Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie TTC girl..(sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place!!)

Hi! I'm Imogen, 24 from the UK. Mummy to two gorgeous boys (6,3) and getting ready to try for no.3...desperately hoping to TTC a girl this time
    I've been lurking for a while, mostly on here but also on IG....and I've confused the hell out of myself

I've started the LE diet and I'm pretty sure I've got my head around that part! I never eat until 12/1 anyway and then it's white ricecakes or a white pitta w/ light Philadelphia and cucumber and cranberry juice/peppermint tea.

It's the supplements that have me confused...I started this week on 1000mg calcium citrate, 300mg magnesium, 10000 cranberry, 500mg saw palmetto and 1600mcg folic acid. (Am reluctant to take vitex..should I be taking it?)

However I'm now worried that I shouldn't be taking the calcium and mag as extra nutrients sway blue?

DH was originally on the same amount of Calc & Mag, plus cranberry and liquorice root (450mg 3x), but again I've removed the calcium and magnesium due to conflicting opinion..will it lower his PH , or provide more nutrients/more sperm

I'm 5'6", 127lbs and have started 45 mins of cardio everyday, plus being fairly active with two kids.
    I drink A LOT of coffee (w/ aspartame) and Diet Coke too, I've heard this sways girl, contrary to IG advice.
    Ordered benefibre to start Monday, along with Sylk lube. Have KY but heard that's not as good.
    Started tracking OV and checking PH (currently between 5.75 and 6.0 )
    Going to try DTD 2-3 days before OV and will J&D after 5 mins.

What else....I know it's probably BS, but am wearing a rose quartz bracelet and covering my house in lavender and aerosols

Sorry for the essay, I'm just so confused!
    I guess my main questions are: how should I tweak mine/DH's supplements?
    And I'm having my mirena coil removed this week..does anyone know how this affects TTC? And also if it has any effect on swaying? (I heard coming off the pill sways pink is all..)
    Also, with trying to DTD before OV-so I wait until I start to see the OPK get darker and get to it then before it peaks? Basically, how the hell do I pinpoint 2-3 days before OV.

Hope that all makes sense!
    Thanks in advance for ANY advice, so confused and really appreciate it/any sway stories!
    xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi im in the uk too!

im gonna say straight off that im no expert!! but i had a successful pink sway last year and im back swaying pink again this time too

if i were you i would ignore IG.. this site has better results and their sways seem to be SO complicated and they also seem to tear each other apart quite abit on there!! its very friendly on here though

i think that the simpler pink sways are the way to go!! just go with what works best, which is LE diet with coffe and alcohol, one attempt and exercise.. everything else is just extra things to worry about but if you want to do more then do, its your sway-your way

the fact that you dont eat till 12-1 is great and what your eating sounds good too, im not sure about the peppermint tea.. i think ive seen posts about that saying to be careful with it.. atomic is the one to advise you on all diet/supplement questions etc!! so wait for her to reply

far as supplements go i didnt take any except folic acid, i literally know nothing about them so im not even going to try and advise you because it would be no help!!

id drop ph testing its pointless and only gives you something else to stress about, coffee is good for pink as is alcohol, diet coke is also used by alot of pink swayers on here myself included.

timing doesnt sway, its the 1 attempt that sways pink so just wait for a positive opk and do your one attempt

good luck with your sway and try to keep it as simple and stress free as you can the obsessively micro-managed pink sways dont seem to work as well as the half-arsed ones! xx
    now 6blue5pink

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    4blue2pink Thankyou
    Ah cool! Nice to meet some other UK swayers, I'm South Coast.

Congratulations on your sway! And Thankyou for the advice; IG did seem VERY restrictive but by the time I'd read all the well structured, opposing advice on here, I'd ordered and started taking all the bloomin' supplements
    Hopefully atomic can shed some extra light..
    I do like the coffee and alcohol encouragement element on here too

So used to having boys I can't imagine ever being pregnant with a girl!

So is the timing theory all nonsense too? And, sorry if I sound seriously dumb, but why is it the one attempt that sways pink?

It's all a little overwhelming as I know this will be my last baby....going to try and chill a bit
    DH is being very supportive but does keep asking why our house 'constantly stinks of bloody Lavender!'

Thanks again! And good luck with this sway xx

4. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    my understanding is that one attempt sways pink because it cuts the odds of conception, anything that lowers fertility/conception odds sways pink and anything that ups the odds sways blue, i believe blue swayers are aiming for 3 attempts on here and pink is just one the success rate for 1 attempt is amazing, both my girls were conceived with 1 attempt whereas my boys were multiple attempts so im certainly a believer in it as a big sway tactic!!

yes timing has been disproved atomic has a post on it, i think the reason it seemed to work is because the girl "timing" was mostly only giving people one attempt in their fertile window.

for years i couldnt ever imagine having a girl, i had 4 boys!! but now here i am with 2 little girls added into the mix so its completely possible

yeah seriously the more chilled you can be the better!! thats hilarious about your husband xx
    now 6blue5pink

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie TTC girl..(sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place!!)

Ahhhhh yeah, I do feel dumb now, that makes perfect sense!
    There's just so much to take on board!

That's so good to hear! I love reading successful sways. Everyone is so quick to chime in with 'oh well, after 2, it'll definitely be another boy' or 'you'll start a football team if you're not careful!'
    It gets a tad disheartening you know..

Hoping atomic will drop in with some of her endless knowledge!
    Have also started drinking cinnamon in my coffee in an attempt to help with weight loss.

Yeah....he thinks I've lost it a bit
    Ah well, as long as he's helping things along!

Thanks again for your help, so grateful, I had no idea where to start on here.

xx

7. Likes 4blue2pink, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh i know i had people saying those kind of stupid comments all the time!! then i had number 5 (girl) and they all shut up!! its sad how all boy or all girl families are seen as not good enough by so many people and i had really struggled with the comments especially as our second child was a girl but we lost her during the pregnancy.. the "all boy" comments were made worse by the fact i knew we should of had our daughter in the mix with all the boys..

yes atomic is amazing!! the knowledge on this site gave us a little sister for the girl we never thought we could successfully have and for that i will be forever grateful, there are so many amazing people on here <3

its great that your husband is on board with the sway even if he thinks youve lost it haha alot of men arent agreeable to it at all!! xx

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Are you tracking your nutrient intake? Because regardless of what they tell people on IG, LE Diet is not rice cakes and cucumber. It's my diet, I invented it, and the important thing is the nutrient totals for the day. 40-50 g protein, 30-60 g fat, 1500-1800 cals a day.

Cal-mag are up to you. I never recommend that much magnesium as it causes diarrhea, but it's up to you. Many of us got boys with the cal-mag and it's easy for us to give up on. I can understand wanting to try it and that is fine provided you take the supps, without Vit. D, and without drinking the tons of dairy IG recommends.

Cranberry has not worked in our results and I don't think it's safe. Give to your hubby instead

Vitex and SP have not had great results - less than overall success of the site and also have caused a lot of trouble for people messing up cycles and stuff. Totally up to you if you use them, but I do want to mention you need to pick either peppermint OR SP, not both.

Coffee DEFINITELY sways pink. Our results prove it and even according to IG's logic on caffeine, it's been debunked. It is 110% proven that caffeine does not make calcium leach from your body, they proved in in blood tests.

Coming off Mirena sways pink. PLEASE be aware that SP makes your birth control not work so if you're not ready to TTC, please take precautions. I am also very concerned that you're taking SP and cranberry before having Mirena removed as they can cause bleeding. I would have you come off them both right away prior to the procedure. I normally do not recommend anyone taking herbs prior to their first cycle after the Mirena as it can make it take a long time for cycle to resume.

Re timing, yes, you have a dilemma there trying to do a 2-3 day cutoff coming off the Mirena and taking the herbs will make that even harder. You can do one of two things - give up timing and just have one attempt at first positive OPK or get a fertility monitor and aim for attempt the second day of "high". The problem is that you can have many days of high before getting a peak, and also that you can go straight to peak after one or zero days of high. But, it's the way most people do it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RE timing: This, like the cal-mag, is something lots of us have gotten opposites with so for some of us it's easy to let go of. If you want to do it, as long as you're doing just one attempt, that's up to you. the case against timing is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

We don't know why one attempt sways pink. No one had even guessed that might be true, but we saw the trend in our statistics and once we realized it, our results went up and stayed up ever since. We have ideas about maybe why, but they're just guesses. All we know is that it seems to work.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re cinnamon that is not something I have everyone do, only those with 30 lbs or more to lose or those with moderate to severe PCOS. It really lowers blood sugar and can make you lightheaded if you take without needing it.