Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

newbie.. IG ruined my sway twice!

I know this is so silly but please someone offer me advice. I have just come from IG after trying the boy diet and actually getting so many headaches from the lack of calcium and I thought to myself ' this doesn't seem right' so I started looking for other alternatives and found gd. I have since been trying to just bulk up by eating whatever I want (though I have still been drinking lemon water, putting salt on everything, eating more cereal, bananas and almonds) but eat healthy. I have gained 2 pounds on my new diet plan and things seem to be going good, I also taking folic acid and fish oil. I have been temping and notice I almost always religiously o on the 18th day of my cycle (31 day cycle) my plain was just to bulk up by eating more calories since I usually have under 2000 a day (not a big eater and weigh 120 pds) when it came to the first attempt which should have been this month I had it in my head that I would get an opk to pinpoint o while also temping, once I got my solid smile on the opk I would bd at least 3 times in that time period and then cross my fingers and pray. IG ruined things for me for a second time now

I know everyone here is very against the moon signs but it seems so accurate for way too many people including my DD. Since my cycles are so predictable ( period the 12th of every month, o the 18th day of cycle) I checked to calender only to notice I am in a girl sign the ENTIRE year! I can't help but be distraught.. i try finding debunking articles and come up with nothing. I even tested it on 10 of my friends and relatives and it was right for all 10.. how is this possible?! For such a system that many people brush aside how does one explain its accuracy? I have been so depressed I have literally lost the 2 pounds i have worked hard for and have completely sabotaged my whole sway. Please someone offer me some kind of hope or advise. I truly feel like I am morning the loss of a child I will never have. I usually don't buy into any of this stuff but the accuracy is crazy.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI and welcome J, glad you found us!

Be sure you add in a prenatal or multivitamin because we've had outstanding results with those for blue.

I always hear from tons of people about the moon signs claiming 100% accuracy on IG, but whenever I am taking part in a thread on them (including when I was ON IG for 3 years before we made this site), they're always 50-50. Depending on the site I use I get 3 right, 2 wrong, or 2 right, 3 wrong. I do not for one minute believe that they work. I have seen many people who got opposites with them and this includes when I was on IG and thus the 100% success rate they are claiming on there simply cannot be honest since I personally know many IG people who it didn't work for. I haven't taken time out of my life to research and debunk them, because they are so obviously silly (and I think that is what most other legitimate sources think as well and thus there is a lack of articles debunking them - not because they can't be debunked, but because they're so silly, why bother). I just hate taking time away from my kids and the other people who need my help, for something that simply cannot be true, if that makes any kind of sense.

If swaying works, and our results indicate that it does, it has to be for some real biological reason that makes it more likely for a baby of one gender vs. another to survive to adulthood to pass down genes to future generations. Not magic or mysticism, biology. I can't explain why they seem so accurate for people you know, but all I can say is that it doesn't mesh with my experience.

I suggest focusing on what you CAN control instead of worrying about the things you can't. Diet, weight lifting, multivitamins, etc those things are actually working for people. You can't change the moon and I would not recommend waiting a year!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks DesiG thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to just move forward with my sway next month and cross my fingers. Will any prenatal due? Also I forgot to add that I am also taking l-arginie ( dh is taking l-arginie and zinc) once I hopefully get my bfp how soon should I drop the folic acid, fish oil and l-arginie?

Also just making sure in terms of bd. I have the clearblue digital ovulation test which tests for your 4 most fertile days ( flashing smile meaning high fertility and solid smile meaning peak) It states that the peak smile will happen 24-36 hours before the egg is released. I just want to make sure I understand, I should NOT have unprotected sex until I see that peak fertility and once I see it make sure to bd at least 3-5 times is that correct?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions I really appreciate it

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ** those 3-5 bd sessions should be in a 24 hour period or 36?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by j2015 View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to just move forward with my sway next month and cross my fingers. Will any prenatal due? Also I forgot to add that I am also taking l-arginie ( dh is taking l-arginie and zinc) once I hopefully get my bfp how soon should I drop the folic acid, fish oil and l-arginie?

Also just making sure in terms of bd. I have the clearblue digital ovulation test which tests for your 4 most fertile days ( flashing smile meaning high fertility and solid smile meaning peak) It states that the peak smile will happen 24-36 hours before the egg is released. I just want to make sure I understand, I should NOT have unprotected sex until I see that peak fertility and once I see it make sure to bd at least 3-5 times is that correct?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions I really appreciate it
    I personally like Women's One a Day (not the prenatal, just the women's) it has a nice level of nutrients and a higher than normal amount of Vit. D which we have found to be good for blue.

I do not recommend L-arg for women any more as we had several people's cycles be very messed up with it and their CM dry up. Then several people got girls anywya when taking it and it just seems like way more trouble than it was worth.

how much zinc for DH?? The high levels recommended on IG are not safe and may even sway pink if they build up to toxic levels and harm his sperm health. No more than 25 mg max for him.

Yes, if you are trying to be inline with Shettles but still having the 3 attempts, you would wait for peak, and then have an attempt that night, the next morning if possible, and then again the next night. If you can sneak in a couple more in there, great. If you can't, that's ok too. You can keep going after that if you want to, one time a day or every other day, in case your O is delayed for some reason.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ** those 3-5 bd sessions should be in a 24 hour period or 36?
    Doesn't matter. however it shakes out, it's all still in Shettles' window.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not necessarily trying to do shettles because I know it's unreliable I just want to do whatever I can to up my chances. Should I just bd throughout my fertile period and just bd more during my peak? I will discontinue l-arginie immediately. . The zinc he is taking is 50 I couldn't finf anything less. However the month I conceived dd we were not trying to sway but he was taking zinc and I was taking b6. I'm wondering if zinc just sways girl for my dh

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just passing by and thought Preseed. Seems to work quite well (if I were doing a boy sway, Preseed would be one of the first things I would invest in). Good luck! x
    Last edited by bunnywabbit; May 1st, 2016 at 03:53 PM.

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes DesiG liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not necessarily trying to do shettles because I know it's unreliable I just want to do whatever I can to up my chances. Should I just bd throughout my fertile period and just bd more during my peak? I will discontinue l-arginie immediately. . The zinc he is taking is 50 I couldn't finf anything less. However the month I conceived dd we were not trying to sway but he was taking zinc and I was taking b6. I'm wondering if zinc just sways girl for my dh
    What we've been having success with is DTD unprotected every 2-4 days (this may sway blue and also boosts fertility as well) all thru the cycle and then hit it with 3 attempts in peak fertility at or around pos OPK.

I'd have him reduce the 50 mg zinc to 2x a week. 50 a day is a borderline toxic dose unless he was known to be deficient. OR, you can give him a men's vitamin that has less than 50 mg in it. Usually there are more reasonable doses in the multivitamins than in nutrients taken separately.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywabbit View Post
    Just passing by and thought Preseed. Seems to work quite well (if I were doing a bit sway, Preseed would be one of the first things I would invest in). Good luck! x
    we've had good results.

13. Likes DesiG liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast