Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid and short LP

I have never had lp problems before. This was my first cycle on clomid and AF just arrived at 8dpo. Any thoughts on what I can take to help my lp while on clomid? Also, I had to take provera to get my last af after not O'ing for 3 months and I only had spotting, not a full blown af. Maybe I just really needed to shed the lining so it came early???
    and IVF/PGD

Cycle #1 - Antagonist protocol
    AFC=24

5/30: start stims (187.5 gonal f), 6/2: decrease gonal to 150 add 1 vial menopur , 6/5: add 2nd vial of menopur, 6/6: add ganirelix, 6/9: no meds, do trigger, 6/11: ER 21 retrieved, 13 mature, 13 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6/16: transferred 1 XX...bfp! Betas: 10dp5dt 283, 12dp5dt 807, 19dp5dt 8762, 7/21: 7w5d HB 155!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know but I'm sorry - I was so hopeful for you after reading your post in the 2ww x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took 25 mg B6 and that lengthened my LP from 9 to 12 days. I am pretty sure it's safe to take with clomid.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I took B6 when on Clomid to lengthen my LP. Not sure what my LP ended up being because I got pregnant that cycle! Good luck!
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    I took 25 mg B6 and that lengthened my LP from 9 to 12 days. I am pretty sure it's safe to take with clomid.
    Thatīs great!
    MM Iīve taken 60 mg of B6 but it didnīt make my 10-11 days LP any longer, maybe I donīt need it then? Iīm taking 80 mg this cycle.
    Chicky so maybe B6 is more effective when your LP is very short like your 8 days, I would def. try it if I were you. Good luck!
    6 3
    swayed for a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
    I have never had lp problems before. This was my first cycle on clomid and AF just arrived at 8dpo. Any thoughts on what I can take to help my lp while on clomid? Also, I had to take provera to get my last af after not O'ing for 3 months and I only had spotting, not a full blown af. Maybe I just really needed to shed the lining so it came early???
    The best cure for a short LP IS Clomid.

I'm not totally sure what went on with your body this month, but I think it was a one-off due to the Provera shot the previous month. Maybe not everything sloughed off like it should have.

I suspect that next month the Clomid will set everything right, but I would mention this to your doctor because he/she may want you to use progesterone during the 2WW just to be on the safe side. The progesterone will help sustain a pregnancy even if your LP is a bit short.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    B6 is safe to take with Clomid, but I'm not sure I think you need to or should do that just yet. I would try giving the Clomid another month alone because the Clomid is WAY more effective at lengthening LP than B6 is.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ