Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-of-harts View Post
    a friend of mine smokes special cigarettes and her husband does not,they had 3 girls and then when she quit bc she wanted to start a new job that did random drug testing she get pregnant with a boy.I always thought smoking effected the sperm count but the woman? Maybe it makes the egg tougher to penetrat? could it effect ph? She has since started smoking again and is due with a girl.
    I personally think smoking sways pink for the woman too. May lower testosterone, dry up CM, any one of a number of htings.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got a text from a friend who just found out she is having a girl after 2 boys. She was convinced she would only have boys because her whole husbands family has only had boys for generations. She was on vacation and drunk a good majority of the trip, gin & tonics and sangria! It was a surprise. Her lifestyle is very boy friendly in every other regard. I am totally getting the cocktails on with dh for our next attempt! I never drank with the boys and didn't let dh either, so what the heck, it's worth a shot!
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband is a drinker (has his Miller Lite almost nightly) but sometimes he gets frustrated wtih how beer is ruining his physique (He used to be a Marine) and he quits for a while. Well, both times he "quit" for a few weeks we ended accidently pregnant with our sons! I never drink, so I'm thinking maybe I'll have a mixed drink, maybe a cranberry and vodka to relax me out because swaying is STRESSFUL!! Maybe lower T levels, and maybe I'll make sure he's having some too, just cuz we both were completely sober when we concieved our boys....

on a side note, my best frined growing up became a very wild teenager, had a girl at 19, she claims its because her and BF (now he's her DH) were smoking lots of (*insert iillegal substance here*) and drinking lots (beer/ or hard liquor, whatever was around). Two years later, she had another daughter, and while they had stopped smoking, they were still drinking, and I'm pretty sure that her two girls were NOT concieved just from one shot times only. My old friend and her hubbs are crazy about DTD...currently her girls are approx. 10 and 8 and her facebook page isn't full of pics of her kids, but full of pics of her husband's abs, his body, them together, snuggling up, them in a hot tubs, etc...I can only imagine what they are doing, lol....

I also know a few women at my old job that went club hopping, got drunk, got pregnant, and had girls
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh and I was just reading a book about foods around the world and I guess that koumiss, which is fermented mare's milk wine, is the national drink of Mongolia and has been for thousands of years. Yet Genghis Khan (one of 6 b 1 g), his brothers, and their many, many sons (Genghis had 4 sons with his first wife and God only knows how many more) have had so many male offspring that in the noble words of Wikipedia...

"Zerjal et al. [2003][54] identified a Y-chromosomal lineage present in about 8% of the men in a large region of Asia (about 0.5% of the world total). The paper suggests that the pattern of variation within the lineage is consistent with a hypothesis that it originated in Mongolia about 1,000 years ago. Because the rate of such a spread would be too rapid to have occurred by genetic drift, the authors propose that the lineage is carried by likely male-line descendants of Genghis Khan, and that it has spread through social selection. In Mongolia alone as many as 200,000 of the country's 2 million people could be Khan descendants.[8] In addition to most of the Mongol nobility up to the 20th century, the Mughal emperor Babur's mother was a descendant. Timur (also known as Tamerlane), the 14th century military leader, claimed descent from Genghis Khan. Genghis Khan was one of the most powerful warlords during his reign, as a result the harem that he kept was of enormous size. It is said that his harem reached anywhere from 2,000–3,000 women.[who?] There are so many descendants of Khan not only because of the size of his harem but also because of the size of his sons' harems."

According to swaying lore they should have been having virtually all daughters...milk AND booze, together at last!!!
    Oh, how I love when you post this kind of stuff!!! And, "Milk AND booze, together at last!!!"...
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's really interesting about the Mongols... Maybe it's b/c the fermented milk ended up being super-nutritious

Dd1's conception involved a lot of alcohol. I was 't drinking with Honor... DH goes through kicks of having red wine with dinner but I don't remember if he'd had any before we conceived Honor.

So interesting to think of what may influence gender...
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by skrimpy View Post
    That's really interesting about the Mongols... Maybe it's b/c the fermented milk ended up being super-nutritious

Dd1's conception involved a lot of alcohol. I was 't drinking with Honor... DH goes through kicks of having red wine with dinner but I don't remember if he'd had any before we conceived Honor.

So interesting to think of what may influence gender...
    I agree! Back then, of course, there was no way to make skim milk, it was all the full-fat variety!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    auroara, thanks for sharing! thanks to everyone who shared their experiences, this is a pretty helpful thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Out of the Blue View Post
    Oh, how I love when you post this kind of stuff!!! And, "Milk AND booze, together at last!!!"...
    it's amazing how good a mood 3 days without DH can put ya in!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS 2 was an drunken oops....!
    It was a long weekend. Oh well, I would still try it lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I'm new here and have been wondering this for ttc a girl! I think I might try it just even to help relax me! I was especially wondering it with regards to the "special" cigarettes. Is there any research on this?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH is a drinker he has beer every night. I don't drink at all and we have 2 boys. Hopefully baking a girl now.
    and Hoping to even up my family with another

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast