Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH NO, what fertility doctor would recommend canola oil??? Not to offend, but what atomic said is true, a thick oil like canola will only hinder the sperms motility not help it. I believe that you are seeing a prominent doctor, but any kind of oils as lube went out the window decades ago.

I got my boy doing TriversWillard diet and preseed I wouldn't shrug off the diets, check out atomic's fertility diet for blue swayers.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Canola oil is made of rapeseed plant which is highly toxic and has been mainly used as an industrial oil.
    What is given for food is genetically modified in order for it to become edible and is partially hydrogenated oil.
    There are several warnings not to consume this product and I personaly would never put it in my genitals (it's also used as pesticide).
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's surprising since she is the most sought after doctor in SF. We also conceived 2 times (1 full term) out of 6 cycles last time, which is actually higher odds than couples without fertility issues.

BTW she did not say we should use canola oil, but if we needed some extra lube to get things going to use it, better than spit. We only put a little bit on the outside to get things started :-)

Anyway, we will use preseed from now on.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamato3? View Post
    Canola oil is made of rapeseed plant which is highly toxic and has been mainly used as an industrial oil.
    What is given for food is genetically modified in order for it to become edible and is partially hydrogenated oil.
    There are several warnings not to consume this product and I personaly would never put it in my genitals (it's also used as pesticide).
    While I agree canola oil is unhealthy, organic canola oil is neither GMO nor hydrogenated, amd even conventional csnola oil isn't inherently GMO or hydrogenated, though both are possible. And it is true that most not-organic csnola oil in the US is GMO.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    That's surprising since she is the most sought after doctor in SF. We also conceived 2 times (1 full term) out of 6 cycles last time, which is actually higher odds than couples without fertility issues.

BTW she did not say we should use canola oil, but if we needed some extra lube to get things going to use it, better than spit. We only put a little bit on the outside to get things started :-)

Anyway, we will use preseed from now on.
    Yes it's a little different saying you can use canola oil instead of saliva, and recommending it as a great lube for fertility. Some people can get pg with it of course (esp. small amounts) but then again some people can get pregnant on spermicide too. Sorry if I misunderstood and no offense meant to your doctor - I really hear some surprising things that are being told to people by doctors so I may have been overly proactive with that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    While I agree canola oil is unhealthy, organic canola oil is neither GMO nor hydrogenated, amd even conventional csnola oil isn't inherently GMO or hydrogenated, though both are possible. And it is true that most not-organic csnola oil in the US is GMO.
    My husband worked in a canola oil plant for several months and the rapeseed oil is toxic, but then it's treated to remove the bad stuff so it is supposed to be fully edible. Altho after smelling that place I am not a fan LOL (holy heck) the real issue with the canola oil is the same as any oil - sperm are meant to swim thru EWCM and not oil. If ya gots ta use it, small amounts only and Preseed and natural EWCM are the way to go both for fertility and for swaying blue.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    Just to add, there is no way canola oil harms sperms. That's what was recommend by our doctor, prominent fertility doctor from UCSF.

With that said, yesterday we used pressed cause it sways blue. We used the applicator inside.

It's very possible that because she is in treatment, none of the diets would work. She is already taking all kinds of medications that will set her body to be in the best shape to conceive and keep the embryo. For example, she starts progesterone in a few days to help keep a possible embryo alive and developing.

Let's see what happens.
    Studies have shown that canola oil does indeed slow down sperm at least temporarily. Even Preseed was found to be slightly worse (4% worse) than natural CM for this but nowhere near what canola oil was. Sperm did evenutally recover both with canola and Preseed, and with PReseed, the detrimental effects were far less to begin with than the canola. The reason why some docs are ok with canola is because it's better than things like KY, but that doesn't mean that it's GOOD, if that makes sense. Best results = natural EWCM both for fertility and boy. Second best = Preseed or one of the similar products like Conceive Plus or Yes Baby. (I'm not trying to quibble, just want you to be in with your absolute best chance of a little dude and also conception.)

FX and TX crossed for you guys. Just to let you know (and as always everything on this site, TOTALLY at your option and you're always welcome to tell me to stuff it LOL) the HE Diet will only HELP you guys both to conceive and to conceive a baby boy and to have a healthy pregnancy. We don't do the crazy unhealthy diet stuff they do on some sites. Here's a shorty version of HE http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html No, the fertility hormones are not enough to help ensure conception and healthy pregnancy. Diet will really help you a lot, but of course at your discretion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234