Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Who Can Figure This One Out?!?!

Some of you might have read some of my other posts in the past week about our 1st attempt at swaying this month. I thought things were going as planned... usually ovulate on CD 12/13 and I thought I had (all the signs were there and I got a faint OPK which is typically all I've been getting the past few months). So then CD 17 I have EWCM like crazy (even though I already had it earlier in the cycle and had gone to sticky/dry already) and more cramping so I decided to take an OPK just to make sure. Darkest brightest OPK I've ever seen. So I thought somehow my ovulation got delayed this month. So we DTD again. Keep taking opk tests... and I have gotten positive OPK CD 17,18,19, and 20 and my CM has gone from EWCM to sticky to dry. I'm really confused b/c my cycles are only 26-27 days long so ovulating this late in the cycle is not a good thing. But can I really have that many positive opk??? Especially when my EWCM was only there on CD 17? So I go to google it (thinking I have PCOS or some other issue) and come up with that OPK can detect pregnancy very early sometimes! Now I have my hopes up that maybe I really did ovulate on CD 12/13 like I thought and all this other stuff is early preggo signs. Anyone else EVER heard of such a thing? Or gotten a positive OPK before a positive pregnancy test? If you look at my temps, it would indicate that I ovulated on CD 12/13. This is insane... this is my 4th child (5th pregnancy) and I have never been this worked up about it before! This is crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you could just be having a longer cycle than normal
    OPKs can pick up the hcg, though, how many dpo are you if you ovulated the first time?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you may be preggo...have you tested???

The alternative is that you tried to O once on CD 12-13, then that didn't happen. You actually DID O on CD 17 and just through one of those weird things that happens sometimes. Pos OPK just means that the OPK is detecting levels of hormone in your body, so if your body had a little extra hormone after ovulation, you can still get a positive. It's just one of those things that happens sometimes.

Please know that if you did/do ovulate late in the cycle, your LP will simply adjust to happen after you O. So rather than having a very short LP, you'll most likely have a nice normal LP and something in the range of a 33-34 day cycle.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for responding ladies! All the positive OPKs in a row late in my cycle really threw me for a loop. I did end up getting only a faint line a few days later so I'm not sure if I was really pregnant if an OPK would go from positive to negative (although I was using an expired test). I am still having a lot of sticky CM (even though I am always dry after ovulation) and cramping continuosly. I have my hopes up but I took a HPT today and it was negative... but it's still really early (11-12 dpo if I go by my first supposed ovulation date... I would only be like 7 dpo if I ovulated at the later date). But my temps are triphasic Which also makes me think my first date was right. So that gives me hope! I just need to be patient. Good thing I have a crazy hectic week... lots to keep my mind off of it! And not run to the bathroom every 5 minutes and test

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OPK's just mean that there is elevated LH, you may not actually O. I have had a +OPK and then not ovulated until a week later (I knew b/c of BBT) and it was probably delayed due to stress (I was making a friend's b-day cake) I also get almost +OPK's all the time, that's just my body I guess, around O I get a really really dark line and that is how I know O is coming (if I am not making a wedding cake lol)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks carmella, I totally agree. Pos OPK do not necessarily mean you are Oing.

Soontobesix, any news??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Thanks carmella, I totally agree. Pos OPK do not necessarily mean you are Oing.

Soontobesix, any news??
    Just got AF... really, really late Talk about frustrating and confusing. Oh well. Learned more about myself this month and now on to the next cycle! As always, thanks for all your feedback ladies!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stb6 it could be as Atomic suggested with your body gearing to O as normal then that not happening. Stress can def delay O and it's possible that happened. I'm sorry AF showed and I hope this next cycle is more typical for you.
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobesix View Post
    Just got AF... really, really late Talk about frustrating and confusing. Oh well. Learned more about myself this month and now on to the next cycle! As always, thanks for all your feedback ladies!
    It's good that it was late though because that means that your LP is good, even though you Oed late!

Good luck for next month!!