Thread: +OPK and DTD

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

+OPK and DTD

Hi guys

What im wanting to know is, is there anyone who ovulates 2 to 3 days AFTER a +OPK and that DTD and conceived a girl?

I know timing doesnt sway im just trying to get my head away from a 3 day cut off and more towards DTD at +OPK. I ovulate the very next day after my first +OPK.

Also, anyone get two positives two days in a row when using the OPK? I read in the fertility book i have that the FIRST +OPK you get is the one you use and not any others thereafter.

Thanks

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not that uncommon to O 3 days after your first positive OPK. I very much doubt this affects gender. I can't think of any pink swayers who I know specifically O then but most pink swayers don't chart so they wouldn't know anyway.

Most women O the day after their first positive OPK. Next most common is 2 days later, which is quite common. Remember that these can change from month to month. For example, I usually O the day after my first positive, but occasionally I O 2 days later, or more rarely, the same day as my first positive. I cannot predict in advance when I will O.

Both 1 and 2 days of positive OPKs is considered normal. Again, surge length can vary from cycle to cycle. My surge is 1 day roughly half the time, 2 days most of the rest of the time, and very rarely, 3 days. The length if your surge generally has no impact on how long after you O, UNLESS your surge is 3+ days in which case O is more likely to occur on the day of the last positive OPK (a strong trend I've observed) but could still occur at any other time.

As you can see it is very variable AND unpredictable so it's not worth worrying about! It's why we recommend BDing once at first positive OPK; bc the precise timing DOESN'T matter, so everyone will be covered by that one attempt, whether they O 1, 2 or 3 or even 4-5 days later!
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 17th, 2016 at 03:51 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, people absolutely have done just that. and also yes, people do get positive OPK for more than one day but you should count from first positive and NOT darkest.

I got my girl DTD late at night the day before O (and my O day was confirmed by ultrasound) so that would correspond with DTD the night of positive OPK (day before O) for you. I have 3 boys with 3ish day cutoffs (and maybe 4, the other was a sneak attack) So I have 4 timing opposites.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and as for being variable and unpredictable, keep in mind that most people only pay attention a few months out of their lives anyway and just because they happened to get OPK and O in a certain pattern in a month they conceived XX or XY, that DOESN'T MEAN that they usually did that, or that they always woudl do that, or that it affected the gender of their baby at all anyway.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you - makes total sense to me! Im more in favour of the +OPK now.

Thank you both x

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It drives me crazy bc over on Fertility Friend, the charting website, most women claim they've always had perfect 28 day cycles their whole lives, even though they've never charted before. It almost always turns out that their assumption was wrong. Even after months of charting many will claim that late O or longer/shorter cycles are unusual for them. It's this very strange form of willful ignorance. Variation is so much more common than perfect consistency, but that's not what we are taught. Many drs are still woefully ignorant too.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    me too and it applies to people who are not swaying or anything, they start charting and their cycles seem to go bat guano crazy but the reality is they were ALWAYS cray-cray and they just never really realized it. I mean when you're busy and young in high school/college you just don't always pay attention (I had super long cycles in HS but if I hadn't been up to speed on cycle length I probably wouldn't ever have noticed) and then a lot of people are on BCP at least part of that time so they may be remembering BCP cycles. Most people start charting when they start paying attention.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Drs and teachers are useless, much of the time saying downright incorrect info.

11. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes they nearly always include BCP cycles which are not actually cycles in most women!

Also in dorms cycles often get thrown off by women nearby. My cycles were usually 28 days when living alone but I lived in dorms from age 12-20, excluding summers/brief breaks. Most of the women cycled together and I know I personally am very easily affected by other women.

My Ovulation Chart

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post