Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess as a final follow up -- do I need to worry about his sperm count next month from this fever? If it's a roughly 72 day life cycle, is another month enough time to kick those numbers back up? We're doing EOD, occasional 3 day gap.
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; August 27th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a bit confused about husbands having fevers! Mine had a fever this month 39C /102F for 3 days. I am swaying pink but I'm 41 so more worried about just not getting pregnant. I thought fevers affected sperm in the following 3 cycles, not the current cycle when the sperm is already made?
    Three lovely sons

Trying to sway

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I found these when researching it:

The Sperm Cycle - I Got a Fever and the Only Prescription is?? - Texas Fertility Center

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14507826

https://community.babycenter.com/pos...ll_about_sperm

The consensus seems to be that fevers for sure affect sperm count, and even sperm health, but it varies and is not necessarily impacted in the present -- so now I'm even more conflicted, since the sperm issues might not be now but in the coming cycles (though not necessarily next month). I'm due to get my surge tomorrow or so based on OPKs, and I just had DH release outside of me yesterday since I wanted to play it safe since I thought we were skipping this month.

I know these's no crystal ball, but this really seems like a possible Catch 22. Waiting 3 months to TTC is out of the question.
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; August 27th, 2017 at 10:23 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I guess as a final follow up -- do I need to worry about his sperm count next month from this fever? If it's a roughly 72 day life cycle, is another month enough time to kick those numbers back up? We're doing EOD, occasional 3 day gap.
    I just don't have the data. I see below you've read all the same stuff I have and the simple fact is no one really knows, it may even be different due to the various effects of viruses, etc, and by individual.

If you can't wait 3 months, you can't wait 3 months. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many couples with all/mostly boys whose husbands went 3 months ever without being sick.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetoswaypink View Post
    I am a bit confused about husbands having fevers! Mine had a fever this month 39C /102F for 3 days. I am swaying pink but I'm 41 so more worried about just not getting pregnant. I thought fevers affected sperm in the following 3 cycles, not the current cycle when the sperm is already made?
    You can't wait as I already mentioned because time is not our friend here. Panther has time to wait and she's swaying blue. I really urge you to stop worrying about this, because it is one of those pointless things that doesn't help anything and plagues pink swayers. The worrying feels like you're doing something to fix a problem that inherently is unfixable and you have to just step out in faith and TTC because in the end, worrying about whether you're going to conceive or not does nothing to make it happen and only harms your sway.

8. Thanks hopetoswaypink thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck PT. Just keep doing your excercises and have hearty food! You will get pregnant and be over the moon..I know how hard this mentally can be. Dont think any month feels good as long as you feel good abour your effort! There are atleast four women I know who are expecting boys. Believe me they didnt put as much effort as we do. Most of them took their vitamins and didnt care about calories. Had their meat and vegetables, changed their diet and went for it.
    We keep delaying it out of fear. Fear for not putting enough effort in a specific month or DH's state.

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by meoab View Post
    Good luck PT. Just keep doing your excercises and have hearty food! You will get pregnant and be over the moon..I know how hard this mentally can be. Dont think any month feels good as long as you feel good abour your effort! There are atleast four women I know who are expecting boys. Believe me they didnt put as much effort as we do. Most of them took their vitamins and didnt care about calories. Had their meat and vegetables, changed their diet and went for it.
    We keep delaying it out of fear. Fear for not putting enough effort in a specific month or DH's state.
    Thank you, I really appreciate this! It's something I've rationalized, too, especially knowing how extreme I was before my DD and how long I've been HE.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like we're out this month, too

I'm starting to get nervous. How was it so easy to get pregnant under terrible conditions (including with DD!) and now I'm better and nothing??
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; September 9th, 2017 at 04:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not pregnant -- ME?

(((Huge Hugs))) I'm so sorry TP . I view improving fertility like turning an ocean liner- it takes some time. For whatever reason, the metabolic changes as of late we're harder on your body than the conditions that led to your DD. Just know it WILL happen for you! Don't give up and keep up the good work you've been doing! Take comfort in that you can still get a DS with it taking awhile to conceive- my DS3 took 8 long months of me improving my fertility. I do believe that acupuncture and Yoga helped me. Yoga more so for keeping me calm and maintaining a healthy perspective (I was beginning to self destruct).

Vent away- don't keep it in-we're here for you!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Last edited by XXforhubby; September 9th, 2017 at 08:53 AM.

15. Likes MiaMelb, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't get nervous. Getting nervous isn't warranted. We know that you had the thyroid situation going on before and that is the number one mystery thing that prohibits conception. So while I know it's tough, in your mind, hit the "reset" button and treat this as Month One, a fresh start. You weren't really trying to conceive before, now you are. It's going to be ok, you WILL get pregnant, and it will happen sooner rather than later.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast