Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I don't think it matters what he does before his 8-10 days of FR so I think I'd let him do whatever he fancies (it might be the last time he gets to pick and choose for a while!).

You could definitely have DH release without DTD and then use the second batch after his frequent release. Of course it might hinder your chances of conception but you could drop that part in future months if necessary. Just make sure he doesn't go more than 24 hours between releases on the days between your two attempts.

You asked on the other thread whether we had more than one attempt - no, it was just one attempt on O day.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had some strips but never really got any readings from them - the colour was always the same! I made sure not to test pH around our actual attempt. I kind of wish I hadn't bothered buying them at all! I was already doing everything I could/would have done to lower pH so there was no point in testing really.

I planned to DTD on O day because I don't think timing matters when you're doing all the other stuff and I really wanted to time our attempt for the greatest chance of pregnancy! I don't think it matters whether you DTD morning or evening so do whatever suits you and DH best. Morning was easiest for us so that's what we did.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't bother having him abstain and I would NEVER switch from abstain to straight FR anyway. I think straight FR can give time for sperm to recover (after abstain, that is) and my concern is that when you go from abstain to FR, his body "thinks" that he had a long dry spell and now "it's impregnating time" and straight FR may not be enough to deplete i.. With straight FR, it's more of a sneak attack where you're just gradually depleting him - his body never gets that signal that no sex is available, it just gradually starts getting depleted over time.

So it's like worse than nothing - the abstain is too far distant to yield any benefits at all, and at the same time you ~may~ end up giving an environmental signal that stimulates sperm production, and straight FR may not be enough to get the job done.

Best options:

Straight abstain + 1 attempt
    STraight FR + 1 attempt or many attempts
    Compressed FR + 1 attempt or many attempts
    Abstain + 1 attempt then switch to VERY compressed FR for another attempt or two.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 6th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    AS Thank you! I would love to do abstaining but he is 37 and 4 months. I just don't want to risk it. I will have him FR 7-10 days before our attempt. My attempt will be one time (probably at night too) on the day I get my peak on my cbfm. This will probably only put me 8-16 hours before ovulation. I will have him release one time in the morning and one time again before our attempt at night. I might BD on the second day after ovulation too. Shooting for 6-12 hours after ovulation. We will see.
    Good luck, JJC! I think I will be following the same plan of action you are and I think we may be ovulating around the same time! Wishing lots of pink baby dust for both of us!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ladies, I did just write up a hopefully helpful essay about this topic and I'd like to get your feedback on it. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...tml#post172160

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! Just read it...it is INCREDIBLY helpful!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well....I was going to BD the week of O through O every day using Replens every other day. I am losing weight quickly and don't want to do this for another month LOL...Do you think the frequent BD would be okay then..probably BD 8 days in a row til one day past O....Not going to stress about it...
    TTC in 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I think that would be fine HMN - esp if you're using jelly that frequently.

Please be sure that your husband has released for at least 7 times before the earliest BD that could possibly get you pregnant - you can't count the 7 releases in your attempts because DH's sperm count will not be reliably lowered without the 7 releases before insemination. The attempts can't count in the number of FR.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow i didnt know that, so would it be okay if DH pulled out 7 times, and then when closer to my 1 day cut off lol have him start releasing, say 7 days in a row inside of me?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's fine.

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast