Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man mum!! Sending so many hugs ur way. Im so sorry ur mil is so terrible, and im so sorry ur dh is not supportive. I really hope things get better for u guys

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, my blood boils and my heart aches for you. No one deserves that kind of treatment from the person who vowed to love, honor, protect (or whatever your wedding vows were) them. I don't even know what to say about your husband's behaviour. Completely appalling. His reaction to you pouring your heart out to him .... I do not have enough evil words in my vocabulary. And refusing to stand up for you...ugh.

I wish I could give you a hug and help you find a way through this mess. But all I can do is send you positive thoughts and encourage you to use whatever support you have to help you through.

Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man, I am so sorry you're going through this

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh I have just seen and read through this. I wish there was something I could say or do to make things better for you. I am so sorry you are going through this. We are all sending positive thoughts and prayers to give you the strength to get through this. You really do seem like such a lovely person and maybe certain people have taken advantage of this.

As for your b1tch mil, no one will ever be good enough for her sons, it is not just you. She is the one with the problem, it is just a shame your DH and his brother can't see it. Fools.

Your DH is in danger that one day he will wake up and you and your kids will be gone and living a better life without him. He needs to wake up to what he has before it's too late. I can't believe his reaction to you, I just want to slap him

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry. Your MIL sounds an awful lot like mine. Mine passed away in 2008 when I had only had 3 kids, which for their sakes I saw as a blessing. Who needs their own grandmother cristicising and belittling them? It is her problem. Particularly since I am sure there are and have been plenty of people in your life who think the world of you. She is the mean nasty exception.

Your DH, I don't get it. I'd much rather at least a good row than someone who is just checked out. AT least then they're still invested. I'd probably try a counselor, if he'd do it. He needs to get talking and explaining where his head is before too much damage is done.

Regardless, this baby will be loved. And this baby will love you, for wanting it so much, for just being there and being its mum. Sorry right now it's so hard and stressful. Hugs to you.
    '00, '03-'13 , '06, '09, '11, '13
    Hoping for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good thing I saw you are in AU otherwise I may have asked if DH family was related to my DH family. I love my MIL to death I got lucky there. Its the Aunts on my FIL side... They treat ANY woman married to one of the nephews or brothers like satan spawn. We are all just corrupting them and using them for money etc etc. I don't know about the other wives but I make more than DH If she has that much hatred towards your kids sounds like she need not be around them. With the way she talks to them and to you, they are going to learn that behavior and then some day when they meet their SO's they are going to treat them the same way especially because they essentially see dad ok'ing that behavior. You and he need to sit down about how this makes you feel and the same with you and she and then possibly all three of you together. Eventually she will come between your marriage because he is always going to listen to mum first and you second if you dont stand up for yourself to this because its obvious he wont. I see it with my DH's cousins. They tell their wives to roll over and just let the aunts etc say whatever they want in front of the kids and then the kids have repeated it, its caused major marital issues etc. I put my foot down calmly yet firmly with my husband. They have no contact with my DS because he doesn't need to learn that behavior and I don't need to deal with it and he backed me up on it because he can see the misery in his cousins marriages. Your marriage is you and him not you him and her holding the leash.
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234