Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Inglewood, thanks for thinking of me! My dh ph is actually really good 7.3 so im just gonna keep him on his supps but probably take him off the liquorice root. Did you cut mag out of your sups then to lower your ph?
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, that is what seems to be best BUT if you can't keep it up, then just make sure you're sticking to the blood sugar stuff (like skipping breakfast, avoiding snacks, not eating very large meals) for a few days before O, O day, and for a few days after. I would MUCH rather see you cheat during AF than those couple of days after O.

Deaks I'm sorry I know you asked several q's but I have only 5 min here and there so just answering the shorties tonight.
    Thanks so much again atomic, will try and stay on the diet as long as i can and only cheat during af...god that is sooooo hard!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deaks66 View Post
    Thanks atomic/rainbow, there is so much useful info there! unfortunately i really don't feel i can give up o+12 as i know cut offs don't work for us (tried and tried to get a bfp that way and just doesn't happen) and bd through ov with my ph = boy!! I could consider using refresh through ov as an alternative or aci gel i guess but had just got to the point where i was dropping any kind of creams, gels and lime out of my sway. The compressed FR could definitely be doable though. So would we would literally dtd or release as much as we like running up to ov but it really doesn't matter how much or when and then at o+12 FR once or twice, ditching that lot and then using the next batch?? The only problem i have with that is dh hates releasing and dtd will increase my already stubborn ph right? i think perhaps bd through ov using rephresh or acigel might be more doable but need to think it through! got another few days until my potential start day of abstinence.

Thanks ladies X
    I totally understand! Just know that I believe it to be very difficult to conceive with O+12...you did it once and that is great but most people, most of the time, have a rough time. I would hate to see you keep up with O+12 if that was a one in a hundred shot, KWIM???

But to echo the other posters, you can do any of these tactics with only one attempt so no worries about the pH going up with numerous BD rounds. If you don't want to use RepHresh that's just fine.

For the compressed FR he releases as many times as he can in a 2-3 day period just before you expect to O. So he would try to release 2-3 times a day and you can use the last ejaculation of the day for your attempt, either with just one attempt or several over a 2-3 day period. Prior to that your husband would just DTD whenever the mood struck until 3 DBO - no need to abstain. He might release once in the morning and again at night (and if at all possible, a third time in the day), using only the last ejaculation for insemination. Then 2 DBO he would release twice (three times if he can but it shouldn't become torture) and use the last insemination. 1 DBO, release twice and use the second batch, O day and O+1 the same thing.

Or, you could toss all other attempts and only use the one from 1 DBO/O Day, O+1, whatever you feel comfy with.

Even tho I don't agree with O+12, I include a BD on O+1 for two reasons...firstly because I know some want to try O+12, and also because every month you have the potential to release two eggs, so if the first egg went unfertilized you may release another egg several hours later that could be hit by an O+1.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by deaks66 View Post
    Thanks zanacal, do you mean we don't have to be dtd lots before ov and can just stick with thinking about our attempt and release once followed by our attempt next? so in effect we could still abstain until attempt day but then do compressed FR that day? that might help as dh works away and LONG hours so we will never get much chance to bd anyway.
    You CAN do that but DH needs to be able to release at least twice in a row back to back, for that to work.

So you can abstain for 7-10 days, then have DH release once, dump it, then immediately have him DTD and use that as your attempt. If he can't do it one right after another, it's better to have him do three releases, morning, noon, night, and dump the first two, use the third.

I don't feel as good about that in terms of healthy spermies tho....it's basically abstain, KWIM??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes he could definitely do it twice back to back but i do know what you mean...after a long abstain its not like he is going to produce many new sperm in the space of a couple of hours! Oh dear, it is so tricky! So if we release a few days before ov and then release back to back for our attempt that would be better? I will ask dh and see if he thinks its doable but im sure it is! Its a shame though as I had really set my heart on long abstain and o+12 as it seems like that has a much better success rate and especially as i have dropped so many other sway aspects. Saying that i did conceive my sons with long abstain so perhaps a different method is better.

Another thing... if i was to stick with long abstain then i was going to stop dh's liquorice root but if we are releasing a bit in the run up and then doing compressed release could he stay on the LR or would he find FR hard with it??

So sorry for the millions of questions!
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some men have had problems in that respect with the LR - but you could give it a go and cut back his dosage if it's an issue!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    deaks - this thread makes quite an interesting read and the study I was talking about (sorry forgot to post the link before!) is on page 3:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...-or-abstaining
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks zanacal! i know my dh definitely cant release as much as other dh's and i really don't think he has much more than 2ml ever at best! Thats my problem with FR is that the quantity will drop so much (to say 1ml) that i wont get pg. I know there will still be millions of sperm there but i have only ever got pg with a one hit wonder after abstinence. Just really don't know what to do. Going to talk to dh when he gets back tonight.
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a good idea, it has to be something you're both comfortable with. My plan changed completely once I'd spoken with DH about it! There's no way of telling how many sperm are in a semen sample - you can have lots of semen with hardly any sperm in and vice versa - so don't fret about that x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, spoken to dh and he's not up for releasing at all! well i mean he is up for attempt time me getting him to the point of no return and then dtd, but he's not up for any more releasing than that. Im not worried though as i have pretty much come to the conclusion tonight that we will abstain for 10 days max, do our o+12, but use absolutely no lime, acigel or LR for him at all. I will also add the progesterone in and be VERY careful with my blood sugar levels. If there is any whiff of a chemical again then we will make some much bigger changes to our sway but for now i am hopeful that using progesterone and not lowering sperm overly far with LR will be some positive changes that will hopefully lead to a healthy bfp.

Hope this is the right thing to do but i just cant imagine bd through ov at the moment or making dh do something he really doesn't want to. He is happy to support me when it comes to my side of the sway but i think FR is just a step to far for him. Fair do's. What do you reckon ladies?
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast