Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Do I need progesterone cream?

We are 27, no known issues, regular 28 day cycle (although I ovulate late). We've been trying 7 months, would prefer a boy first (at this point I don't care), and I naturally eat a boy diet. Our timing can be hit or miss, but we usually get to O-2 or O-1. I had my progesterone checked last month because I only have a 9-10 day luetal phase, and she confirmed ovulation. Unfortunately, I had the test done at cd 4, and not 7. My level was 5.2 on cd 4. I just started acupuncture apt his cycle (once a week), and I started b100 complex on cd 14. Today is 1DPO. We BD O-3, O-2, O-1, O, and may bd again today. This is the first month we've bd all these days! Should I get some natural progesterone cream?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would, and have. I like the Emerita brand I think it is. Just make sure you use it every day until your period starts or be prepared that you should really stay on it for the first 10ish weeks of your pregnancy unless they supplement you with something else.
    (2009)
    (2011- IUI and femara) (2012), (8/2015) (sway opposite) 2019
    HT 2018- Feb - 12 retrieved- 0 embies made it to PGS testing
    April- 10 retrieved- 1 5AB embryo made it to testing- normal XX!!!! July FET- BFP!!! DD born 2019

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not like over the counter progesterone cream and if you need prog support you need to get it from your doctor. The prog creams they sell in stores are for menopausal women and not enough to sustain pregnancy. Beyond that, even prescription strength prog. has not been proven to do anything at all to sustain pregnancy and it's believed to be more a placebo anyway. Pregnancies that are not gona work out are not saved by the prog cream, and pregnancies that are, will signal your body to make prog all on its own. 10 days is adequate for that to happen.

I am confused why they are checking your progesterone before ovulation? Why Would You Have Progesterone Levels Checked?

For the B to work, you need to take it all month long.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops! I meant checked 4DPO and not 7DPO. So, at 4DPO it was 5.2. She said I ovulated, and doesn't think I need clomid or anything else. Today is 9DPO, and AF should start tomorrow or Tuesday. BFN when I took a test this morning. I just don't get it, and honestly don't think I'm all the sudden going to fall pregnant in the next 3 months with the whole, "even healthy couples take a year." I'm just losing hope.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a short LP as well, I've been able to sustain 2 pregnancies. Since TTC again I got my progesterone checked and it was only 4.8. Turns out I timed it too late. My doctor suggested I go in the next month 7 days after +OPK and it was 15. Test again next month and try to go in 7 days after +OPK and see what the results are. Anything over 10 is good. Best of luck!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    Oops! I meant checked 4DPO and not 7DPO. So, at 4DPO it was 5.2. She said I ovulated, and doesn't think I need clomid or anything else. Today is 9DPO, and AF should start tomorrow or Tuesday. BFN when I took a test this morning. I just don't get it, and honestly don't think I'm all the sudden going to fall pregnant in the next 3 months with the whole, "even healthy couples take a year." I'm just losing hope.
    Did AF start??

The acupuncture and B might help.

can you switch to SMEP?? if you feel like you aren't having well-timed attempts, that is the gold standard. Sperm Meets Egg Plan

Also, has DH been checked?? we have had several gals TTC for months on end trying everything and assuming it was them, then had their husbands do sperm analysis and it turned out to be the male factor.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for responding! Yeah, it started on July 1st. We tried SMEP a few months previously. This is month 8 or 9, I can't even remember. But, we are going to have DH get tested at 1 year since that's what our insurance requires. So, 3 more months of trying on our own still. Today is cd 13, and I usually ovulate cd 17 or 18. I'm going to training the rest of the month, and today will be the only day we can BD. We'll use pre-seed and oh well I guess!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try the B and the Preseed. I am hesitant with the prog cream, I just have seen the OTC creams cause so much more harm than good (altho great for menopausal women they just aren't enough to sustain the pg)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to update, that when I did get my bfp my progesterone was an 11, and my RE said 10 was the bare minimum to sustain a pregnancy. She put me on suppositories until my body began making more. So, I would recommend bringing it up to a medical professional for sure!

TTC starting July 2016!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you for updating, it makes the threads very useful to others who may be in a similar situation.