or so, with very little additional protein.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 24th, 2011 at 12:38 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know all this diet stuff can be confusing. You might want to visit this thread where a few of us record what we eat every day - it's a great source of ideas for what you can eat while still staying within the guidelines:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-be-strict!%29
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could some one please point me in the right direction for the ranges we have to stay in for ttc a girl

x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Could some one please point me in the right direction for the ranges we have to stay in for ttc a girl

x
    I'm doing the "Low Everything" diet so for that, you'd probably want to stick to the following if you can make it work:

Cals - 1500 - 1800 (or lower depending on your size and if you want to lose weight)
    Protein - 40 - 50 g
    Sodium - under 1000
    Fat - 35 g or below is probably fine depending on how many cals you're eating and your body size.

Hope this was the info you needed. There is a TON more info in the Dream Member section.
    Last edited by Out of the Blue; July 7th, 2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post

x
    OOTB already answered you but I just wanted to say WELCOME!

It can be bad to go too low on sodium and potassium as well, so be sure that you're eating at least 700 mg of sodium and between 2500-3500 mg potassium.

Some people are trying to up their calcium intake to 1200-1800 mg and their magnesium to 200-300 mg but not everyone is doing this.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ