Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me everything you guys are doing/using/taking gretta.

Has hubby had a sperm analysis? Would he be willing to? I had one person who couldn't get pg and we assumed it was the swaying, but it turned out her hubby was shooting blanks. This can happen even if you have been pg before (and for some reason I have it in my mind that this is your first baby??)

For frequency, I think you are best off doing the pattern of unprotected sex every 4 days and then one additional attempt at pos OPK. Two attempts (with overall pink sway) has gotten 65% success for pink and this number drops a LOT if you have 3 attempts (less than 50-50) so if there's any way to stick with the two attempts in fertile window, I think that's best. I don't think we're at the point where we are ready to go to SMEP, and this is particularly true if you are not doing diet any more. Gradual changes over time will enable you to get pg while still maintaining at least SOME sway tactics.

If you are already doing this, we have a couple options. My thinking is that it may behoove us to try using a little Robi/Muci and/or Preseed before adding attempts. People balk at that because they think these things sway blue, but 3 attempts sways blue too, so I think we have to at least be open to the possibility of trying to improve CM before adding attempts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cycles have been so off lately. I really have no clue what day I would O ahead of time as it has varied about 4-6 days each month and it can swing either way. For ttc pink what do you suggest for me and my husband? He is 29 and has a healthy drive and will be taking LR. When we conceived our first 2 boys it was sex constantly...so we were basically sealing our fate there. Last DS we did a 6 day cut-off, which I had previously thought would sway girl. We get pregnant on the first try every time as well. I was planning to abstain but should we not with the LR? I am unsure when we would start frequent release or how we would know the two attempt in the fertile window would work since I can't predict it easily. Maybe we should do compressed and have him release 2-3 times the one day we attempt before the big BD, is this correct? I am unsure how to use OPK's very well. Well now my words are all scrambled. I hope I was clear enough?!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

I am on CD12, probably going to ovulate tomm. Clear blue shows peak as well as OPK strip this morning. I used Rephresh this morning even though i used rephresh 2 days back only. Is that ok.
    I will BD around 9-10 hours after using Rephresh. I took Cetrizine Antihistamine and will take Banadryl and DH will take sudafed 1-2 hours before.

DH did not take anything else for the sway. I am on LE diet for around 6 weeks now. No cal, mg supplements only folic acid. Took peppermint tea here and there and crystal light 2-4 servings a day.
    My weight has been reduce by about 10lbs.

Does it all look like good to have a girl!

I am on my BD day. Please shoot anything that i can do to increase my chances for my DD.

DH abstaining since 10 days and we are going to try one attempt now (after +ve OPK). I am scared to death between cut off and +ve opk. Hope what i am doing give me by DG.
    Since i will be BDing 12 hours ore more after positive OPK (May be i could have got positive OPK late in night or middle of night), Isnt it that i am BDing on the ovulation or very close to ovulation.
    Does it still sway with abstain. I am thinking of jump and dump.

Appreciate any help from such a wonderful group especially Atomic who is always replying so patiently!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is best for you guys to focus on the overall sway. If there was some thing we could do at the last minute that helped a sway, we'd all only sway for one day.

Timing doesn't sway. It just doesn't work. Most of us on here have 2-3-4 opposites with timing to prove it! As long as you are having the one attempt that's what you need to do.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

I have a question, I am now swaying (for pink) about 12 weeks and have already made one attempt but unfortunately I am not pregnant yet. Because of my BMI, I would like to get pregnant as soon as possible. The last time we did frequent release for seven days with one attempt. My husband would rather do no more FR because it is so exhausting to endure this every day. I'm thinking now to do abstain. My husband is 33 years old (fyi).
    I am on CD 5 now. Is abstaining for 8 days and one attempt (when I have a positive OPK) a good idea of would you recommend something else?
    Thanks in advance.
    Boy 2014 my dream will come true...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The one attempt is the most important thing. Abstain is fine if you want to use it but it certainly won't help you get pregnant any faster.

My recommendation instead would be to have DH do regular release, every 2-4 days starting now. Then when you get positive OPK, have one attempt. the regular release will ensure that there are enough sperm present for you to conceive with one attempt.

Another thing you could do instead is have unprotected sex every 4 days starting after AF and going thru until when you are 100% sure you have ovulated. This may help because if you miss your positive OPK< you'll still be in with attempt, plus it will be a good amount of sperm. It seems to work very similarly to one attempt and we are getting good results with it.

7. Thanks HoningBijtje thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is all very confusing as I think I just read on another post that frequency wasn't important anymore. So for a girl I was planning on dh releasing every day, is that still a good plan? Also it scares me a bit to only try once. I need to be pregnant in February (with my two boys I got pregnant first month of trying) so worried it's a bit too risky. Husband is up for frequent release - this shouldn't be unprotected sexual though should it? I feel like I need a list of bullet points telling me the right and wrong things to do regarding frequency and when to actually have unprotected sex for a girl away :-(

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, what is the liquorice root for?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud26 View Post
    This is all very confusing as I think I just read on another post that frequency wasn't important anymore. So for a girl I was planning on dh releasing every day, is that still a good plan? Also it scares me a bit to only try once. I need to be pregnant in February (with my two boys I got pregnant first month of trying) so worried it's a bit too risky. Husband is up for frequent release - this shouldn't be unprotected sexual though should it? I feel like I need a list of bullet points telling me the right and wrong things to do regarding frequency and when to actually have unprotected sex for a girl away :-(
    Well, it's an older post and the majority of people want to start off doing a very strict sway and then drop tactics over time. Thus, I leave this info up for people who choose to give it a try with frequency even tho it is not really proving itself effective. I find it best to allow everyone to pick and choose from a variety of sway tactics and then track results because the "one size, fits all" approach doesn't work - we honestly do not KNOW what is best and it is only through trial and error, with every individual doing what they think will work best and feels right to them, that the trends will gradually begin to become obvious.

Obviously a person who needs to be pregnant in February is not going to be able to do these types of things. It would cut your odds of conception too far to try to add frequency. And I think it would be a misstep to keep frequency and add attempts (we went through a phase where we did just that and it was our lowest success rates in the 5 years of the site) Whenever someone is in a hurry to conceive, I think it is wisest to drop anything that doesn't work and cuts odds of conception (like daily release) to focus on what actually DOES. So you would lose the frequency totally, it just isn't going to gain you much, if anything and it will cut your chances of getting pregnant too far.

Thus, my recommendation to you would be to select one of the following:

Option A) have your husband do regular release every 2-4 days (this isn't a frequency pattern really, it would simply make a nice amount of swimmers) and then have one attempt at positive OPK. Lower odds conception, possibly better odds of pink

Option B) Have unprotected sex every 4 days plus one attempt at positive OPK (this would be 2 attempts in fertile window) Higher odds of conception, still pretty good results for pink.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud26 View Post
    Also, what is the liquorice root for?
    Lowers testosterone and raises estrogen.

LR has not gotten fab results of late and I think it would prob. cut odds of conception too far for you guys.

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast