Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is the egg healthy with a late O?

I'm approaching cd70 and was wondering if I ever do O, will the egg even be healthy or should I not attempt this cycle? If I get to cd 80 and still havn't O'd I am calling the doc anyways to jumpstart things. But by some miracle if I O soon is the egg going to be healthy?
    and IVF/PGD

Cycle #1 - Antagonist protocol
    AFC=24

5/30: start stims (187.5 gonal f), 6/2: decrease gonal to 150 add 1 vial menopur , 6/5: add 2nd vial of menopur, 6/6: add ganirelix, 6/9: no meds, do trigger, 6/11: ER 21 retrieved, 13 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6/16: transferred 1 XX...bfp! Betas: 10dp5dt 283, 12dp5dt 807, 19dp5dt 8762, 7/21: 7w5d HB 155!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, the egg isn't ovulated until it is "ready", I wouldn't worry about it! (oh, and some believe that late ovulation sways pink too): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7...?dopt=Abstract

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had that same problem of ovulating really late in my cycle when ttc's my DS. I unfortunately tried for a year and couldn't get pregnant. I blamed it on the late ovulation. My dr. started me on femara and I started ovulating on days 14-20, and got pregnant my 4th cycle trying. Just my 2 cents.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    According to my RE any O that happens after CD 21 is a 'bad egg.'

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pregnant and ovulated on day 27 I was told it was fine. x

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Chicky, I would definitely see the doc to jumpstart things now. Hope it works out for you, x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
    I'm approaching cd70 and was wondering if I ever do O, will the egg even be healthy or should I not attempt this cycle? If I get to cd 80 and still havn't O'd I am calling the doc anyways to jumpstart things. But by some miracle if I O soon is the egg going to be healthy?
    My understanding is that the egg is fine. I would not hesitate at all to TTC. The egg doesn't really start to develop until your hormones are correct anyway - until then it's just "sleeping". Those eggs have been sleeping in your ovaries since before you were born.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcjustone View Post
    According to my RE any O that happens after CD 21 is a 'bad egg.'
    Hmmm...I try not to argue with REs but I completely disagree with this. (esp CD 21, which is still very very normal.) People get pg all the time from long cycles (and certainly cycles that are only a WEEK longer than normal!!!!). All those women who were told they were infertile and then suddenly get pg out of the blue, they were from extremely long cycles. I suspect that he/she is erring on the safe side.

There is probably a slight decrease in egg quality over the course of time (the eggs that were developing might begin to deteriorate) and more importantly a decrease in the quality of the lining which can make it harder for fertilized eggs to implant. But this does not translate into genetic defects...if an egg is deteriorated it simply won't fertilize and you won't get pg. I would have no qualms at all with TTC in a long cycle.

Here is a fertility doctor's blog and he states a couple times that long cycles are not problematic.

http://www.fertility.ca/2008/06/how-...r-egg-quality/

And here is an explanation from another doctor that states the egg will just not fertilize if it actually is bad.

http://pcoscommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12010
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ