Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by 4blue2pink; December 17th, 2020 at 02:35 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have had 2 people on here who had to use this method for conception and both got girls with an otherwise blue sway (both wanted boys). So i assure you it's def. possible!! In support of your idea both those ladies had limited sperm with which to work and did not have many attempts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do believe AI swwys pink. In the case of that particular sperm donor, I think one attempt is much more of a pink sway factor, though.

I was conceived via a single AI attempt (my legal father is sterile) and have been TTC and swaying pink for a while now using AI, though lately with multiple attempts as I've been trying so long. I am widowed and using a known sperm donor.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Thanks 4blue2pink thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, they are pretty similar except you do lose a little semen as you noted, and there are some chemical/biological differences (no arousal fluid on the woman's part, no physical/mental arousal -which msy play some role - or orgasm). While those differences may be small, if there is only one AI attempt all month vs a couple having sex every few days so that the woman is regularly aroused and exposed to semen, those differences add up, probably more than we realise.

Could you outline your insemination procedure (from filled syringe on) for me? What position exactly are you in when you inject it, what size syringe inserted how far, etc? Maybe you can help me improve my technique! Also, did you ever notice little clear gummy blobs in the semen even after 20 minutes of liquefying?

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much! I wonder if I inject the semen too quickly. I did it over about 5 seconds every time. I'm doubtful that fast injection rips the tails off but some sort of damage could be possible, I imagine. Over how long a time period did you inject?

I hsve been using 5ml syringes which are quite a bit shorter than 10ml ones, but the 10ml ones are also quite a bit thicker and I found it painful the one time I tried. I had to squirt it back into the bowl and draw it up in a 5ml syringe, ugh what a waste! I wonder if I should try to stretch myself out a bit to make the 10ml fit comfortably? One of my big concerns is the semen not getting close enough to my cervix. I inject with my butt in the air, head and shoulders on the bed, and try to keep my vagina as vertical as possible, bc I had issues with the semen just pooling near my entrance when I injected in the position you did.

Of course you wouldn't notice globs drawing from a condom, stupid me! I also didn't notice them every time...so it may be an occasional thing anyway.

I am using a latex free syringe and inserting the 5ml all the way as you described. I think this is my 5th cycle using AI, though 2 cycles I inseminated too late, just after O, and last cycle snd this cycle are the only times I've had multiple attempts in my fertile period. I had O-3 and O-1 timing last cycle and O-4 and O-1 this cycle.

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We were having them O before insemination so to some extent that was controlled-for.

Would also be interested in reading particulars if you're comfy sharing.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok haha did not scroll down far enough, thank you!

11. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never bought into that IG idea that the syringing is damaging sperm, because sperm go thru centrifuges and stuff with sperm spinning and are not harmed to such an extent that it prohibits conception. People get pregnant with sperm that have undergone extensive manipulation in a lab so I doubt even a vigorous syringing could be harming sperm.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 10th, 2016 at 11:38 AM.

13. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, they ARE harmed by centrifuges and processing. Not all of them, but a small percentage.

I couldn't possibly aim at my cervix even if I wanted to as it is extremely tilted. I don't have much freedom to aim anyway. It just goes in parallel to my vagina. Hopefully that's okay!

My Ovulation Chart

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, whatever. I'm not trying to have a quibble fest here. I'm trying to reassure people that since people DO get pregnant with sperm going through centrifuges, that it's relatively unlikely that even a very vigorous syringing is harming a batch of sperm to such an extent that it will inhibit pregnancy with at home insemination. Better?

I write dozens if not hundreds of posts in a day and sometimes type very quick, and hope that you guys can get the spirit of what I'm saying and not parse my words looking for some kind of error of wording when I make it (which I certainly will, at times)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast