Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: salt

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

salt

Is salt a huge part of the girl sway? This is my hardest thing to get use to!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Salt is for the boy diet only.... less then 800mg for the girl diet or no added salt if you can. You need a min of 1,000 for your health but most people tend to eat food that has a lot of sodium in it. Once you start counting you will notice if you ate a lot or not. I used to eat 2,500-5,000 on any given day and I reduced it to 1,200.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; September 20th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The guidelines on the LE diet for sodium are 700mg-1000mg each day and Atomic believes it's the least important of the nutritional aims (lower calories/fat/protein/nutrients being more important).
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. I hope Atomic is right...I just ate more than 1000 with an organic frozen meal and a few crackers. I may have to hope my weight loss (due to BF), cranberries, milk, crystal light and suppliments even it out. I am cutting out most red meat, too and plan to use replens or rephresh and a lime tampon. Not sure what to do about timing. O+12 is scary to me because I have a really hard time identifying peak even with opks...going to do more BBT testing this month. With both boys I had frequent release on O day with lots of CM. I will probably do sudafed too.

Haven't decided if I should invest in the special lamps, fans, ect or if I should jump and dump...any thoughts appreciated!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you posted your planned sway as a separate thread? You might get more views (and advice!) if you do that!

Frozen meals are not at all easy to fit in to the low everything diet. I did find a couple in the end to use as a standby but most convenience food is absolutely stuffed with salt!

I'm not sure that it makes sense to use a lime tampon with Rephresh because Rephresh 'sticks' to the walls of your V and keeps working to balance the pH of anything which arrives on the scene back to around 4.5-5. So when Semen or EWCM arrive with a higher pH than this, it lowers it - but if you put in a lime tampon (which sounds way too scary to me anyway!) and the pH is low, the Rephresh is going to bring your pH back up anyway!

I agree that it's a good idea to use something to dry up your EWCM (although the diet does a pretty good job of that also) but you could also consider an antihistimine (like Zyrtek) as Sudafed is not a good idea when used with blood thinners in young women (like cranberry). Do you know which antihistimines/Sudafed are ok when BFing? I was BFing when I started planning our sway but I can't remember!

When you say you conceived your boys with frequent release on O day, do you mean you DTD several times on O day or that you did frequent release leading up to O day? How many days in a row did you do - and how old are you and DH?

JAD is something extra you can do to lower 'your' sperm count but it might be overkill if you're doing lots else so it's up to you - you could drop it if you weren't getting pregnant. FWIW, we did one and got pregnant (we had one attempt on O day).
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    zanacal, thanks so much!!

This is all awesome information for me. I have both refresh and replens. With refresh, I just put a fingertip at the entrance to V, right? With replens I quirt half a dispenser thing, right?

I am 31, DH is 33. We did frequent release around O day with our sons. My DH was a smoker with both of them and quit this year...I know smoking should sawy girl, but his health is more important, right!

I will check on Zyrtek with BF. I am close to stopping BF - I work full time and DS is now 8 months...I may wait for my full attempt another month or two to give him time to ween.

Fingers so very crossed...most importantly I want a healthy family, but I want a girl so very much!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With rephresh, you need to squirt some of the tube up there! Check out other threads on frequent release as some have released more than once a day, it depends on how much you need to decrease the sperm count and if you did once a day before, maybe you need to up it this time to reduce numbers further, gl!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a BIg salt eater and have 4 boys. I'm cutting it mostly out for my girl sway
    Deb
    Mom to 4 awesome ages 15, 13, 11, and 4
    Boy#5 due 12/19/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With the Rephresh it's a bit of guess work I'm afraid! I used an entire applicator every 3 days starting after AF finished and my last application was 48 hours before our attempt. Others start off using that much but then back off if they're not getting pregnant.

FWIW, I think DTD several times around O would sway blue because it's not enough to lower your DH's sperm count and it means you're adding lots of sperm inside you at your most fertile time. If you're going to do frequent release for a girl sway you need to have him release at least once a day for 7-10 days prior to your fertile time - and then you may choose to only have one 'real' attempt (where he actually releases inside you) or more if you want to up your chances of pregnancy.

I don't think you need to stop BFing if you're not ready for that. Here's the swaying while breastfeeding thread:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-breastfeeding
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onehealthybaby View Post
    Is salt a huge part of the girl sway? This is my hardest thing to get use to!
    OHB I have an essay in the works regarding salt. I have studied up on salt quite a bit of late and I am convinced it's ~probabl~ not something that sways very hard (if it sways at all). At least one study showed high sodium intake in rats = more girls, rather than boys. Plus, with the taste for salt that all humans and mammals have, it is unlikely to me that all the baby girls on the planet were being born to women eating very little salt.

The LE diet recipes that I am now posting in the Dream Members section are all designed to be low in sodium and so people can include that if they choose, but like the PP said, I feel that's the least important aspect of diet by far.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast