Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Another Q on ovulation..

So I got my first + (peak) using a CBFM of CD 20. FF told me I "may"ovulate CD 21...
    I had a slight rise in temp the following morning (cd21)and another peak test. It still told me I may ovulate CD 21.
    CD 22 my monitor went back to high and my temp had a bigger rise than day before.
    Today, CD 23 and my temp has soared (I am not TTC yet) and FF has put cross hairs at CD 20.

Three Q's.

Is it possible to Ovulate on the day your temp dips (I thought the day it rises is the day you Ovulate?) and the first + test, if you get 2 days of +'s.

Also..

Why was FF telling me I would most likely Ovulate CD 21 but has now put me on CD 20?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/336025
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, it's possible to ovulate on the day of the temp dip

FF originally "guesses" that you will ovulate the day after a positive OPK (which is essentially what has happened when you get a "peak" on the CBFM - it means it has detected the LH surge), although it is possible to ovulate on the day of the LH surge. According to all my scans I ovulated on the first peak the cycle I conceived my DS. The CBFM always gives you a 2nd peak day after the first - not because it's detected more LH, but because you normally ovulate on that day so it is a very fertile day for you to BD on.

I think FF has put your crosshairs in the right place based on your temps and monitor readings

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thankyou!! This monitor is all new to me lol, so do you think I should use dip stick opks aswell or no need?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well, I will be! it's possible for the CBFM to miss your LH surge just as OPKs can. I had that one cycle - I had lots of "high" results in a row and never got the "peak". Thankfully I had an inkling that I might be ovulating so I used some ICs in the afternoons and picked up my pos OPK with one of those. I'll be doing the same this time.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    well, I will be! it's possible for the CBFM to miss your LH surge just as OPKs can. I had that one cycle - I had lots of "high" results in a row and never got the "peak". Thankfully I had an inkling that I might be ovulating so I used some ICs in the afternoons and picked up my pos OPK with one of those. I'll be doing the same this time.
    Great tip!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    So I got my first + (peak) using a CBFM of CD 20. FF told me I "may"ovulate CD 21...
    I had a slight rise in temp the following morning (cd21)and another peak test. It still told me I may ovulate CD 21.
    CD 22 my monitor went back to high and my temp had a bigger rise than day before.
    Today, CD 23 and my temp has soared (I am not TTC yet) and FF has put cross hairs at CD 20.

Three Q's.

Is it possible to Ovulate on the day your temp dips (I thought the day it rises is the day you Ovulate?) and the first + test, if you get 2 days of +'s.

Also..

Why was FF telling me I would most likely Ovulate CD 21 but has now put me on CD 20?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/336025
    Tamara has always said by the time the temp rises, the egg is dead, and that meshed with what my TCYOF book said as well. Altho I have since seen some exceptions to that, it usually is true.

I think the reason why FF has you Oing on CD 20 is because your temps went down again that day rather than having a steady rise. So since the rule of thumb is that once the temp goes up, the egg is dead, you probably Oed the last day your temps were lower rather than higher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    atomic, if you search on FF for women who have DTD only on O+1 and review the charts where OV is definite, there are still a good % of pregnancies where the only BD attempt in the fertile window is in the afternoon/evening AFTER their temp rise.

In fact, quite a number who BD only on O+1 and have a definite OV day get pregnant (where there is no doubt as to when OV was based on their temps/fertile signs), although I'd say that it's half the number who DTD only on OV day. (15% who DTD only on O+1 conceive, compared to 30% who DTD only on OV day)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    wow you got 3 high day before peak? I only ever get 1 or go from low to peak!
    I think you O'd on cd 20 but we always get 2 peak days. I use the monitor and the smiley test just to make sure so I think it's best if you get some opk's too.
    Anyway I ttc for a long time with DD4 and got lot's of bfn because I always tried on the second peak day. I get a bfp when I try on the first day!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that cycle I actually had 2 "high" days before my "peak" (well, the day the peak was missed)

First ever cycle using it I had 6 highs then a peak (and got a BFP that cycle)
    Second cycle was the one I only got highs on - it was after my first AF after my MC and I ovulated on CD10. Had I ovulated later I'd probably have had more highs before OV.
    Third cycle I had 5 highs before the peak (and got a BFP that cycle too)

and about to start using it for my fourth cycle now! should be POAS for the first time this cycle tomorrow.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    atomic, if you search on FF for women who have DTD only on O+1 and review the charts where OV is definite, there are still a good % of pregnancies where the only BD attempt in the fertile window is in the afternoon/evening AFTER their temp rise.

In fact, quite a number who BD only on O+1 and have a definite OV day get pregnant (where there is no doubt as to when OV was based on their temps/fertile signs), although I'd say that it's half the number who DTD only on OV day. (15% who DTD only on O+1 conceive, compared to 30% who DTD only on OV day)
    I would suspect that at least some of those gals released two eggs and hit only the second egg and that is why TCYOF says to wait until you have 3 high temps before resuming BD if you are using NPF method as birth control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast