Thread: microscopes ?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy microscopes ?

hi peeps i know there is not much talk about EGS on here but i was wondering if any of you still used microscopes, if so do you have a good one ? and where did you get it from ? looking to buy one soon but not sure which one to get, as it needs a colour wheel on it, didnt want to spend too much, any help will be appreciated, many thanks x

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any of the ones on Toys R us website should work. I don't know what they are still saying over there but I just want to make sure you understand that you absolutely cannot tell the difference between female and male sperm. If they could, all the high tech gals would always end up with the right gender when they do IVF because the embryologist would be able to select the "right" sperm for fertilization. You cannot see a 2% difference with any microscope either. They developed a machine with lasers and dye to measure the difference(Microsort) because a human cannot do the same thing.

I am not trying to bad mouth what they say but one of the reasons we started this site was because some of the information over there is just flat out wrong and very misleading.

There is definitely valid research about swaying out there and that is what we have included and the recommendations that are made on here come from. It's certainly anyone's perrogative to talk about EGS on here or spell it out but the whole microscope part and picking sperm is just so misleading I wanted to post before you go spending all this money on that gear.

We have added a new MD in the ask the experts section on here and she is going to be posting some specifics on what she has seen in the lab RE XX vs XY sperm. She has NOT had a chance to post it yet, but hopefully soon. We do have an Embryologist in the Ask the Experts section and if you would like to post a question and get her opinion about identifying or home sorting semen, I am sure she would be happy to give her opinion- I am not sure if anyone has posted a question like that to her so far or I would let you know what she has said about it because you do have to be a member to post in there.

Anyway, toys r us has quite a few listed on there- looks like 80-$100 is what you can expect to pay.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a great post that should help with the gear-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...4858#post64858
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the one from Toys 'R' US.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also wanted to point out that what they will say on IG, that you can tell the diff. between X and Y sperm on the basis of how they swim rather than their size, is also highly unlikely to be true. People tend to see what they want to see when they look under the microscope, so they convince themselves that their sort worked on the basis of what they see, but there is no way to know that it is true or if it is totally wishful thinking. Again, to echo NBP, if it were possible to look under a microscope and tell X from Y sperm, every RE in the country would be doing it but they aren't because it just isn't possible.

I don't want to be a Negative Nelly or deter you in any way if your gut tells you to go with EGS, I just want to have the accurate info out there and for everyone to get their DG. I personally believe the reason EGS seems to work is because the people who are the most highly motivated do EGS and they are also doing other things to sway religiously. My concern with EGS is that it has the potential to raise testosterone levels and inadvertently sway blue, not to mention that it will take a lot longer for you to get pg that way and makes it more likely that people drop things that actually DO sway, like diet.

Even Dr. Ericcson in his sperm spinning clinics, can't get 80% sperm sort, in laboratory conditions with trained technicians. It's very hard for me to believe that gals at home can get those kind of numbers using sugar water, egg white, and toy microscopes. Again, I don't mean to deter you, but I think they can be very convincing on the EGS board and people begin to feel that they have a guarantee.

I have a microscope that I got secondhand from the University of Idaho (for homeschooling, not EGS) but you can find them on eBay as well. MPO is that you are better off getting a real microscope rather than a toy one and you can always resell it when you're done.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok thanks very much for all your help, its very confusing not sure which way il go now, will have to have a good think x