Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm looks like DH and I were swaying blue? unintentionally when we conceived DS in June 2011.

We were trying to time O (I didn't know at the time you had to check OPk more then once a day, heck I think when I thought I was father out closer to AF Id check every other day duh! Dumb idea to try and save on the expensive OPKs that were making me frown cause i wasn't getting smilies. Apparently, I was missing them.

Anyway at first we'd try and bd one or twice a month guessing when O was (never seem to got positive OPk and think I was basing only on period and CM which tends to confuse me.

Then in June we bd like every two days and maybe every other day? I'm Trying to remember. Mostly In the day I believe it was.

Sounds like we were going blue?
    Last edited by Alicewonder; May 25th, 2013 at 03:36 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, sounds like it to me!

now you can see how handy the IC's can be (Internet Cheapie OPK) because you can test 2-3 times a day and not even worry about the expense because you can get like 100 of them for the cost of 1 of the Clearblues.

BTW a lot of people ahve the misconception that you have to BD spot on O to get pg, but you really don't. Sperm can live inside you for days and days prior to ovulation and go onto fertilize the egg. So please don't feel like you HAVE to time sex to be right on O day in order to get pg, you can get pg even up to a week before (it's not that likely, but it is believed possible).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So timing doesn't effect sway but its the frequency his sperm are released at. Correct? And my diet?

Dh- usually skips breakfast and he's lost like 50-60lbs since 2011 (I was preg with DS and he gained with more when I was preg he was 5' 7" 255-260 and now is more like 205lbs recently due to getting laid off last September and his eating habits changed (before it was ALOT more Soda and RICH foods and McDonalds) then icky Cdiff he caught (people who've been taking loads of antibiotics get it but Dh wasn't and got Super sick (he was in bathroom like constantly gross!
    Maybe tmi ) anyway he caught it from probably someone not washing hands.
    He took like 10 days of pills. And now Feels a lot better.

Dh doesn't drink caffeine except like soda. ( Im the coffee drinker at usally 2 cups day with a spleda. Then 2 more on like a Friday Night. He usually has subway (chicken,meatball or ham) or lunch meat sandwich (ham) actually we both usually do. Sometimes he also has sub dinner or soup (his eating habits are due to where he works.

We should change this right? Dh days he's willing to if it means a better chance at getting a daughter. DH is totally on board. He's even willing to switch too tighty whities from his loose boxers lol

Oh, and we haven't been DTD cause dr told us that I needed to wait to do anything cause I wasn't having my period (i just kind of got it back) and if we didn't want conceive ASAP that we should wait. Sounds like poppycock to me though but I'm no expert. Anyway so he Takes care of himself like 2 times a week. And kind of good to cause since he caught the CDiff we didn't want me to catch that too.

Also, how often should DH. *ahem take care of himself?

How will any of this effect our pink sway?

Wow! That is such a better price. I'm gonna plan on ordering by this weekend ( I think someone said wondofos?) and try n learn the lines. I keep screwing up temping cause the weather is making me either chilly or stuffy that leaves me with horrible drainage. That and if DS gets up. I like go to bed late (to see DH when he comes home (like 12:00am-2 most nights).

I got the clear blues after AF left this month cause I'm soo darn antsy to find out when and if I'm O'ing. Testing like around 2:20 in afternoon. So far nothing but AF just ended like last Wednesday. Making it about 8 days long. So weird cause before DS I had like really short 4-6 day periods and 32 day cycle.
    Last edited by Alicewonder; May 27th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to bombard you with all this info. I just trying to give you a clear view.

Thanks Again!!
    Last edited by Alicewonder; May 27th, 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have time to answer in depth but OMword do not waste Clearblues if you have only just gotten off AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not going to ovulate until CD (cycle day) 10-14 at the earliest, so please don't waste your money testing if you only just got off AF (depending on when you get AF, that is.)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should clarify I didn't use the OPk until I was sure AF left no spotting that was like I started OPk Thursday, I'm on CD 13 now.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help!

Hi I am ttc a girl in september. I'm 29. DH is 41. I'm confused about timing and frequency of BD.
    Should we do the 7-10 day abstinence and one time attempt at O-1
    or
    Frequent release or frequent BD?
    I just want to increase my chances of conceiving and I would love to have a DD!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please do not do abstain if your husband is over 35.

Wanting to increase your chances of conceiving and also doing frequency sometimes don't work out too well together BUT I would have you try FR with one attempt at pos OPK.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 11th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering about not abstaining when over 35 - what if both DH and I are 35? I will turn 35 in September and DH on 30 November. If we TTC when he is up to 6 months from his 35 birthday would that be OK or pushing it too much? There is no way either of us would have the energy for FR for 7-10 days and there is no way I could get him to FR by himself even once. The only thing I would be able to do is get him to BD once a week. When we conceived DS we BD every 1.5 days in the fertile window (so thursday night, saturday morning, sunday afternoon and monday evening).

So my question is, when we are saying not to abstain over 35, do we mean 35 and over strictly, or do we mean 36 and over? Sorry if that sounds weird or stupid.

At this moment in time, I am thinking we may start TTC in Jan/Feb 2014 but it could be earlier depending on what role I go back to in September at work.

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't say what is ok and what isn't. That's your call to make.

There is no magic switch that gets flipped when your husband has his 35th birthday, you understand - the odds of male factor birth defects rises with age, and across the population as a whole, it begins to become statistically significant with men over 35. There are men who are 34 who may have issues, there are men 38 who may not - 35 is just the age when it begins to be higher than normal risks. The odds are still low that you'll have a baby with a problem, it's just something to consider http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...over-35-a.html

Personally, it's not a risk I was ever comfy with considering I was also over 35 and had higher risk of issues myself. My philosophy has always been healthy eggs + healthy sperm = healthy baby and that's served me well even when I got pg at 41 (and also with a huge amount of luck and good fortune)

Abstain has barely gotten better than 50-50 anyway, at least in our stats. So I'm not entirely sure it's worth the risk. The other alternative is to do reg release with one attempt.

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast