Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TMI Alert! Help with CM

Ok so I apologise in advance for the TMI!

So I went for a wee today as you do and noticed a lot of egg whitey CM but with some blood in... Should I be worried?

This is my first time in years of not having the mirena so I have not had periods or really any awareness of my cycle other than tender boobs and tummy pains. I am probably experiencing something totally normal but just wanna check as I don't really know where I am in my cycle, I thought I was just coming up to ovulating or just have but no positive OPK. Could the OPK be affected by the hormones that the mirena was giving me or am I still waiting to ovulate I don't know!

Thank you everybody!
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When did you remove the mirena? Did you still get AF regularly on it?

A little blood mixed with EWCM is not uncommon, most often it is due to the softening of the cervix making it more irritable and prone to bleeding. But there are other possibilities too.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No AF at all while having it for 2-3 years. I had It removed on Friday with no pain or problem, bleeding could be from that? I have had very fertile looking CM since Sunday, and had twinges on right side on Sunday evening. I'm just getting used to listening to how my body is working down there so everything seems like a big thing at the moment lol!
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It that case, it could be your body still adjusting to the removal or bc of impending O/softening cervix. Are you OPKing? You might O soon!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is not anything to worry about, it can come from a couple different sources, one is the cervix (this is most likely) and the other is just a bit of lining sloughing off. Neither are any big thing and I'd stil have you try.

If spotting goes on for many months (especially if NOT mixed with EWCM) then that will need to be checked out but one month or even more htan one is not a concern.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dove_love View Post
    No AF at all while having it for 2-3 years. I had It removed on Friday with no pain or problem, bleeding could be from that? I have had very fertile looking CM since Sunday, and had twinges on right side on Sunday evening. I'm just getting used to listening to how my body is working down there so everything seems like a big thing at the moment lol!
    Yes can also be from removal.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oo ok, I am OPKing and having very definite negatives so far! I very foolishly googled this and read horror stories about people having clots of blood golf ball size coming out!! I will carry on then - just one attempt at pos OPK still?
    Thank u x
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!

If you're concerned about missing your positive or would prefer, you could try the ever 4 day method (unprotected sex every 4 days). That is up to you though, I think the one attempt at pos opk is "pinker"

FX for things clearing up soon!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I will wait a little longer with doing OPK I am just being impatient n don't wanna miss first O!
    I started to bleed heavier during the night, but that has now stopped again and my emotions have been all over the place! Not used to all these hormones after having the coil and implant lol!!
    Thank you all for your wonderful patience and answering my questions x
    Tough times don't last,
    tough people DO.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you weren't Oing on the mirena it may take a little while (a few months) for O to return, but of course it could return any day now, too. I'd give yourself 6w off it before seeing a dr about spotting.

My Ovulation Chart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast