Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bleedig on day 13 of cycle? edit: period late or pregnant?!

Not sure where to put this question. I've written about my short cycles before: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ovulating.html and have seen my gp. My blood was tested and I had mild anemia and vit D deficiency. Since a few months I've been taking my iron pills and vit d pills to get my levels up. Also I limited my stress a lot, so can't blame it on stress anymore either. My last cycle was 22 days (most of the time its 21 days) and on day 13 (yesterday) I started bleeding bright red. It was just a little bit, but never had it before so it was pretty confusing. My ovulation was probably around day 10, but thats only based on the cm and thats not reliable so cant be sure. Should I see my doctor again or is this harmless? I can't be pregnant, we always use protection. Which I know can fail, but thats unlikely I think/hope.
    Last edited by Dana-Alicia; May 4th, 2015 at 04:05 PM.
    Mummy to a girl, born sleeping & two gorgeous & loud little boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably harmless. What happens is that around your ovulation (both a bit before and after) your cervix is quite soft and can get slightly injured and may bleed a little. This is the source of most bright red bleeding when you aren't pregnant (and often when you are LOL) at least around ovulation. Bleeding that "means something" is often brownish or pinkish.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Dana-Alicia thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks, thats a relief!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay I know I might be worrying way too early, but I haven't been getting my period when I expected it, am actually 6 days late now. I took two pregnancy tests, they were both negative. I fear my ovulation came much later than I thought and I may be too early to test. I don't think I'm pregnant, but we did have an oopsy on day 20 of my cycle. Thought it was safe as I was sure my ovulation had come and gone and my period was supposed to be on the 21nd day! Could it be possible I had a super mild period on day 13 of my last cycle and then started a new cycle with a little bit of bleeding and I ovulated right after we had unprotected sex? Noooo I feel so stupid Am so worried because I have such a boy friendly lifestyle now. Really hate to think I blew my last chance without swaying. It's just strange, first getting such short cycles, then spotting and I've never had that before and now this? My hormones are haywire!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No one experienced a sudden longer cycle with spotting in the middle of the cycle? tomorrow I will test again, but am just really hoping someone can assure me they've had it too and all was fine: no baby!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We get a period when we ovulate, but anytime our body has an increase in fertility, whether we ovulate or not, we can have a breakthrough bleed after. So, yes I suppose on day 13, it could have been a breakthrough bleed, and then your body ovulated shortly after...it IS possible, but I am not sure how likely. Hoping it turns out ok for you!

Also, I do spot A LOT from ovulation to AF, but I am still breastfeeding and I think I have mild endometriosis...so I am not sure if what I get is "normal" or not.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Yes I was sure I had my ovulation before the spotting, as I've always been regular and feel my ovulation and get ecwm. Of course not for sure, but I've never had a reason to doubt the obvious fertile signs of my body. So when I was bleeding I didn't think it was anything weird. But it is weird I'm not getting my period, right? With my youngest son I tested positive 9 days after ovulation. And we did not have sex around my ovulation, only on day 20 or 21 of my cycle. I just really hope my ovulation didnt come very late this time. But I fear all i can do is wait and hope for the best...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am hoping you get your AF soon hun but just in my own experience I would sometimes spot between O and AF, though I have read that may be due to the Zoloft I am taking. My cycles are all over the place right now but we're always a steady 31 days before having DS2 and before DS1 as well. The only cycle I distinctly remembering Oing around CD20/21 was when we conceived DS2 though I only remember so well because we were ttc and I was going crazy waiting on a +opk!
    2012 2014 2016

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Im taking lexapro and nsaids which both can affect fertility negatively and delay or even prevent O. But have been on them for over 7 months now and seems kind of weird for it to happen only now? Cramping has stopped, still no AF. Its just freaking me out as I cant use my nsaids during pregnancy and I would need meds before I get pregnant to prevent neural tube defects and thrombosis. Have also been seeing blind spots in my eyes since last night, so I can hardly see even what Im writing, so weird! Like Im getting a migraine, excpt I dont have a headache. Im taking my son to the gp in a few hours as I suspect an earinfection, will ask him what he thinks.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well my gp was helpful as always told me to come back if AF hasn't started next week. So many weird things going on in my body and am reading waaay to much into them. Low and hard cervix? A tumor! CM? Another ovulation! Triplets! Hot flashes? Omg menopauze! I'm so exhausting to be around

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast