Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Accuracy of gender dreams

So dh is going to find out the gender this week and I have been stressing a lot about it. I don't know and I'm hoping he keeps it a secret from me. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I sometimes think about it. That's how stressed I've been! Last night I had a dream someone came to reveal it to us and it was another girl. I was crying and upset in my dream. I know a lot of women have accurate dreams about the sex but I've never had one at all. Do you think it's still an accurate dream if it's been something you're stressing over? Kind of like intuition goes out the window when you have a preference.

And yes I know there is no scientific evidence in dreams but have seen them be right for many women.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had dreams of a baby girl in both pregnancies before I knew the gender. Baby number 1 was a boy, number 2 was a girl. I was hoping to hear girl in both pregnancies, so I think it was definitely my longing for a daughter that made me dream of a baby girl - not intuition.

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm thanks. So maybe my fear of hearing girl again is causing me to have these dreams. Dh was so sad in my dream and I know that's how he'll be in real life. It's so stressful waiting to hear the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure it's because the thought of a baby girl is in your mind a lot, hence it finds its was into your dreams. I've never had a great intuition about things, even when I've been convinced about something I'm often wrong. So if I had a dream about a baby girl that would make me think I was having the opposite lol!!!! Don't read much into it, I think it's just your subconscious fears coming out.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh thanks it must be! In my dream my dh thought it said boy at first and got excited before he got kind of sad. It seemed so real and made me upset when I woke up. I told my dh today I wish I hadn't even had another one because I'm so upset about this. In the past he's talked extensively about wanting a boy and even cried when he found out dd2 was a girl. After I freaked out today he told me either way he'd be happy. I wish it was me that wanted a specific gender. I think I'd feel less stressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I definitely understand how feeling even unintentional pressure from a partner can make this harder. It might be something worth talking more about with him.

As for dreams -- they're not premonitions, they are still our mind processing all sorts of things. I'm having a girl and really wanted a boy, but my first gender dream this pregnancy was of having a girl with down syndrome, and then having a baby of a different race? Just out there.

I was pretty convinced by my nuchal scan it was a girl, but the week before my anatomy scan I had an intensely vivid dream of finding out it's a boy at the scan. Nope, still girl, but REALLY threw me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. Likes Quinn31 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I definitely understand how feeling even unintentional pressure from a partner can make this harder. It might be something worth talking more about with him.

As for dreams -- they're not premonitions, they are still our mind processing all sorts of things. I'm having a girl and really wanted a boy, but my first gender dream this pregnancy was of having a girl with down syndrome, and then having a baby of a different race? Just out there.

I was pretty convinced by my nuchal scan it was a girl, but the week before my anatomy scan I had an intensely vivid dream of finding out it's a boy at the scan. Nope, still girl, but REALLY threw me!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. When I was freaking out today he did assure me that he'd be happy either way and I know he'll love our baby regardless. A part of me would like to experience a boy as well and my oldest dd is so convinced it's a boy because she really wants a brother. Pressure everywhere!!

Your dreams are so interesting. Did they concern you at all? My dreams are usually very crazy but this one was so realistic it freaked me out.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe dreams are predictions, I think they are expressions of our subconscious. I'm very familiar with how you feel, I've been there and I've lived the "bad" outcome of your dream. But my DH did not react the way I feared he would, I'm sure yours will not also. I really wish for you that this is your boy, but if it is a girl there is no point beating yourself up about it... Stop putting this pressure on you, it can only do harm. Things happen the way they do and most times it's beyond our control, what we can control though is the way we see them and deal them. I hope you'll hear the news you long for soon!!!!
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

12. Thanks Quinn31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only gender dreams I've had have been very vivid and real. I saw ds3 the night before my scan and I knew my sway had given me the sweetest opposite ever. It helped to process the confirmation. There were no gender clues at my 12 week scan with him but I had a very strong gut feeling.
    With dd, I saw her twice in my dreams and again I just knew she was a girl. Despite my very persistent GD since 2007, I'd never dreamed of a girl during any of my three sons' pregnancies at all.

Three beautiful boys and my longed-for DD due in June 2016!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    50% of people are also accurate at guessing a coin flip too.

Dreams do not predict gender and they ESPECIALLY do not predict gender for us.

I only ever had one dream in my life where I had a girl and it was when I was pregnant with DS 3.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast