Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So upset about our failed "attempt"

Hi Everyone,
    I've been on the LE Girl Diet for a little over two months now, which has been very difficult since it required a complete overhaul of my diet and lifestyle. Before starting, my husband was fully supportive and said he was on board to to help me sway and would do the few easy things he could to help out. We skipped TTC last month because it was our first time ever "trying" to get pregnant and he has "performance anxiety". Then, last night as we were going to TTC again for this cycle, he brought up all these fears and stressors about having another baby (which we discussed a month ago and again a few days ago and agreed to not discuss again) right before - which definitely killed the mood. For me, so much of this is getting to my head and I was trying to be as relaxed as possible, but bringing all of that up definitely turned any relaxation around. My O day is tomorrow and we were hoping for at least a 2-day cutoff and I got my + OPK yday, but after all that prep and difficulty in dedicating myself to the diet and taking all those supplements and aspartame which gave me lots of headaches for what felt like forever, just feels like he blew our chance. I felt so defeated and discouraged today and ate breakfast today for the first time in so long and I just want to throw this whole sway out the window. I anticipated yesterday for so long and our chance came and is gone and there's just no desire to try again this way. Just so frustrating to feel like he was on board, then jumped off at the last minute. Sorry for the vent and if I sound like a brat, but just still really upset about everything. Thanks for viewing/listening.

XO

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated and defeated if you've come this far, don't throw in the towel just yet. Men usually are not on board with swaying or TTC in general from what I have seen and experienced.

My DH had many concerns and I asked him to list them all in a message. He did so and I wrote him back with a solution for every one of his concerns and it left him without being able to back out (because having children is a right both parties have) and he agreed although not 100% on board.

I made our first month very stressful. He was very cooperative but doesn't like being on demand and it made me totally stressed out. For this cycle I'm keeping everything to myself and just initiating sex when it is necessary and declining advances on off days. It seems to be working well for us and I'm sure for many other couples as well. The less I talk about it, the happier we both are. Perhaps you can try a similar approach.

Does your DH have a high sex drive or is it difficult to get him to have sex altogether?
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

3. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sorry for what all you feel ,
    Sometimes men feel that way
    Try to seduce him without the idea of conceiving, just attack him and make him feel like you want it for fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD in 2010
    a successful Boy sway at 2015

Swaying for another boy

5. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Likes Erin514, cosmosis, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any suggestions for your DH beyond what's already been said, but for you I would suggest why not just give up the aspertame if it's giving you headaches and let yourself have a cheat day once in a while where you eat breakfast and have a couple foods you miss on the diet? As long as your within your totals most days, it's okay to cheat occasionally. And you are even allowed to have breakfast if you miss it a lot, you could just bump it back a few hours to keep a good fast period of 12-16 hours in there.

Better to have a diet you can live with for the long haul than one that will make you so frustrated you give it up before you conceive!
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush, LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Likes pinkinthestars liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you're going through this added stress. The husbands have NO idea how consuming the LE diet alone is, not to mention GD. Skipping a month seems insignificant to them but to us its agonizing.
    We feel you sister.

9. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It has been my experience that this is something ~some~ men will do to say no without really saying no. They'll go along with it on the outside and then undermine it at the last minute repeatedly. i'm not saying he's doing it deliberately, but that he's having more mixed emotions than he let on at first. I would probably not push him, what many of us have found is that our husbands are not always cooperative but ~usually~ will come around in time and space.

What you may want to do is think of this as "meant to be" where maybe God/the universe wants you to have the best sway you can and so this happened to maybe improve your chances of success.

Now let's talk about your diet. Can u tell me what you're eating and why it is feeling so hard? Many times when people are really struggling I end up finding that they are eating very resttrictively and you don't HAVE to do it that way. LE Diet is supposed to be easy to stick to, and if you're miserable then we can probably switch some things up so you are happier in the long term.

Re aspartame, how much are you using?? I would not use anymore than 2-3 servings a day max.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Likes PinkyPie, Bepan liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, ladies for listening and understanding. This is the only space where I can express how I feel about all of this. We had a long talk and will try again next month....just hoping for the best.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It has been my experience that this is something ~some~ men will do to say no without really saying no. They'll go along with it on the outside and then undermine it at the last minute repeatedly. i'm not saying he's doing it deliberately, but that he's having more mixed emotions than he let on at first. I would probably not push him, what many of us have found is that our husbands are not always cooperative but ~usually~ will come around in time and space.

What you may want to do is think of this as "meant to be" where maybe God/the universe wants you to have the best sway you can and so this happened to maybe improve your chances of success.

Now let's talk about your diet. Can u tell me what you're eating and why it is feeling so hard? Many times when people are really struggling I end up finding that they are eating very resttrictively and you don't HAVE to do it that way. LE Diet is supposed to be easy to stick to, and if you're miserable then we can probably switch some things up so you are happier in the long term.

Re aspartame, how much are you using?? I would not use anymore than 2-3 servings a day max.
    Thx, Atomic. It's comforting to know I'm not alone in this. Being so new to all of this adds a lot of pressure for both of us. And, we're in the boat of "all or nothing" when we commit to things, and now especially this.

Honestly, just overall, I previously ate a lot and ate often. It has gotten easier, especially the skipping breakfast part - since I've been doing this for a while now. But staying away from the things I realized swayed blue, but I loved and actually ate a LOT of (in most of my cooking and salads) such a: lots of soy products, dairy, tomatoes, avocados, dark leafy greens and lots of chicken. And, frequent snacking on corn and potato chips :/

I was able to dedicate myself to cutting down cause I had a goal in sight. And it helped knowing he was supportive too. After that happened it felt like a major setback and like all those avoided meals that I was still cooking for my family but not enjoying, went to waste.

I'm drinking Metamucil with aspartame 2-3 times a day with meals then 1-2 packets of crystal light. But, who knows, maybe the headaches are really from my hormones and the stress and anticipation. It did increase around my ovulation and approaching TTC day.

I'm hoping as time goes on, I'll continue to get in my groove with this and it won't feel Iike so much of a sacrifice. Just really hoping things work out next month * fingers and toes crossed *

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi LuvMyGuys,
    Sorry to hear hun you are feeling this stress, I hope I'm offering some comfort and telling you I went through a lot of ups and Downs with my diet when I was trying. My partner was onboard with supplements but when it came to timing it was never perfect due to him either bring away or pulling a muscle lols, in the end I found not telling him dates, times and when helped I just initiated everything.

Also I was not a big soft drink drinker to begin with so I started slowly, and whenever I felt like I was stressing about what I was eating I would message atomic on my custom sway section for reassurance and clarification it really helped with easing my mind and not letting myself get carried away

If it helps at all, also right before I was due to ovulate I missed a week or so because my partner strained a groin muscle like and I panicked in the end I fell pregnant following atomics advice of when to bed because of that circumstance and now I'm like 3-4 weeks away from having my girl
    Sending you lots of pink dust for your next try hun and also sending you lots of hugs during this time. Just member life works in mysterious ways and when we usually think it's going wrong it actually isn't. If you can try to take some much needed you time and do something for you this all helps gets us to where we want to be when we are feeling the struggle
    Last edited by pinkinthestars; January 28th, 2017 at 01:04 AM.
    Taurus chic ♉Mom to
    2008 .Baby boy born 2009 now my Angel MC 2011 2012
    2016 Confirmed BFP!!! June 2016

Baby Girl born Feb 2017
    My Successful Girl Sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post870111

considering to retry for another girl october 2017
    Confirmed BFP hoping for more pink dust 💖

Due 17th of August 2018 born 27th August 2018
    My 2nd Successful Girl Sway : http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post974086

17. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi pink,

Sorry to hear about your partner and his feelings I think it's common for men (and women) to gonuo and down ...
    E.g. Last night I had abit of a melt down shouting I can't do this anymore (eat at certain times, log what I'm eating , exercise everyday) it's taken it's toll on me mentally I've learnt that I'm a bit of a quitter actually of something seems to hard I usually quite hence I've booked to go HT twice now and cancelled even when all the meds arrive and needles I just freak out and bale ...

We've had our attempt this month I don't know if it's workerd but in the past two days I've gone abit crazy with food and just almost binged as feeling sad for myself ... I'm trying to be more positive today and get back on it ...5 days until I can't take a HpT ...

I hope you are feeling abit better after all the supportive comments

19. Thanks LuvMyGuys thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast