Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thoughts on biorhythms and moon signs

I'm about to start my first sway in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on moon signs and biorhythms.
    Is there anyone that swears by them?
    Who has had a successful sway even when theirs doesn't match up?
    I've just had a look at mine for the next couple of months and it looks like neither match up with my fertile days...
    Mama to 2 beautiful boys
    Expecting our sway baby July '18. Fingers crossed for a healthy pink bean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe in either of those things. I'm a firm believer in a scientific explanation for everything and there's just no science whatsoever to back it up. If anyone says it worked for them, well, it had a 50% chance of being right anyway since we know either boy or girl will be the outcome. The moon signs influencing gender is ridiculous to me because how could someone's chance of a girl fluctuate from day to day? Or with biorhythms, how could chances change so frequently based on your date of birth?? Swaying would be pointless if these were true! These things hold about as much water as the Chinese gender chart. Nothing can predict the gender of your baby. Swaying can help put the odds in your favor, but at the end of the day what will be, will be.

FWIW I checked my moon signs and biorhythms for DS3 since I swayed pink with him. Both moon signs and biorhythms said girl for him. DS1's said boy and DS2's girl moon sign, boy biorhythm. So not only were they not always right but sometimes they don't even match up!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been waiting for a biorhythm post!!

You know why? Because I researched it. Hard.

The general takedown: the creator of biorhythms was an ear, nose and throat doctor named Wilhem Fleiss. So a weird background on a supposed fertility analysis. atomic often refers to him as a mental patient, but he was actually just a very close friend with Sigmund Freud. Freud, as we all know, might be the pioneer of psychology but nearly everything he theorized has been debunked. Fleiss was also accused of molestation, so there's that.

So this ENT doctor tried developing all sorts of weird biological principles. ALL of them have been disproven. Like your nose and genitals were connected and could indicate neuroses. Or that everyone is bisexual.

So that brings us to biorhythms. He thought men and women went through 23 and 28 day sexual cycles. Well the 28 one wasn't new -- the idea of a 28 day cycle for women based on menstruation had been around for ages, based on the moon cycle. Which as we ALL know, is also not accurate. I read once that roughly only 14% of women had a 28 day cycle! Let it also be said that he called it the "emotional" cycle and was supposed to be based on mood stability... a bit offensive amd stereotypical, no? And WE interpret them as fertile days, but Fleiss called them critical days, and that the very first critical day happens 12 hours before we are born. So not even necessarily anything meaning fertility.

So that, right there, disproves Fleiss' idea of fertile days. Not everyone has a 28 day cycle. So his days couldn't be accurate. Additionally, we have HARD science to know when we're fertile now -- we know about the follicular phase and the luteal phase; we know about cervical mucous having an impact and how BBT can track ovulation.

Which ends with the "swaying" element of biorhythms. He never said a single thing to that. Whoever in the annals of swaying looked at the biorhythms and thought, "That must mean better for a boy or girl" did it with literally no more evidence than MAYBE, "Emotions mean girls and physical means boys." Again, a little offensive!

Which is nonsense. And just to take it a step further, I did it for myself. When I conceived my DD, I had a STRONG boy chart for that month. So if anyone reading just CAN'T let the idea of swaying and this nonsense go, know that I "counteracted" the rhythms with my LE lifestyle. I looked up the chart for the last 5 of my pregnancies, and only half of the critical days lined up with my fertile days.

So, all in all -- IGNORE them. Biorhythms is some buddy of Freud's trying to grab fame on his coattails, and was interpreted in some bizarre ways by people on the internet.

I'd love to do an essay series to be stickied or something debunking old wives tales and psuedoscience for this site if atomic isn't too sick of my babbling
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; September 30th, 2017 at 08:07 AM.

5. Thanks ksmom, atomic sagebrush, Ohdeer thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived my son when the moon was in the same position like when i was born, the moon was in male sign. Next mont i pray to conceive my daughter with no moon signs but with Le diet and just 1 try and first of all with many prayers

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    None of this works nor makes much sense, except *maybe* phase of the moon to a lesser degree.

Ironically, all of my boys were conceived when the moon phase was at its brightest, and my DD was conceived during the new moon phase. I think it’s just a small thing that can help, but I wouldn’t skip months because the moon phase wasn’t right. I have a friend who has 3 girls and all were conceived during the full moon. She predicted her third was a girl because of it, haha!

🤞🏻for you!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies ladies!

I was hoping to hear that!
    With so many other things involved in swaying I didn't need an extra thing added on for me to think about! Haha

I was actually meaning moon phases, not signs. Sorry!
    But yes, while I think that may have something to it, I don't exactly want to delay my attempt until next year because things aren't lining up with o!

Thanks again! x
    Mama to 2 beautiful boys

9. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Throwaway I would LOVE you to do that!! It's something I have always meant to do, but I resent taking time away from my kids for the hokey stuff TBH.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    clucky, my moon phase essay is here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...naception.html I really don't put much stock into that but at least there's a little bit of plausibility there.

Moon signs on the other hand are completely implausible (magic and mysticism does not sway) and since they switch every couple days all people do is switch around the day of their conception to make the signs come out right.

13. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, I'll have a read.

It looks as though my O won't fall into a new moon phase until December...
    Mama to 2 beautiful boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't worry about it. First of all swaying does change people's cycles, and secondly it is just darn implausible that given our results with things like diet and exercise and one attempt, that the moon could really make an appreciable difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast