Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recommendations for an optimal pink sway

hi atomic sagebrush! Kind of crazy, but it feels like emailing a celebrity. That seems like what you are on here. I want to first thank you in advance for all you do for everyone on here. It is obvious that you are intelligent and try to give evidence based advice. Anyway, Not sure if I need to register and pay for any of the programs on here to get your advice, but I’ve been following you for a few months and you seem to be the one to go to with questions. I have two boys ages three and 19 months. My husband and I have wanted a girl with both pregnancies, so we are now trying for last baby, hopefully a girl. I am 42 as of December, and my husband will be 43 in May. We started trying again when I got my period back about a year ago. I’ve had two pregnancies since then. In August of last year I had a chemical pregnancy. We were trying to sway with mostly vinegar douche at that time. The next pregnancy was in October, and I ended up needing a D&C at 10 weeks in January because at my first appointment, there was no baby, just a sac. We have tried once since the D&C and I wasn’t pregnant. I am due here to ovulate in a few days. I might also add, i almost always get a positive OPK in the last year. Since the DNC, the main things I’ve been doing is fasting until 11 AM religiously, caffeine, alcohol, and BD once at positive OPK. Before conceiving my first son i was very active, but honestly, i dont exercise as of late. As for following the LE diet or any other, im just being honest, i know it shows good results, but ive dieted all my life and ive bypassed it. After recently reading some of the posts here, I’ve added fiber. But, I happened to be on fiber anyway, because I’ve suffered from constipation since my second son. Ive also increased my folic acid intake to 1200 mcg. Ive kept a generally positive attitude through all this because i truly believe our bodies are amazing and miscarriages are our way of getting rid of unhealthy pregnancies. And, i feel like even though im older, im generally fertile. It took about three trys with both boys. My question is this, of your most updated and favorite sway tactics, what would you suggest me to focus on? I might add, i have raspberry leaf tea daily just to help from the D&C, and take Maca daily as well. I chew cinnamon gum and drink cinnamon and peppermint tea from time to time as well for my digestive issues. I completely understand If you are unable to answer any of these questions, as I know you’re a busy woman on here. And I’m sure you have a Very busy life outside of this site. Just thought I’d throw it out there and see what kind of response I got. Thank you for your time to even read this.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL, no not a celebrity, just a mom like you who wants to help everyone achieve their dream!

I think your first two posts didn't go through right away, sorry. They are up now but since it's the same q in all three I'll go ahead and delete the other two.

I'll start off with the things I really believe in for swaying - LE Diet longer than 12 weeks, coffee, fiber, alcohol, dropping prenatal and probiotics; exercise; one attempt; Clomid or Femara if you can get them. And for DH, jogging/biking, and smoking have been proven in studies, while Olive Leaf extract and soy milk/foods ~may~ help. Everything else appears to be just window dressing.

Now obviously some of those things you aren't into (and nor would I recommend you stop TTC at 42 for any reason other than act of God, LOL) and that's fine. I'll go over the things you have been using.

1)Douching - not sure if you're still doing this but if so, drop. Really cuts odds of conception and time is not on our side.

2)Can you please explain what you mean by always getting a positive OPK in the last year?

3)Given your age I'd up folic acid to 2000 mcg or even more like 3-4000. I'd strongly consider going to folate instead of folic acid as it's generally better, if you can afford it (It is $$$)

4)I would leave out RRLT and Maca. They may sway blue and worse, may mess with your hormones enough so as to delay or stop ovulation, or make your LP shorter.

5)Keep cinnamon/peppermint tea to 2-3 times a week max. Dietary amounts only on those for you. We don't want to do anything that may make your cycle get longer because longer cycles mean fewer eggs, less chances.

6)I suggest switching over to e4d. One attempt may not be enough and I want you in with a good shot of conceiving. Start having unprotected sex every 4 days (count Monday/Thursday, not these days specifically but in that pattern) after AF ends and continue on till you are 110% sure you've ovulated, even if this means going on till next month's AF starting.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the prompt reply and erasing the other posts, i wasn’t sure how all this stuff worked. That was all very helpful and i appreciate your input so much. What i meant by “getting a positive OPK the last year” was just that ive been using OPKs the whole last year of trying and it seems that ive been ovulating monthly the whole last year (been getting positives). I forgot to mention that after reading one of your posts, i did drop the prenatals and probiotics, so that is good. I will drop the RRLT and the maca for sure immediately. So it seems like im mainly doing your suggestions minus the 12 week LE diet (which i know is a big one) and the exercise. Im going to do my best to adopt both of these immediately as well as i know you see great results with both, they are just hard to comply with. Im going to get some folate tomorrow, that is no problem and im going to also buy some olive leaf extract as well for my DH. He loves cycling, so i think hed be up to adding that into his day. What dose do you recommend for the folate? Is it the same as the folic acid dosing? I will definitely cut back on the cinnamon and peppermint teas as well. One last question, have you seen a large amount of multiples with Clomid? I know im at a higher risk of multiples being 42, so my fear is to increase my odds even more. Of course id be thrilled for a pregnancy in general right now, but id rather not have multiples. Oh, and just to note, i stopped the douching after my first miscarriage because i read somewhere that douching increases the risk of ectopic pregnancies. I decided it probably wasnt the smartest thing i could be doing. Thanks again for your time and input. What you and everyone else on here does is amazing and hopeful!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok great! Just wanted to rule out many days of pos OPK all month long.

LE Diet is not really that hard. Can you explain to me what you think the hardest part(s) are because many times, people have a misconception about what the diet really entails. And you know what else, if you can't do it 100% that's totally cool. Even the most minor changes in a pink friendly direction will only help. Even if you can only do one little thing differently, it can still make a difference! you don't have to do everything or even most things.

with cycling BUT do be aware it can cut sperm health, and so since time is not our friend here, I am somewhat wary of him going overboard with it. Just sensible amounts and if you don't get pregnant in 1-2 months we may drop that.

folate is same dose as folic acid

Yes we have seen multiples with Clomid (and also without Clomid, LOL) It is a risk of Clomid, unfortunately. I'd suggest Femara for you as that has been better for egg quality for older moms and may also be lower chances of multiples.

Oh good so glad to hear you dropped douching. When I was TTC back on one of the sites that advocate douching (before we created this site) I was in the older moms group and so many of them were douching and did not get pregnant that way. And some of them ended up never getting pregnant at all, which is heartbreaking. So I don't love douching for anyone but esp. everyone over 38 or so I prefer you guys stay away from it. Good luck!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ