Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Troubles with fertility clinic...need advice

My clinic is holding up my treatment beause they want some letter from a psychiatrist saying I'm not going to have anxiety during the pregnancy or after. I've already asked my psychiatrist repeatedly to do this and she's refused, saying it's not her place to say whether I can or cannot do treatment. I have explained this to the clinic and they still are insisting on it, as if we're going to get a different answer. Now I can't even get in touch with her because when I call, it won't let me leave a message and her cell mailbox is full, so I can't leave a message. I'm trying to get another pysch doctor to approve me but I don't know if I can get one in time.

They are doing this to me because I was upset that their nurse kept calling me when I did the first IUI. They tried to force me to be on Zoloft and I don't want to be because I'm worried it could hurt the baby and also, I feel lousy when I withdrawal from it, and that won't be good if I have a baby to care for.

They already mislead me about the percentages of my first treatment to work, now they are delaying my IUI and I don't have time for this. My thyroid can go up at any time, we are slated to have bad weather next month when I would be doing treatment. They know that at my age there is no more time to fool around, I am 40 years old.

I am looking into another clinic, I think I should just forget this place and switch. What do you think?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I remember last time you did freak out and if you did that at the clinic they are likely fearful for you. You were extremely anxious and I am not sure what is different now that changes the way you felt. It sounds like they are refusing treatment so you may have to start somewhere else.

I would make sure you are ready both emotionally and financially for a baby. Babies are a ton of work and a lot of money.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't get upset while at the clinic but I did let them know I didn't want them to continue caling me. I explained I was worried the baby and I would die during delivery if I had a heart condition, and that I was worriedthat if only I died, the baby wouldn't have a father to care for it and only my father and sister.

But I explained to them that I had gotten past those fears and realzed that I was ready.

As for money, my father and sister and niece have enough to help me.

I don't work and my father is retiring, so we can take care of it.

What bothers me is that this clinic did not let me know until after I paid them almost $1000 in tests and consultations, that they would not treat me without this clearance from the pyschiatrist.

I think they should have told me that first, before getting that kind of money out of me for testing. That seems sneaky to me. Had I known they were considering not treating me, I would have consulted with my psych first, let them know she didn't want to participate in the whole thing, and would have found another clinic right away.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree they should have informed you of this before you spent the money for testing.

I would consult with an attorney as to what they say. I've never heard of someone in this situation and thus I feel very limited in my ability to help. I know many a person has had a freakout meltdown during medical care and never had this type of requirement.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am thinking of taking action against them because they did not inform me of any stipulations re:treatment until way too late for me to do anything this cycle.

I'm so afraid this was my last chance to conceive because my thyroid may go up again, delaying treatment for months, as well as we may get snowstorms. I would have had the new clinic lined up months ago if I'd known this.

They also told me they gave treatment to a couple where they suspected he was abusing the wife and she accepted it, but are refusing me over one incident of anxiety.

Are there any steps I could take to assure my thyroid won't go up again? I am thinking of taking extra medicine.

Also, can you get eggs frozen if your thyroid is hypo? I mean if it goes up again and I can't get it under control before my eggs disappear? I had heard people with hypothyroid can't undergo sedation. I also have asthma and heart palps.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly. At the least, they should give your pretesting data to another clinic to save you the expense of having to have the same tests all over again.

Don't adjust your level of thyroid medication without the advice of your doctor. Too much medication could be worse than not enough.

We have had tons of people going HT and swaying with thyroid issues - I can't totally say about the sedation because it's above my pay grade LOL but I would call your regular doctor and ask them.

9. Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just afraid tgey are going to try to sabotage my relationship with the new clinic.

My doctor told me not to adjustthe medicine. It's agony worrying about my thyroid going up again right before I want to do treatment, that has happened many times to me.

I just got some CO-Q 10 w/ubiquinol, had a hard time finding it in that form. But it has soy lechithin, less than 2%, but do you think that could hurt my fertility? I worry about it hurting my thyroid, though my endocrinologist doesn't, but then she isn't one to think diet affects Hashimoto's Disease.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That part, we can't control. To be honest I think they're trying to get rid of you or something and thus I would probably say buh-bye to them happily.

Don't adjust the medicine, that could end up causing even worse side effects than if you'd done nothing.

Soy lechithin is not the component in soy that affects the thyroid. No worries on that.

12. Likes CarolineSinclair liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That part, we can't control. To be honest I think they're trying to get rid of you or something and thus I would probably say buh-bye to them happily.

Don't adjust the medicine, that could end up causing even worse side effects than if you'd done nothing.

Soy lechithin is not the component in soy that affects the thyroid. No worries on that.
    I am set up with my new clinic and so far I like them a lot better, they seem more organized. I can't do treatment until January though because they don't do treatment during December, which I am not happy about, but it is what it is. I just hope and pray my thyroid doesn't go out of whack in the meantime, and that we don't have an ice or snowstorm. I'll walk if I have to if that's the case!

Thanks for the info about soy lechithin, good to know that.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds great, Caroline, I'm so happy for you!!

Please keep us posted on your progress, we're rooting for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast