Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingofsecondpink View Post
    sorry I cant see what the auto immune diseases have to do with the thread. Is it something to do with swaying? or is it because those with autoimmune diseases shouldt have aspartame? Asking as my hubby has psoriasis and I have a blood condition with little no white blood cells and cetaphills so wondering if that sways on its own?
    Since back in the days of IG several of us have noticed a connection with allergies and autoimmune disorders in WOMEN and more sons conceived both on the site and in real life. It may be nothing, could be totally anectodal and not true, but there are WAY more women with Hashimotos, rheumatoid arthritis, eczema, celiac, psoriasis and Sjogren's Syndrome and all boys that we know of. The reason why this thread exists is that I was wondering if aspartame might aggravate autoimmune disorders and could possibly sway blue. I have just seen sooo many women who were doing insane levels of aspartame getting boys with otherwise good sways, that I was speculating if there could be some connection.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    pinkbean, for the past 3 years I have been very prone to painful functional cysts also but I'm definitely not E dominant, it's always been in normal range, nowhere near high. So unless you've had bloodwork done I wouldn't assume.

Dreaming, for reasons we don't know, women with AI disorders seem to have more boys.
    We don't know it for a fact because it hasn't been studied enough but there does seem to be a strong observational trend that way.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Atomic due you think water intake can sway? I drink hardly anything as I never feel thirsty but have been drinking diet coke loads since swaying (only just found this thread)!

What are signs of autoimmune disorders? I'm in a pickle now about whether to continue the aspartame. The last 2 cycles I've been drinking tonnes and have developed bacterial vaginosis mid cycle requiring antibiotics, do you think it's linked? I never usually get BV
    Just reread this and I want to point out I don't want ANYONE drinking TONS of aspartame. Never do more than 2-3 12-16 oz servings a day. This is the amount that has been studied and approved by the FDA as safe during pregnancy and since no one knows how long it takes to leave your body, I think it wisest to stick with that intake.

It doesn't work to drink more anyway, and I have seen jillions of opposites in the ladies drinking cray-cray amounts of the stuff to ever recommend anyone taking a risk even if that risk is purely theoretical.

4. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PLEASE please ladies do not buy into the "estrogen dominance" hype based on symptoms. If you do not have bloodwork you cannot know if you have a hormonal "imbalance" if such a thing even exists (open for great debate) and there are tons of sites online willing to take peopel's money to "fix" a problem that may not even be real anyway.

6. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^Amen! E dominance definitely exists, but there are many reasons you can have the same symptoms, and there seems to be a bit of obsession/hype with E dominance lately, and progesterone cream etc being a miracle cure (which it so is not). Similar to those sites that blame every health problem on full body Candida infection. Basically there is a lot of misinformation online especially when it comes to health and OTC/herbal 'remedies'.
    Last edited by maidentomother; June 21st, 2015 at 06:23 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I re read the first post and saw that I was just reading back the last few pages and couldnt see where it related. silly me!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So if I do have an autoimmume disease and drink tons of aspartame maybe it actually counteracts it as I have a girl. Not a good sample size as only have one child! But I also thought bodies in state of shock/ disease etc would actually sway girl. My extended family is extremely girl heavy and we have serious blood conditions and psoriasis all through it. Long term stress is also supposedly swaying pink isnt it? and psoriasis can be caused by stress.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    dreaming, as with everything it's just a trend, not a guarantee or even necessarily a major sway factor. We don't know bc it hasn't been studied, just observed by a couple of swayers/atomic tge sway guru. Most likely it's the milder forms of AI conditions which sway blue, while the really severe cases that impact overall health and ability to function normally may sway pink, as very poor health can. Of course a big factor is probably whether the type of AI condition impacts fertility at all. If it does, I would think that would be more likely to sway pink, but generally most AI conditions, especially when mild in expression, don't directly affect fertility.

I do really wonder at the mechanism for AI swaying blue - any theories, atomic? I have a niggling suspicion it's related to inflammation, which is present in many if not most AI conditions, and maybe sometimes that inflammation improves fertility?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes dreamingofsecondpink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    dreaming, as with everything it's just a trend, not a guarantee or even necessarily a major sway factor. We don't know bc it hasn't been studied, just observed by a couple of swayers/atomic tge sway guru. Most likely it's the milder forms of AI conditions which sway blue, while the really severe cases that impact overall health and ability to function normally may sway pink, as very poor health can. Of course a big factor is probably whether the type of AI condition impacts fertility at all. If it does, I would think that would be more likely to sway pink, but generally most AI conditions, especially when mild in expression, don't directly affect fertility.

I do really wonder at the mechanism for AI swaying blue - any theories, atomic? I have a niggling suspicion it's related to inflammation, which is present in many if not most AI conditions, and maybe sometimes that inflammation improves fertility?
    that is why I wrote hypothetical - just a couple things I've noticed along the way.

I believe that it's both simpler and more complex than we're making it - I doubt it comes down to something quite as simple as inflammation but at the same time I do keep coming back to the idea that for some of us, we may be in TOO good a condition - autoimmune and PCOS are like this - it's like our bodies are too hypervigilant, making too many hormones or whatever. This probably made sense in a different environment when we might have been able to stay fertile on a subpar diet but nowadays we both have 3-4-5-or more boys and our own bodies are malfunctioning from too much of a good thing.

15. Likes maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hardly never drank any sodas at all when concieved my boys. Now I'm swaying for a girl and started to drink diet coke. Now that I found this thread I'm really thinking I should maybe stop diet soda completely. I know this is just hypothetical but it makes me wonder. Even if I didn't use aspartame when concieved our boys. I have atopic eczema, I've had it since I was a child. Also I might have a some kind of pollen (hope that's the right word in English) allergy. It's not diagnosed but I've been having couple of symptoms this spring/summer. I hope I have a good change at having my DG when swaying even though I have autoimmune issues.
    2010 (confirmed boy)
    2011 2014 2016

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast