Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How is baby doing Kitty???
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes how is baby?. great thread BTW.xxxx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your little girl is so beautiful Atomic, such an innocent little face
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brontė is doing well. She was in the NICU for only 17 days, then she was sent home on caffeine and a monitor. She is 5 weeks old and 5lbs 8oz now. She's quite slow at gaining weight so she is getting one bottle of high calorie formula a day (I've been trying to make sure she gets more hindmilk from me at each feeding too). She is only gaining 3 ounces a week so hopefully adding in some higher calorie milk will get her up to 4-5 ounces of weekly weight gain. Other than that she is doing marvelous. Her brothers absolutely love her! I don't think she has been put down once since she's been home- her brothers are always holding her.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

6. Thanks jdd1017 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I"m so glad she's doing ok!! Grow little girl grow!!

8. Likes Kitty0911 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So glad to hear Kitty! I still can't get over her name *_*

10. Likes Kitty0911 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Growth and love to your new daughter! Love the name.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removģng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

12. Thanks Kitty0911 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Mte -- I think one of the best protocols that could be done here is to alternate the diets of female rats who had already bred when following the opposite diets!

Thank you so much for this thread Kitty, and congrats on your little one!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I may consider doing this, but I don't solely breed them for "scientific" purposes. Their health and the pups health are extremely important to me and the people who purchase them. Breeding a rat more than once can cause some health issues in the babies. I may consider breeding each rat twice (once on LE and once on HE diet) but I really can't do it more than that without risking the pups health. When I started breeding years ago I noticed pups born to mothers who had previously gestated had a very high risk of dying in the first weeks of life. Mothers would have the usual 8 or so pups, but I'd lose half the litter by the time the pups reached 2 weeks of age. The mothers also seem to have a harder time birthing babies when they are bred multiple times. I've had a mother die during a birth after her third breeding. Since switching to breeding only once I have not lost a mother during birth since. The babies' and mothers' health is why I made sure the rats still got their usual pellets during the weeks before mating. I wanted to make sure they were still given access to the proper vitamins and minerals to establish a healthy pregnancy and produce healthy offspring. I'm sure standard rats would do fine with being breed multiple times, but my dumbo rats don't do too well with it.
    Last edited by Kitty0911; May 21st, 2016 at 12:34 AM.

2011 Failed IG sway

2014 Failed GD sway

August 2015

Whoops DUE February 28th 2017 with a BOY! Didn't get a chance to sway for another girl, but this little guy really wanted to be apart of our family. We love him already!

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes trifecta liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty0911 View Post
    I may consider doing this, but I don't solely breed them for "scientific" purposes. Their health and the pups health are extremely important to me and the people who purchase them. Breeding a rat more than once can cause some health issues in the babies. I may consider breeding each rat twice (once on LE and once on HE diet) but I really can't do it more than that without risking the pups health. When I started breeding years ago I noticed pups born to mothers who had previously gestated had a very high risk of dying in the first weeks of life. Mothers would have the usual 8 or so pups, but I'd lose half the litter by the time the pups reached 2 weeks of age. The mothers also seem to have a harder time birthing babies when they are bred multiple times. I've had a mother die during a birth after her third breeding. Since switching to breeding only once I have not lost a mother during birth since. The babies' and mothers' health is why I made sure the rats still got their usual pellets during the weeks before mating. I wanted to make sure they were still given access to the proper vitamins and minerals to establish a healthy pregnancy and produce healthy offspring. I'm sure standard rats would do fine with being breed multiple times, but my dumbo rats don't do too well with it.
    I didn't realize! Obviously their health is the most important thing!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

16. Likes atomic sagebrush, Kitty0911 liked this post
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast