Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I've heard of maca. My concern is that it boosts fertility and might sway !!!!!BLUE!!!!!!! Not a lot is known about it so I am wary about it.

We have had pretty good results with vitex, so I would go with vitex. I did conceive an opposite while taking it though.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; November 18th, 2011 at 12:12 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want pink!!!!
    Why is not a lot known about it,,?
    The women at the health food store in Canada was quite sure about it and said that it balances hormones, increases energy, improves fertility etc.
    I am late to start vitex....I have only two weeks. Is that long enough?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never heard of it. Good luck, you're ttc boy?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maca is new and we haven't played around with it much yet. I know of one person who took it and had no results and another who took it and had some really weird side effects.

Health food people say a LOT of stuff about balance and energy and maybe it's totally true, but until I have seen it swaying pink with my own two eyes and/or read extensive scientific studies by people who come from, like, Harvard and not let's say, the Academy of Rainbow Granola Flowers , I consider it to be something that is still in the experimental stage.

My thinking is that anything that improves fertility, prob. sways blue anyway. BEst to stay away for now, IMO.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, I've heard of maca. My concern is that it boosts fertility and might sway pink. Not a lot is known about it so I am wary about it.

We have had pretty good results with vitex, so I would go with vitex. I did conceive an opposite while taking it though.
    I'm pretty sure Atomic meant to say that it boosts fertility and might sway blue - anything which is good for fertility tends to sway blue.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maca is in my and DH's fertility blend supps (Fertilaid). It is a fertility booster like Zan said.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaInLove View Post
    Maca is in my and DH's fertility blend supps (Fertilaid). It is a fertility booster like Zan said.
    I called the company and I think it balances hormones naturally.
    It does help improve sperm count though....so, actually it does not enhance fertility other than recognizing if hormones are off.
    Do you think this is accurate?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, YES, I meant to say I think it prob. sways BLUE by boosting overall fertility. Both for men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon2012 View Post
    I called the company and I think it balances hormones naturally.
    It does help improve sperm count though....so, actually it does not enhance fertility other than recognizing if hormones are off.
    Do you think this is accurate?
    No. Not accurate at all. The statement "balances hormones naturally" is gibberish that has no meaning. Balances them in what way? What does that even mean? Were they out of balance to start with??? What if your hormones already WERE balanced, what happens then?? Not even the smartest doctors out there really even know what hormones are supposed to be doing or how they alter the gender ratio. It's jsut something the Maca company says to get you to buy their stuff. It sounds nice but it's like saying "Certs with Retsin"...WTH is Retsin and what does it have to do with my breath???

Secondly, you may WANT your hormones to be "unbalanced" to TTC pink anyway. Pretty much everything that disrupts the fertility process seems to sway pink and everything that assists it, seems to sway blue. So even if they are speaking the God's honest truth and Maca really is "balancing your hormones naturally" that may very well be the exact opposite of what you're trying to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I have ever read about Maca is that it is a "superfood" like wheatgrass or whatever. ITA with Atomic. It's not Vitex.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12