Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ultrasound to Determine Side of Ovulation?

There appears to be a strong correlation between having a left-sided ovulation and conceiving a daughter. Would it be beneficial, at least theoretically, to confirm side of ovulation via ultrasound before deciding whether or not to try to conceive on a given month?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ultrasound to Determine Side of Ovulation?

I wouldn't put much stock into the side of ovulation. I ovulated from the left side with my DS3, and he is very much a he! He also implanted on the left side of my uterus as well. This time around, I ovulated from the left side again and the baby implanted on the left front portion of my uterus. I just happen to be having a girl this time. I personally believe this is 50/50. Like the other aspects of swaying, this may help a tiny bit but it is what you do overall that matter the most!

🤞🏻and GL to you!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

3. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Um no, there's actually NOT (and if you are referencing a "study" done by William James please throw that directly into the garbage as he's trying to prove a theory true and conveniently ignores tons of other studies that debunk his claims, if you are referencing a website that claims to have good results with gender swaying by doing ultrasounds they are complete scam artists and are only allowed to operate overseas because the FDA does not allow them here, and if you're referencing anything done before 2005ish all that has been debunked.)

The only good study done on this found that ONLY in a 3 month pattern could you ever find a correlation with altered gender ratio and that was 75% max (and for BOYS) So you'd have to not only know side of ovulation, but you'd have to know it for 3 months, and you'd also have to have it come up CORRECT 3 months in a row - not unlike hitting a slot machine - and all that for less than 75% (since all other combinations were significantly less than 75% effective, only the L, L, R combination was that effective, and again, that was for boys, not girls) And even that study is only just one study and may not even be accurate/has not been reproduced, and since all these things always have teensy sample sizes, we have no way of knowing if even that 75% was just a complete fluke, as well.

EVERYONE is aware of this idea and I promise you, if there was anything about it that worked, every fertility clinic in the US of A would be doing it right now. They could make a fortune using this method and yet no one does it. Not even the shady clinics like Ericcson do it. That is because it does not work. If it worked, even if only just a little they'd do it.

CE, I want you to take a step back and think about what you're saying here. After everything you've been through, after this roller coaster ride and ups and downs you're going to start skipping months for THIS? I am concerned that this is swaying and gender desire messing with your head here. Most people ovulate primarily from their right ovary (because of more blood flow/exposure to hormones on that side) So it is entirely possible that many of us will go on for months if not years before ever Oing from the left. I have seen tons of baby girls conceived from right sided O's and boys from left and I know this because people come to me sooo excited thinking they've gotten a guarantee only to have their hearts broken.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Complex Emotions, mummy2boys thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    I just happen to be having a girl this time.
    Thanks XX, and congrats on your pregnancy!
    I wish you and your family all the best with the upcoming addition
    Last edited by Complex Emotions; June 3rd, 2017 at 12:32 AM.

7. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, thank you Atomic. I've seen you write Ov pain isn't indicative of side, but I couldn't remember if having an ultrasound confirmed side of Ov was a big deal or not.

Girl swayers mention left side stuff a lot on this site, and the correlation between left side and girl seems strong. Maybe that's just people confirming left side = girl when it's true for them, but not mentioning it when it's not true in their case.

9. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People say a lot of stuff on this site. I personally choose not to go to the mat every time over everything because I'd make myself miserable and everyone else would not find the site very fun at all if I did (people already think I'm too in people's face about OWT and stuff like this)

Again, debunked studies and anecdotes aside, if this worked, clinics would do it. The only clinics that do are not allowed to operate in this country because their methods do not work, and I can tell you horror stories about people who DID go to them, did things their way, only to get opposites and were then treated very shabbily by the clinics. All this is based on the work of one charlatan who has never published any research for review, who takes thousands of dollars from poor couples in impoverished countries and then pressures them to have abortions if they conceive the wrong gender with tales that the baby will have birth defects or be homosexual if they are conceived from the "wrong" ovary.

11. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People say a lot of stuff on this site. I personally choose not to go to the mat every time over everything because I'd make myself miserable and everyone else would not find the site very fun at all if I did (people already think I'm too in people's face about OWT and stuff like this)

Again, debunked studies and anecdotes aside, if this worked, clinics would do it. The only clinics that do are not allowed to operate in this country because their methods do not work, and I can tell you horror stories about the number of people who DID go to them, did things their way, only to get opposites and were then treated very shabbily by the clinics. All this is based on the work of one charlatan who has never published any research for review, who takes thousands of dollars from poor couples in impoverished countries and then pressures them to have abortions if they conceive the wrong gender with tales that the baby will have birth defects or be homosexual if they are conceived from the "wrong" ovary.

13. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    ...All this is based on the work of one charlatan who has never published any research for review, who takes thousands of dollars from poor couples in impoverished countries and then pressures them to have abortions if they conceive the wrong gender with tales that the baby will have birth defects or be homosexual if they are conceived from the "wrong" ovary.
    Are you referring to the Ramzi theory?

I've always been unsure if that whole thing was at all connected to ovulation side. People seem to interpret side of ovulation being the same as side of implantation, but isn't Ramzi study stuff only about implantation side or was it ovulation side too? (It's so confusing, and it seems so out of anyone's control anyway.)

If I ever do get pregnant again, maybe I should make an effort to just stay completely oblivious to any side related stuff! WAY too stressful to think about...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I'm not. I am talking about a "study" (which it's NOT a study, since it's never been published for review by any other scientists) that was supposedly done a couple decades ago, that claims that women ovulate on alternate sides every month (they don't, and this has been completely debunked, with most women having a dominant ovary, usually the right one) and so if doctors do ultrasounds and tell a woman what side she's ovulating then she can have sex only in the correct month and get a gender guarantee. They operate only in 3rd world countries beyond the reach of the law and every reputable source I have consulted with about them verifies they are complete scam artists.

That is where ALL this stuff stems from. It is at the root of all these people who believe it. A "study" that was never published and a bunch of charlatans who make claims and promises and take thousands of dollars from impoverished families and then pressure/scare them into aborting when they don't get the gender they were supposed to get.

William James, who is actually a real scientist but is trying to prove his own theories of swaying involving timing, has also published some stuff along this line but he doesn't really do any studies, he just picks out studies that seem to support his theories and puts them together into meta-analyses while leaving out all the stuff that doesn't support his theories.

Dr. Ramzi is a different thing entirely. It's side of implantation with him. Now could this translate to side of O, maybe, but
    I haven't seen any data indicating this. But again, I must say that if there was anything to Ramzi at this point, so many people have heard of it that if it worked everyone would be doing it by now. There would not be a marked for Nipty blood tests if Ramzi worked, every place would just do a Ramzi test. After having seen people send Dr. Ramzi $10 to guess their ultrasounds and he guessed wrong, again, it's all become very tough for me to put any stock into it at all.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 5th, 2017 at 12:21 PM.

16. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re side of implantation/side of ovulation yes I have the same concern. People have absorbed Ramzi into their left/right idea and think it proves something, but it doesn't. An egg could just as easily emerge from right tube to implant on the left as it could to implant on the right side.

18. Thanks Complex Emotions thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast