Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When is the gender determined?

When exactly is it that the sex of the baby is created? How long after ovulation or sex does it happen?
    8 12 2014 wishing and praying for a

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    During fertilization
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And fertilization occurs when u are ovulating and the sperm meets the egg? Yes?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You ovulate, the egg travels until it meets the sperm and once the sperm penetrates the egg, fertilization has happened and gender is then determined.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've probably asked this before but does anyone think that what u ate on the day of fertilisation determines the gender at all?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it does, honestly. It doesn't really make sense from an evolutionary standpoint that what you ate the day sperm meets egg would determine gender rather than the condition of your body for several months prior to conceiving. Additionally, I have seen tons of opposites from women who did the diet only the week of conception. If what we ate the week of conception matters so much why wouldn't everyone who was perfect on the diet the few days around O always get girls? It seems the longer on the diet, the better the results which to me points to the biochemical markers on the egg (or whatever it is that makes swaying work!) is something that develops over weeks and months rather than days.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, what you ate that day will not determine gender.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so cos I had a big fat cheat on the day we DTD.and only 4dpo and finding it hard meat wise as I've ate quite a bit if meat.I've stayed within limits maybe a bit over as I stopped tracking for a while.I lost about around half a stone.been on the diet loosely from around June then got stricter and near enough vegetarian as time went on.just hope if I see a bfp this month I've done enough to get my girl.xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Women have XX chromosomes. Men have XY chromosomes. Sex cells (eggs in women and sperm in men) have half the number of chromosomes of a normal human cell so that when they come together the resulting baby has the correct number again.
    Essentially all eggs are 'female' (x chromosome) whereas sperm is 50% 'female' (x chromosome) and 50% 'male' (Y chromosome).
    Gender is therefore down to the sperm that fertilises the egg; if an 'x' gets there first you get a girl (xx chromosomes) and if a 'y' gets there first the resulting embryo will be male (XY chromosomes).
    Swaying tries to stack the odds in your favour by changing your internal environment, decreasing your condition etc but (even atomic will agree) a lot of the mechanics of this are still unknown. The sex of the child is determined by the sperm that fertilises the egg.
    Hope that helps and good luck xx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it happens when sperm hit the egg. The reason we do diet longer than that is so the XX or XY have the best environment for their development after fertilization. XX may prefer lower glucose environment, XY higher. (we're not sure how much this really matters and it's very likely that both can develop perfectly fine in a wide range of environments.) But more importantly, it's so you aren't off the diet for two weeks in case of BFN.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast