Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Losing weight with boy sway

How detrimental is it to lose 5-10 pounds? Since I found out I may not be able to conceive, I've really had a hard time accepting my weight gain for this boy sway. My clothes are not fitting well and I'm just not comfortable. The last couple months I had been eating more heavy foods and more snacks/junk food. Since I've read about women increasing fertility by eating whole/unprocessed foods, I've really started to go back to that but it's cutting out a lot of the extra calories and I think I will lose weight. The other problem is I haven't weighed myself in months so I don't even know what I weigh anymore and won't know if or how much I lose. I just want to get back to fitting in my clothes. Anyone have ideas on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been swaying blue for a long time and I gained a ton of weight.. I hated how I looked. So much.. I'm STILL trying to get that weight off. I gave birth to DD in March. I am now heavier than I was 2 weeks postpartum.. /: I'm almost as heavy as I was WHILE I was pregnant.. I finally had to stop and make a change- but I didn't want to ruin my boy sway.

So- I'm lifting every day and doing circuits and cardio daily. BUT I'm keeping my calories high and hardy.. But also wholistic. I've started tracking macros to make sure I'm still doing high protein high carb and lower fat. So right now my breakdown is 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat.

There are ways to lose weight while on the HE diet. Just watch your calories and eat a lot! It can be done! I'm eating 4 heavy meals a day, but they are clean enough calories where I don't exceed my calorie intake limits. You can do the HE diet while eating clean food I know my sway might be hindered.. But I couldn't handle being so heavy.. Especially when I'm supposed to be getting smaller after a recent pregnancy.. I would just suggest make sure you're not losing muscle weight. That's why for me it's important to keep my protein intake high and lift heavy. So I build muscle and burn fat.. Rather than deplete muscle.
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I've been lifting weights and just added yoga. I'm a long distance runner normally so it's been hard to give up the cardio. I also only have time to do weights or cardio a day because of my other kids and work.

What are you eating for carbs? Since I've cut out processed foods, I'm having a more difficult time finding them. I was eating a lot of red meat but now I'm eating more chicken, tuna, and salmon. I'm still eating a lot of nuts and two eggs a day. I'm brainstorming how to add more vegetables as I think I'm not eating enough. Thanks for the advice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've actually been doing oatmeal and two EggWhites and spinach for breakfast. And then my two daytime meals are chicken, green beans, and rice. And then my dinner is 99% lean beef and veggies. So my carbs are from rice and oatmeal! I also use protein powder in my oatmeal to get extra protein in the morning with my eggs. The protein powder I use in my oatmeal is actually a slow release protein meant for overnight, but my meals are never eaten the same time throughout the day so I like that I have a slow release protein in the morning so it helps me all day.
    Rowan Mesler - 3/15
    TTC - since 10/15
    Clomid and IUI #1 - 12/16 was unsuccessful
    Clomid and IUI #2 - 1/10/17 SUCCESS! Currently carrying baby#2!!!
    Jeremiah 17:7 "But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him."

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Losing weight with boy sway

I just want to chime in, since I have 3 boys. I always ate 1500-1800 calories a day (I'm 5ft 4in and weighed between 120-125lbs). I had breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2-3 small snacks a day. I lifted weights 3-5 times a week followed by 30-45min of cardio. Twice a week I would do power yoga instead of lifting. I was either maintaining my weight or losing a bit each time I got pregnant.

You're doing great! You don't have to gain weight or be heavier to get a boy, trust me! With DS3, I was swaying girl and was actively losing weight and eating between 1500-1800 calories a day.

Remember it is your lifestyle and not one thing in particular that will sway.

FX and GL to you!!!

DS1🏼, DS2, DS3 Jan. '16 I'll sway for a DD for my DH!!

7. Likes Nann3r, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not a dealbreaker and I went into more detail in your other thread.

The best way to go for HE Diet when you're losing too much is to get your carbs for your protein + carbs, from fruit and vegetables and nuts. Lose the grains and potatoes (or never start them to begin with) and stick to 1800-2000 or if you can, 2000-2200.

I want everyone on HE Diet to be lifting weights at least 3 days a week and you can go up to 5. It's possible to be adding MUSCLE intead of fat and that will make your clothes fit better even at a higher weight.

Additionally, if you're still gaining weight with all that happening, then it's ok to add in 45 min. of cardio exercise 4 days a week. Do this at a different time of day than the weights or use a program like Taebo that combines the two. This enables you to still use the nutrients present in foods without suffering from the calories in them.

It is a misconception that anyone needs to gain a massive amount of weight on HE. If you're average weight, gain up to 5 lbs. If you're underweight, gain up to 10-15. If you're overweight, don't gain any. No one should be gaining more than 10-15.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I have been lifting weights and not the cardio that I'm used to so I'm sure that's part of it. In the beginning I was really careful about everything I ate but when I went back to work (I work in a school so I was off for the summer), I started slacking and I didn't have enough time to do weights and cardio at different times so that's when the weight gain happened.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely make some positive healthy changes.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also 5-4 and I go between 125-135 - never any more than than that. Got 4 boys at that weight
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ